Smithtown Slammers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they improve the club and offer something of quality on LI they could do well as there is almost zero competition on LI for quality youth soccer.

But no one should be holding their breath. Likely just yet another over priced con masquerading as quality youth soccer.

Comment

I'm a Smithtown parent. This whole slammers thing is very stupid. The club is convinced that this will bring in new talent. I really don't see how that will happen. We are a town team. They are trying to compete with the Susa's and barca's but this won't help. Nobody is coming to to play here because we are the slammers now. The club is in a downward spiral. We had one of our summer camps canceled this summer due to low attendance. Second camp was ok but attendance was low and Tom lips was nowhere to be seen at the camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        How would it be ok to put Susa in the ecnl and then also put Smithtown in ecnl right after? Is ecnl that dishonest and crappy of an organization?
        Partly agree and partly wish the league would include Smithtown and put DC and Boston area in another division. We could all play good soccer in NY metro, NJ, and CT and it would be more soccer time and less money and useless travel time.

Comment

It is not. Smithtown will claim to be getting ECNL just like Surf did. Surf was not starting from scratch, you should really do your research to the other poster. It is exactly the same thing. And oh by the way, most dominant club in the country for ECNL is PDA. Again go look up the information. Slammers is an excellent club, but please do not think for one second that what they do out in CA will make Smithtown relevant. Your trainers are average at best and the talent pool will not change bc of a club name. Again see Surf.

The club will play in EDP with the hopes to become a 3rd LI club with ECNL. Just what the area needs. Good luck to all.

Oh yeah, the Smithtown club dues will go up. How do you expect the parent club to make money out of this?? Enjoy the new jerseys and rumors for the next twelve months.
          You are right that PDA is the most dominant club-3 ECNL National Champioships and Finalists in 2 more age groups. ECNL have LAFC Slammers club of the year as a big thank you for leaving GDA and going All in ECNL. Pda took one for the team here. ECNL also named World Class a top 25 club for the year with a truly dismal performance by most of their teams-another big thank you for their decision to leave GDA and go All In ECNL next year.

Will the Smithtown Slammers ever get an ECNL badge? No. At best, ECNL might open up the Regional League to ECNL club affiliates and spinoffs from Rush, Surf and Slammers would be allowed to play there, but that's about it. Susa is literally listed on the ECNL website with their address being in Smithtown NY, lol. And ECNL loves Susa, they came in pretty hot in year 1 and proved they were a good addition with a few conference champions and almost every team finishing top 5. I think Smithtown had a 2nd and a 3rd place finisher in npl. I think ecnl would be hesitant to say the least to allow a club with that record from the same town as an established ecnl club, to play ecnl.

Comment

Partly agree and partly wish the league would include Smithtown and put DC and Boston area in another division. We could all play good soccer in NY metro, NJ, and CT and it would be more soccer time and less money and useless travel time.
            Edp does that, why not play there?

Comment

I'm a Smithtown parent. This whole slammers thing is very stupid. The club is convinced that this will bring in new talent. I really don't see how that will happen. We are a town team. They are trying to compete with the Susa's and barca's but this won't help. Nobody is coming to to play here because we are the slammers now. The club is in a downward spiral. We had one of our summer camps canceled this summer due to low attendance. Second camp was ok but attendance was low and Tom lips was nowhere to be seen at the camp.
              Not buying that you're a Smithtown parent

Comment

Edp does that, why not play there?
                very tempting but I think the level of play is higher overall at the ecnl clubs in my age groups and the kids are committed to their teams at this point. But I like EDP. IF I had this to do over......

Comment

You are right that PDA is the most dominant club-3 ECNL National Champioships and Finalists in 2 more age groups. ECNL have LAFC Slammers club of the year as a big thank you for leaving GDA and going All in ECNL. Pda took one for the team here. ECNL also named World Class a top 25 club for the year with a truly dismal performance by most of their teams-another big thank you for their decision to leave GDA and go All In ECNL next year.

Will the Smithtown Slammers ever get an ECNL badge? No. At best, ECNL might open up the Regional League to ECNL club affiliates and spinoffs from Rush, Surf and Slammers would be allowed to play there, but that's about it. Susa is literally listed on the ECNL website with their address being in Smithtown NY, lol. And ECNL loves Susa, they came in pretty hot in year 1 and proved they were a good addition with a few conference champions and almost every team finishing top 5. I think Smithtown had a 2nd and a 3rd place finisher in npl. I think ecnl would be hesitant to say the least to allow a club with that record from the same town as an established ecnl club, to play ecnl.
                  Why do you think SUSA puts Smithtown as its address? It was a direct shot at their biggest competitor. People want to say otherwise but it's a fact. SUSA is petrified of Smithtown and many of SUSA's moves are made to affect Smithtown. Right now SUSA is not happy. Our coach talks about Smithtown nonstop, he's borderline obsessed. Probably not hard to figure out who I'm talking about. I dont like him at all, most don't, But as long as SUSA has the ECNL badge, we are staying.

Comment

How would it be ok to put Susa in the ecnl and then also put Smithtown in ecnl right after? Is ecnl that dishonest and crappy of an organization?
                    Agree. Smithtown was providing EMSC with their NE NPL teams (ie. behind EMSC's ECNL teams). How in the world would Smithtown be able to convince anyone that their teams should be in ECNL?

Comment

Why do you think SUSA puts Smithtown as its address? It was a direct shot at their biggest competitor. People want to say otherwise but it's a fact. SUSA is petrified of Smithtown and many of SUSA's moves are made to affect Smithtown. Right now SUSA is not happy. Our coach talks about Smithtown nonstop, he's borderline obsessed. Probably not hard to figure out who I'm talking about. I dont like him at all, most don't, But as long as SUSA has the ECNL badge, we are staying.
                      Lol, nice try! The coach you're trying to bash that used to coach for Smithtown Never, Ever mentions Smithtown. If it's really your kid's coach, where is he right now? All morning? Without checking social media...

Comment

Agree. Smithtown was providing EMSC with their NE NPL teams (ie. behind EMSC's ECNL teams). How in the world would Smithtown be able to convince anyone that their teams should be in ECNL?
                        That is not the issue. Quality is not really the driving force in these high end exclusionary leagues. The level of play in the ecnl or the gda is not that impressive with a few exceptions. Go watch and you will see. These leagues are about status and money.

Comment

Gimme a break! If Susa was "petrified" of Smithtown, they would've offered Lips a boatload of $$$ and bought him just like they did to the guy from ISA and a bunch of other folks. And if you think Tommy Lips would've walked away from that AND the chance for his kid to be an ECNL superstar, you're freaking dreaming! The only one who walked away from Susa money was Kurt Kelly who ends up losing most of his players to Susa anyway (without the payday).

Comment

Lol, nice try! The coach you're trying to bash that used to coach for Smithtown Never, Ever mentions Smithtown. If it's really your kid's coach, where is he right now? All morning? Without checking social media...
                            Ok fine, I don't know because I'm not really a Susa parent-we play for Smithtown. But I heard he is obsessed with my kid's team that made it to finals in playoffs in the NE NPL Conference! Even though his team won their conference in ECNL and one of his players was named ECNL Northeast Player of the Year, he knows my kid's team is still better and would drop his whole team if my kid's team would come play for him in ECNL.

Comment

Ok fine, I don't know because I'm not really a Susa parent-we play for Smithtown. But I heard he is obsessed with my kid's team that made it to finals in playoffs in the NE NPL Conference! Even though his team won their conference in ECNL and one of his players was named ECNL Northeast Player of the Year, he knows my kid's team is still better and would drop his whole team if my kid's team would come play for him in ECNL.
                              You honestly believe your kick and run Cosmos are better than the 04 Ecnl girls? I'm sure JR wouldn't mind playing a game or two or three just for fun. Cosmos are awful, play terrible soccer.

Comment

That is not the issue. Quality is not really the driving force in these high end exclusionary leagues. The level of play in the ecnl or the gda is not that impressive with a few exceptions. Go watch and you will see. These leagues are about status and money.
                                They are until they over do it and so called "elite" becomes just meh. LI is rapidly becoming the meh of youth soccer if we are not already there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X