Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can't use the fields until you have a sewers, parking lots, roads, electricity, bathrooms, etc.
    gravel parking lots, porta-potty, why need electricity (lights can be diesel portables). seems like excuses as usual.

Comment

Barca does not own the facility. They are not building the facility. They are not funding the facility. The facility is being developed by Prospect Sports and they will be done when they will be done. The original hope was that it would already be done, but obviously that didn't happen and it is equally obvious that it isn't looking good for this summer either. And if I was a betting man, I would bet against the facility being ready until summer 2020.

Unfortunately that is the nature of these kinds of projects. For example, SUSA is similarly years behind their original goals.

If that level of uncertainty is more than you can handle, find another club. Whining about it isn't going to change the situation. It is out of Barca's control.
      it does point to Barca's naivete about their partner and their desire to have *no* economic risk causing this pain. i'm reading allot of excuses here but in the meantime New York Soccer Club built a field, with a winterized bubble, in a fraction of the time. Why? Their partner (who owns the bubble and leasehold) is also the club chairman.

Comment

gravel parking lots, porta-potty, why need electricity (lights can be diesel portables). seems like excuses as usual.
        that all sounds do-able. how would you handle the drainage infrastructure that is not installed, inspected, tested and signed off (by the town)?

Comment

New FC Barcelona Academy NY - the other one went off the rails

that all sounds do-able. how would you handle the drainage infrastructure that is not installed, inspected, tested and signed off (by the town)?
          wow, how much does it cost to join nysc?

Comment

Cost to join clubs

wow, how much does it cost to join nysc?
            NYSC fee is VARIED, in that they have 50% scholarships. Some halves, some quarters, some pay the full amount. Nobody actually knows what the fee is on average because the word is they work with you to find the right price for each family. We're going there next year.

My price was right. About 2k

Comment

Town permits don't work that way. You can't take shortcuts and half-ass the job and expect the town to sign off on it.

Comment

10 fields? So with your reasoning Barca has carte blanche to move around like gypsies until they have 10 fields. Spoiler Alert - It never happens.

BTW, there are plenty of HS’s and Colleges that have space but I guess that option only applies if your an international football club with money to burn.

GM Tyler.
                Their goal is to have 3 or 4 teams deep in every age group for both genders. You can't do that with just a couple of fields. You need a large complex to accomplish that goal. And no college or HS has a facility big enough that they are just going to rent out to a private youth soccer club.

Again, if you don't like that goal and don't want to be a part of it, find another club for your kid.

Comment

it does point to Barca's naivete about their partner and their desire to have *no* economic risk causing this pain. i'm reading allot of excuses here but in the meantime New York Soccer Club built a field, with a winterized bubble, in a fraction of the time. Why? Their partner (who owns the bubble and leasehold) is also the club chairman.
                  It's a lot easier to build one field than an entire complex. You are talking apples and oranges.

Comment

Town permits don't work that way. You can't take shortcuts and half-ass the job and expect the town to sign off on it.
                    sure you can...its called a TCO (temp. certificate of occupancy) its done all the time.

Comment

sure you can...its called a TCO (temp. certificate of occupancy) its done all the time.
                      TCO doesn't let you ignore basic infrastructure and safety issues. No one would be able to step foot on the fields until the erosion, drainage and north slope issues are resolved.

Either way, you people are acting like Barca is acting in some nefarious way here and that's garbage. They want the fields. Unfortunately they are going to have to keep waiting for the fields for a while longer. And in the meantime they will remain renters taking what fields they can get their hands on until the new facility is much further along. And I've said it 10 times so far but I'll say it again. If you aren't happy with that reality, find another club for your kid.

Comment

TCO's usually come with an expiration date of around 90 days. What good would 90 days do for Barca?

Comment

TCO's usually come with an expiration date of around 90 days. What good would 90 days do for Barca?
                          pay for an extension dumb _ss....its done all the time!!!!!!

Comment

pay for an extension dumb _ss....its done all the time!!!!!!
                            So they are supposed to give up all of their arranged rental fields to move to a bare-bones facility with the business plan of hoping that the town keeps renewing their temporary TCO's every 90 days without a hiccup. What happens if the renewal gets denied? Not to mention things like insurance will be higher if operating out of a TCO facility. It would be a liability nightmare.

That is a ridiculous suggestion.

Comment

So they are supposed to give up all of their arranged rental fields to move to a bare-bones facility with the business plan of hoping that the town keeps renewing their temporary TCO's every 90 days without a hiccup. What happens if the renewal gets denied? Not to mention things like insurance will be higher if operating out of a TCO facility. It would be a liability nightmare.

That is a ridiculous suggestion.
                              my uncle had a tco for 3 years for a new house in smithtown!!!!!!!!! we are talking about a fkg soccer field you _ss hole!!!!!

Comment

I don’t think you understand the basic premise. Families need to know where the training is going to be in order to schedule their lives.

I’m sure there are plenty of Suffolk families that have been waiting patiently for Kings Park to become a reality. How long should they hold their breath?

How about the Nassau family that is intrigued by the program. KP May be too far but do they take a chance and hope the facility doesn’t get built for several years.

Real issues. Real Issues that Barca is not commenting on. Where’s their official statement? Why aren’t any of their social media minions posting links to articles about the project?

What, paying customers don’t deserve to know? Oh, I’m sorry I forgot, it’s a privilege for you to take my money. I’ll just go keep my mouth shut.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X