Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All the players EM, SUSA and Alby have? Please don't put SUSA in the same category as EM and Alby, those two clubs have a long proven history, SUSA has nothing. Whoever wrote this is a real idiot and clearly a SUSA kool aid drinker
    Doesn't SUSA have an 03 already committed to Indiana??

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

You can believe it or not, but I assure you college coaches are showing up every week. Since you singled out Susa, I'm not gonna lie, I thought they'd be a dud this year but they're doing a lot better than I expected. Pile on all you want, but it doesn't change what's really happening. I think it's great for the region on the whole, but I'm rooting for the kids-which I don't think you are, so the view is different from where I am.
      Thank you SUSA Marketing machine member! Did you start this thread to begin with? One humorous comment at you is what you're worried about. Always rooting for the kids here, too! You wouldn't be on here if you weren't stirring up nonsense on this thread. It's a non- issue but here you are!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

it sucks to lose the state championship....but is making it to the state finals a bad thing?
        Actually, it's awesome because 95% of those kids started playing soccer with Smithtown SC and most are still there.

Comment

Thank you SUSA Marketing machine member! Did you start this thread to begin with? One humorous comment at you is what you're worried about. Always rooting for the kids here, too! You wouldn't be on here if you weren't stirring up nonsense on this thread. It's a non- issue but here you are!
          This is what SUSA does, stirs up s*it in other clubs and pick up the pieces. It's all part of the grand plan but still the idiots flock there to pay big $$$ to do so.

Comment

Doesn't SUSA have an 03 already committed to Indiana??
            While awesome for that particular child, that's one kid. As a club, that's not so impressive that it would warrant being on this site comparing yourself to Alby's history, or EM's history or many other long island clubs for that matter. Is SUSA a good club, sure, but you guys really need to stop beating your chests and acting like you're the best club in history. Like all clubs, SUSA has plenty of warts.

Comment

Actually my kid plays on a GDA team, but we know plenty of kids at both EM and Susa. I'm not really looking to "stir up nonsense" just talking soccer. What's really humorous is that you think a post acknowledging that Susa is doing better than "dud" level is a pitch from a marketing member, lol. If it was, that person should reconsider their career!

Bottom line, we got sold a lot of rah-rah from our old club similar to what Smithtown seems to be doing now. I'm just laying some cards on the table here, I never sold any particular club (although you always jumped on Susa for some reason), I only mentioned the clubs that offer ECNL and GDA as better options than jumping from one 3rd tier league to another to another, IF your kid was interested in playing at a decent collegiate level. If your kid is looking to play at a town club with their friends, have fun and win some medals along the way, then Smithtown is a perfectly fine option. But to imply that players at the EDP level are going to have the same amount of options and opportunities that kids who play GDA, ECNL and probably ECRL (if ECNL handles it the way the rumors have been suggesting) is misleading and just flat out untrue.

Don't be so immersed that you can't see the forest for the trees...

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

While awesome for that particular child, that's one kid. As a club, that's not so impressive that it would warrant being on this site comparing yourself to Alby's history, or EM's history or many other long island clubs for that matter. Is SUSA a good club, sure, but you guys really need to stop beating your chests and acting like you're the best club in history. Like all clubs, SUSA has plenty of warts.
                if a club is resorting to botn to get kids to attend tryouts....its a loser club...."hey all.... just show up and make the team!!!!" the almighty susa has tryouts listed all over botn, quite pathetic for this so called great club.

Comment

Actually my kid plays on a GDA team, but we know plenty of kids at both EM and Susa. I'm not really looking to "stir up nonsense" just talking soccer. What's really humorous is that you think a post acknowledging that Susa is doing better than "dud" level is a pitch from a marketing member, lol. If it was, that person should reconsider their career!

Bottom line, we got sold a lot of rah-rah from our old club similar to what Smithtown seems to be doing now. I'm just laying some cards on the table here, I never sold any particular club (although you always jumped on Susa for some reason), I only mentioned the clubs that offer ECNL and GDA as better options than jumping from one 3rd tier league to another to another, IF your kid was interested in playing at a decent collegiate level. If your kid is looking to play at a town club with their friends, have fun and win some medals along the way, then Smithtown is a perfectly fine option. But to imply that players at the EDP level are going to have the same amount of options and opportunities that kids who play GDA, ECNL and probably ECRL (if ECNL handles it the way the rumors have been suggesting) is misleading and just flat out untrue.

You really have no idea what you're talking about and in fact sound like someone who bought hook, line and sinker the nonsense that GDA sold over the last two years. Stick to the GDA threads with the rest of the clearly uneducated soccer parents

Comment

You really have no idea what you're talking about and in fact sound like someone who bought hook, line and sinker the nonsense that GDA sold over the last two years. Stick to the GDA threads with the rest of the clearly uneducated soccer parents
                    Well if you are in Smithtown you will be eating your words. TL out there telling people he is getting GDA with a west coast relationship. Hope you dont become uneducated now.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

There are a lot of opportunities out there. Everyone claiming theirs to be the best. I haven't seen any Smithtown rah-rah claims, just attacks on their club. Good for their parents for sticking up for the club. This thread seems to be about GDA, ECNL, ECRL, EDP, and possibly ODP promoting and selling themselves by bad mouthing one another. Smithtown left the arena long ago!

Time to burn down the forest and start a relevant thread

Comment

Well if you are in Smithtown you will be eating your words. TL out there telling people he is getting GDA with a west coast relationship. Hope you dont become uneducated now.
                        Honestly - they should just add Smithtown and then four other clubs to the existing three and have an all LI GDA division. It would solve the travel complaints issue and maybe even attract lots more players because of it.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Honestly - they should just add Smithtown and then four other clubs to the existing three and have an all LI GDA division. It would solve the travel complaints issue and maybe even attract lots more players because of it.
                          yes...just what we need..... another league/division!!!!!!...honestly!!!!!

Comment

And an 03 at maryland.

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

When looking at the Long Island soccer landscape, there are a lot of GDA players out there, but there are not a lot of true GDA players. Same goes for ECNL, there are a lot of ECNL players out there, just not a lot of true ECNL players. There are a lot of players all over the place now, but none of the teams are that good. A lot of chests being thumped, but nobody or any one teams stands out. Just a lot of mediocrity.

Comment

When looking at the Long Island soccer landscape, there are a lot of GDA players out there, but there are not a lot of true GDA players. Same goes for ECNL, there are a lot of ECNL players out there, just not a lot of true ECNL players. There are a lot of players all over the place now, but none of the teams are that good. A lot of chests being thumped, but nobody or any one teams stands out. Just a lot of mediocrity.
                                The amounts of money involved in all of it stand out. Nothing mediocre about that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X