X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent rising

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The future has always been bright, the 05 won back to back state cups. Leadership is lacking and the talent will erode.
    I don't know how you evaluate talent, but possession progression style works, and today's CUP finalists will be tomorrows GDA powerhouse.

No bulldog here, just the facts.

Performance over time speaks volumes.

You may prefer ECNL and playing HS ball
    You may prefer GDA and playing under the flag
    You may prefer ... you may prefer....

But talent is NOT leaving, its only getting better because its being developed, not catered to.

Possess something you're proud of
    Progress to something as a team
    Arrive at your individual potential

Talent can't leave, its developed!

Comment

Gda

Well said, and incredibly accurate ... rare to see on this board.

Comment

a poet

Comment

I don't know how you evaluate talent, but possession progression style works, and today's CUP finalists will be tomorrows GDA powerhouse.

No bulldog here, just the facts.

Performance over time speaks volumes.

You may prefer ECNL and playing HS ball
          You may prefer GDA and playing under the flag
          You may prefer ... you may prefer....

But talent is NOT leaving, its only getting better because its being developed, not catered to.

Possess something you're proud of
          Progress to something as a team
          Arrive at your individual potential

Talent can't leave, its developed!
          Many girls on the 18/19 GDA team have been there for years. Not impressed.

Comment

Thats so cute Carlos and Anthony are replying to each other.

Comment

Hey anyone see that the NYSC pre GDA teams are killing it? I see their 07 and 06 teams in the NY State cup finals?

Maybe their future is built on the back of tomorrow's DA players, not todays confused crew without a real 'home grown' brand to be proud of.

There is also a NEW PRE GDA league next year of top tier clubs, something good seems to be happening ....

NYSC all the way... girls GDA won't go anywhere, NYSC on top, follow the LEADER!
              My daughter won back to back state cups, one against the Hotshotz, arguably the best LI youth team ever, and we still left for ecnl when the time was right, just as all the best players do, just look at the list.

Comment

My daughter won back to back state cups, one against the Hotshotz, arguably the best LI youth team ever, and we still left for ecnl when the time was right, just as all the best players do, just look at the list.
                Please provide a historical comparison of the two highest leagues in the area and the movement of the "best players" to ECNL over the last two years. I only ask since there is a "list" referenced.

Comment

Please provide a historical comparison of the two highest leagues in the area and the movement of the "best players" to ECNL over the last two years. I only ask since there is a "list" referenced.
                  No, and I might add, you need to trust me...

Comment

Not that poster: When GDA started not all the top players moved over. Many stayed in ECNL as well. For older players who can blame them? Now two years in, particularly around here, you've got younger players coming up that need to decide and they don't necessarily like what they see. For at least the next year or more ECNL is more stable and still gives players what they want - good college exposure + HS if you want it.

Comment

Not that poster: When GDA started not all the top players moved over. Many stayed in ECNL as well. For older players who can blame them? Now two years in, particularly around here, you've got younger players coming up that need to decide and they don't necessarily like what they see. For at least the next year or more ECNL is more stable and still gives players what they want - good college exposure + HS if you want it.
                      How is it more stable?

I agree the older players were not likely to move; didn't make much sense.

As I've mentioned, those are trying to determine which path to take, and both are viable, to have HS as the factor seems odd. Play or not, all good, but that should be an "Oh, I can play because you are shutting down for a couple of months, cool" type reaction. Not "I'm dedicated to developing my skills, but I'm going to put all that aside for a couple of months and hope I can get back into it easily after the season".

In no activity is it encouraged to play or do something at a high level, then to push it aside for a while, then come back into it as a suggested path to take.

Again...it's all good no matter what you choose, as long as they keep playing.

Comment

How is it more stable?

I agree the older players were not likely to move; didn't make much sense.

As I've mentioned, those are trying to determine which path to take, and both are viable, to have HS as the factor seems odd. Play or not, all good, but that should be an "Oh, I can play because you are shutting down for a couple of months, cool" type reaction. Not "I'm dedicated to developing my skills, but I'm going to put all that aside for a couple of months and hope I can get back into it easily after the season".

In no activity is it encouraged to play or do something at a high level, then to push it aside for a while, then come back into it as a suggested path to take.

Again...it's all good no matter what you choose, as long as they keep playing.
                        If USSF wants to be the gold standard then one of the first things it needs to do is close the add on loophole and crack down on violators. They need to get some credibility back.
                        If that means the league has to shrink down in size to make happen then so be it. It's too big as it is. There just isn't enough talent to go around. Make it smaller for the kids who really want it and don't care about HS. Those are the players USSF wants anyway. They don't care about HS or multisport athletes.

Comment

Hey anyone see that the NYSC pre GDA teams are killing it? I see their 07 and 06 teams in the NY State cup finals?

Maybe their future is built on the back of tomorrow's DA players, not todays confused crew without a real 'home grown' brand to be proud of.

There is also a NEW PRE GDA league next year of top tier clubs, something good seems to be happening ....

NYSC all the way... girls GDA won't go anywhere, NYSC on top, follow the LEADER!
                          The cup for the 06 age group (U13) is a lot less meaningful now that the top U13 teams from WC, East Meadow, SUSA have moved onto ECNL and don't play in the cup. Note the clubs that are not in the cup at the U13 age group. And when those clubs do play in the cup, they are B and C teams.

The U12s (07s) still have all the clubs in the cup (except perhaps WC). That is meaningful and NYSC has a very deep good bench at that age group.

Comment

The cup for the 06 age group (U13) is a lot less meaningful now that the top U13 teams from WC, East Meadow, SUSA have moved onto ECNL and don't play in the cup. Note the clubs that are not in the cup at the U13 age group. And when those clubs do play in the cup, they are B and C teams.

The U12s (07s) still have all the clubs in the cup (except perhaps WC). That is meaningful and NYSC has a very deep good bench at that age group.
                            If you are a parent of an 07 NYSC parent, you should already be talking to WCFC.

Comment

If you are a parent of an 07 NYSC parent, you should already be talking to WCFC.
                              What is happening with WC at 07? Isn't CC moving? Who takes over the top team?

Comment

What is happening with WC at 07? Isn't CC moving? Who takes over the top team?
                                I have no idea, nor do I know who CC is, just saying that if your kid is a good player, you need to start reaching-out now, as GDA is dead around here, and ECNL is King.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X