Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have 3 boys all played or playing for academies and/or local teams. All competitive and Higher than average level. Some coaches had kids on the team...others didn't. I prefer the coach with no kids....I prefer the coach that does not pamper the kids, wet nurse them, and or kiss their boo boos and or listen to the kids pathetic little feelings.

Generally speaking, I always preferred the coach that teach toughness above all else....If you perform well you get more playing time, Not performing well... less playing time (and encouraged to work harder).

Coaches Job is to Say...Kids Job is to do.
    Oh I agree with you and I don’t mean coaches with kids on the team. That’s a whole other issue lol. I just mean a coach with kids of his own has just a bit more insight into what motivates different kids? To clarify, I think being very tough and also fair should be a priority for all coaches. Prioritize hard work. No wet nurses need apply.
    But in my experience with all of my kids, in this area, those are few and far between.
    I am not saying there isn’t a coach out there without kids of his or her own that doesn’t do a great job. I hear they do exist.

Comment

The entire team pays and part of the fee is supposed to be for a coach skilled enough to handle toxic parents. When toxic parents run a team, players leave the team. When toxic parents are controlled, players stay.
      It's a shame that most coaches spend more time talking to parents about their hurt feelings than actually training the team.

Comment

It's a shame that most coaches spend more time talking to parents about their hurt feelings than actually training the team.
        Smile and nod coaches and then run the team as it should be run. Sometimes you need to choose between toxic family and the other families. If you choose toxic family, so be it and if you choose the others families, so be it. Sometimes you can't have both. Part of youth soccer. You can never please everyone so just do the job and run the team professionally and with respect and honesty.

Comment

Smile and nod coaches and then run the team as it should be run. Sometimes you need to choose between toxic family and the other families. If you choose toxic family, so be it and if you choose the others families, so be it. Sometimes you can't have both. Part of youth soccer. You can never please everyone so just do the job and run the team professionally and with respect and honesty.
          Ideally. But Long Island soccer is way far from ideal. All about the $$ with the big competitive clubs and you can bet coaches understand not to upset the families bringing in the big bucks.

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

Ideally. But Long Island soccer is way far from ideal. All about the $$ with the big competitive clubs and you can bet coaches understand not to upset the families bringing in the big bucks.
            that is dumb....as there is an endless supply of parents that are willing to pay big bucks kiddie soccer....Any Coach should know this and tell any "toxic parent" ...F_ck You!!!! I'm the boss of this team and that is that....my kids coach said this to me a long time ago, this is why we are still with him after 4 years, he instantly earned my respect!!!!

Comment

that is dumb....as there is an endless supply of parents that are willing to pay big bucks kiddie soccer....Any Coach should know this and tell any "toxic parent" ...F_ck You!!!! I'm the boss of this team and that is that....my kids coach said this to me a long time ago, this is why we are still with him after 4 years, he instantly earned my respect!!!!
              Yeah ok

Comment

Would love to know who this amazing coach is. Girls side? Boys side? If you enjoy getting told F U, then I guess you’ve found the right fit, good for you.

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

Would love to know who this amazing coach is. Girls side? Boys side? If you enjoy getting told F U, then I guess you’ve found the right fit, good for you.
                  I can take criticism, obviously you and your weak, pathetic kids can not.

Comment

I can take criticism, obviously you and your weak, pathetic kids can not.
                    Or you are just a tool coach with a list of mindless parents with fat checkbooks.

Comment

So if this coach is so great do him a solid and show him recognition by adding his name to the Best Coaches on LI thread.

Comment

Worst Long Island Coach

So if this coach is so great do him a solid and show him recognition by adding his name to the Best Coaches on LI thread.
                        sorry, we don't advertise and new prospects are invitation only.

Comment

Jamie Gonzalez, clearly! Hemorrhaging kids like crazy, stealing money from the credulous parents and hitting on the girls. All the while doing nothing for their college prospects. He's the worst, him and his midget pal. They have nothing to offer. He couldn't even start at molloy. Run forrest run!

Comment

Jamie Gonzalez, clearly! Hemorrhaging kids like crazy, stealing money from the credulous parents and hitting on the girls. All the while doing nothing for their college prospects. He's the worst, him and his midget pal. They have nothing to offer. He couldn't even start at molloy. Run forrest run!
                            The midget is a good coach but has such a chip on his shoulder about his height he's to angry to communicate with in an adult manner.

Comment

The midget is a good coach but has such a chip on his shoulder about his height he's to angry to communicate with in an adult manner.
                              Angry elf.

Comment

The fury da coaching staff. More like the police academy ( movies)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X