Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Smithtown is getting buzz as we were told by them that NPL was the way to go and trust them. We all have purchased expensive uniforms with EMSC blazoned across them that are now useless. We travel hundreds of miles for games and spend money on hotel rooms to play B and C level teams and we are told playing the same teams season after season is good for development. I left my old club for this BS.
    Well, if you are playing against B and C level teams and are still struggling to win games, then it is probably the right level of competition for you to develop against.

Comment

Smithtown is getting buzz as we were told by them that NPL was the way to go and trust them. We all have purchased expensive uniforms with EMSC blazoned across them that are now useless. We travel hundreds of miles for games and spend money on hotel rooms to play B and C level teams and we are told playing the same teams season after season is good for development. I left my old club for this BS.
      Is that you Sue? Pretending to still be at Smithtown

Comment

Well, if you are playing against B and C level teams and are still struggling to win games, then it is probably the right level of competition for you to develop against.
        Struggling? Have you looked at the league standings. The 03 team is in first place and the 04 and 05 teams are in second although they've played less games then the team in first. If both of those teams keep going, they will also win their league. At least get the facts before you post dumb things.

Comment

Struggling? Have you looked at the league standings. The 03 team is in first place and the 04 and 05 teams are in second although they've played less games then the team in first. If both of those teams keep going, they will also win their league. At least get the facts before you post dumb things.
          Lmfao, I see a lot of 1 goal wins against B, C & D teams in a division that doesn't even have the top clubs like PDA. Yeah, EM & SUSA ECNL are definitely trying to recruit all your players!!! You forgot to mention the fruit basket you got from Paul Riley or the flowers you got from Meaghan Frey trying to lure your kids to their teams too!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Lmfao, I see a lot of 1 goal wins against B, C & D teams in a division that doesn't even have the top clubs like PDA. Yeah, EM & SUSA ECNL are definitely trying to recruit all your players!!! You forgot to mention the fruit basket you got from Paul Riley or the flowers you got from Meaghan Frey trying to lure your kids to their teams too!

Games that were won 1-0 were still completely dominated by ball possession!!!!
            Hell even FC Barcelona has many 1-0 wins with 75% possession!!!!

Comment

Games that were won 1-0 were still completely dominated by ball possession!!!!
              Hell even FC Barcelona has many 1-0 wins with 75% possession!!!!
              Omg, now you're just embarrassing yourself!!! please stop

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

F_ck you

Comment

It's funny when uneducated people speak. For the 1000th time, if smithtown were as bad as you say, you wouldn't be on here talking about them. The fact that you keep engaging only proves they are a decent/good club.

Comment

The U17 team is 1-4-2 (-8 GD) and the U18/19 team is 0-3-1 (-6 GD), so those are struggling.

Comment

The 02 NPL team is better than their record shows. They have been competitive against all teams except Scorpions NPL who scored 8 goals in 2 games. I would not include them as struggling until the season is over. I predict they will be about middle of the pack in a very strong age group with Scorpions, Stars, SUSA and CFC.

Comment

The U17 team is 1-4-2 (-8 GD) and the U18/19 team is 0-3-1 (-6 GD), so those are struggling.
                        According to a SUSA parent on this chain, those would be pretty good records. They tried to say the 0-7-1 2004 Susa NPL team was competitive, so which is it? Also, good try attempting to sidestep the facts about the other age groups. Go back to bed and worry about your own club.

Comment

According to a SUSA parent on this chain, those would be pretty good records. They tried to say the 0-7-1 2004 Susa NPL team was competitive, so which is it? Also, good try attempting to sidestep the facts about the other age groups. Go back to bed and worry about your own club.
                          Lets all agree on one thing, Suffolk County is not a soccer hot bed. All the top clubs are average at best. SUSA by far has the best marketing with mediocre training. Yes they have a solid few teams but in comparison to the number of teams, they have performed well below average as a club. Smithtown is not even on the same radar. We can go down the list.

Stop having a ******* match over either club. Leadership for both are out to make money that is plain and simple. If you are happy with the offering that is fantastic, if not then go somewhere else. If you think either club will take your kid to the promise land you once again are being short sighted.

Do for your own kid and stop listening to these clowns from the clubs. You can come back with your sh!t comments to defend these clowns or you can all agree to stop arguing over C level clubs.

Comment

Lets all agree on one thing, Suffolk County is not a soccer hot bed. All the top clubs are average at best. SUSA by far has the best marketing with mediocre training. Yes they have a solid few teams but in comparison to the number of teams, they have performed well below average as a club. Smithtown is not even on the same radar. We can go down the list.

Stop having a ******* match over either club. Leadership for both are out to make money that is plain and simple. If you are happy with the offering that is fantastic, if not then go somewhere else. If you think either club will take your kid to the promise land you once again are being short sighted.

Do for your own kid and stop listening to these clowns from the clubs. You can come back with your sh!t comments to defend these clowns or you can all agree to stop arguing over C level clubs.
                            I don't understand why Susa got brought into this at all! I'm just trying to figure out what this whole EDP national league means for my kid! I just went on their site and honestly it looks like a ton a teams from all over the place with no real differentiation of level. Can someone please explain?

Comment

I don't understand why Susa got brought into this at all! I'm just trying to figure out what this whole EDP national league means for my kid! I just went on their site and honestly it looks like a ton a teams from all over the place with no real differentiation of level. Can someone please explain?
                              There are three paths to follow in soccer.

The top path, at least in theory, are the USSF DA programs. The Boys DA has been around for over a decade and has respectable soccer being played in it but it's overall effectiveness is debatable. The Girls DA is fairly new and is struggling mightily and is going backwards at this point.

The other two paths are through the top two organizations that are sanctioned by the USSF.

US Youth Soccer is the older and more traditional organization of the two. It has always been hierarchical setup but it has drastically revamped that hierarchy in the last year. It's path is as followed (top to bottom).

National League (Nationwide League)

National League Conferences (in our region called EDP National League Conference Premier I and II). There are also a couple of Club Vs Club divisions.

Regional Premier Leagues (in our region called EDP National League Conference Premier III and IV as well as EDP Championship I, II, III, etc)

Local Travel Leagues (such as Long Island Junior Soccer League)

US Club is the newer of the two major soccer sanctioning bodies and it is kind of all over the place rather than having a straightforward top-down hierarchy. It allows leagues under itself that compete with each other which adds a lot of confusion to all this. But in general it's structure is as follows.

ENPL (Nationwide League)

NPL (regional premier league club vs club, separate from ECNL but under ENPL) A Team vs Team division is supposedly being added for the fall.

ECNL (regional premier league club vs club, separate from NPL but under ENPL)

Regional Club vs Club Leagues not part of the ENPL/NPL/ECNL structure (in our area an example would be NYCSL's Metro divisions)

Regional Team vs Team Leagues not part of the ENPL/NPL/ECNL structure (such as NYCSL's Premier League and Championship divisions)

Local Team vs Team Leagues not part of the ENPL/NPL/ECNL structure (such as the base NYCSL travel divisions that in their case only exist in the younger age groups).

Comment

It's basically the same structure as EDP has always been, under the new banner of National League with the National League being broken up into 4 conferences-North, Mid, South Atlantic & New England.
                                Each conference is broken into different divisions that are basically the same as old EDP. So instead of EDP NPL, it's now National League Club vs. Club. Instead of EDP D1 it's National League Premier 1. Yes, there are a lot more teams because it now incorporates USYS but it's broken up geographically. So let's say your kid's team is in NL Premier 1. NL Premier 1 is broken into 3 divisions-North, Mid & South.
                                I hope this helps! I was a little confused at first because I had an older daughter who played USYS and the National League was something completely different! That league doesn't exist anymore and it's really just a new name for EDP.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X