Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How much does your child's team cost year? How many days do they train? How many months?
    HS soccer and other school sports are funded by the district in my case and in most districts in NY. they are community funded and supported for players that can make the teams.

Comment

anyway - please dont try to ague that gda or ecnl soccer is affordable. That is a losing argument only made by someone making money form this racket or someone so deep in the bubble they can't escape.

school soccer leagues are some of the last places left that a lower income talent can participate and it boggles my mind that us soccer does not support that . that is my opinion and your is clearly different.
      It's not that they necessarily don't want to support it, it's that the results aren't healthy for the player who wants to achieve higher goals. There just isn't a valid risk/reward argument to be made if that's your goal. Not saying impossible, and players I know who do play do it for something to do, but most would rather not. They just are in leagues that have shut down for the fall.

Comment

The season is about 10 to 12 weeks.

Comment

It's not that they necessarily don't want to support it, it's that the results aren't healthy for the player who wants to achieve higher goals. There just isn't a valid risk/reward argument to be made if that's your goal. Not saying impossible, and players I know who do play do it for something to do, but most would rather not. They just are in leagues that have shut down for the fall.
          the affluent layers that want to achieve higher goals. that is the american way and us soccer is on board one hundred percent. enjoy.

Comment

HS soccer and other school sports are funded by the district in my case and in most districts in NY. they are community funded and supported for players that can make the teams.
            Public HS soccer is tax payer funded, yes. So why even be on this forum? It sounds like you are advocating a free publicly funded soccer league. I'm not even sure Bernie Sanders is putting it out there.

And if your child only plays HS, Middle School, again why even bother what other leagues cost?

My point was simply that for half the costs my child gets twice the training. If I look at what other "local" soccer clubs charge, many are more than what I am charged. So in fact from a tuition perspective it is not an insurmountable cost. Travelling is travelling. If you don't like that then neither the ECNL or DA is a good league for you.

Comment

How much does your child's team cost year? How many days do they train? How many months?
              Tuition = $2700
              Uniform = $350
              Showcase fees = $2500

Total = $5550

215 practice/games/training @ 90 minutes over the course of 10 months = 322.5 hours +/-

$17/hour. Cheaper than a baby-sitter.

Comment

the affluent layers that want to achieve higher goals. that is the american way and us soccer is on board one hundred percent. enjoy.
                So, what's your solution? Do you think playing 300+ hours of ball trained by a professional, licensed person should cost $0?

Comment

Public HS soccer is tax payer funded, yes. So why even be on this forum? It sounds like you are advocating a free publicly funded soccer league. I'm not even sure Bernie Sanders is putting it out there.

And if your child only plays HS, Middle School, again why even bother what other leagues cost?

My point was simply that for half the costs my child gets twice the training. If I look at what other "local" soccer clubs charge, many are more than what I am charged. So in fact from a tuition perspective it is not an insurmountable cost. Travelling is travelling. If you don't like that then neither the ECNL or DA is a good league for you.
                  ummm - i am advocating for public funded sports which is what we have through the schools. available no matter if you support trump or sanders or someone else as long as you can make the team.

ecnl and gda are out of reach for most players. they are the same - after the identical market of players .

Comment

ummm - i am advocating for public funded sports which is what we have through the schools. available no matter if you support trump or sanders or someone else as long as you can make the team.

ecnl and gda are out of reach for most players. they are the same - after the identical market of players .
                    So you want socialized soccer. Tax payers funding a sport that their kids may not play in, or even worse tax payers that don't have kids.

And who runs this free league? Who coaches in it? This sounds like the worst possible idea.

FYI ECNL and GDA are not the same nor do they market to the same market of players. Moving from one league to the other I can tell you that some kids outright refuse to train more than twice a week. They will not give up HS.

Comment

So, what's your solution? Do you think playing 300+ hours of ball trained by a professional, licensed person should cost $0?
                      low hanging fruit is the travel - excludes more players then the fees. the gda did not have to go there with the travel but they did. that was the disappointment and that was the realization that the entire enterprise had little to do with soccer.

Comment

low hanging fruit is the travel - excludes more players then the fees. the gda did not have to go there with the travel but they did. that was the disappointment and that was the realization that the entire enterprise had little to do with soccer.
                        I won't go anywhere near defending this one. They f-ed this one up and I expect next year to be different. It's not that many teams, but it only matters if it's yours.

Comment

So you want socialized soccer. Tax payers funding a sport that their kids may not play in, or even worse tax payers that don't have kids.

And who runs this free league? Who coaches in it? This sounds like the worst possible idea.

FYI ECNL and GDA are not the same nor do they market to the same market of players. Moving from one league to the other I can tell you that some kids outright refuse to train more than twice a week. They will not give up HS.
                          dude - we have tax payer funded education - that is the system we have. The tax payers provide education including sports for the children in the boundaries of the district. what am i missing here?

(and if they do a good job - the value of the property in the district reflects that)

Comment

dude - we have tax payer funded education - that is the system we have. The tax payers provide education including sports for the children in the boundaries of the district. what am i missing here?

(and if they do a good job - the value of the property in the district reflects that)
                            Do they provide an education (INCLUDING SPORTS) for every child?

Do you have 400 people on your roster? No? So, some of those kids aren't getting the same value, are they?

Comment

Do they provide an education (INCLUDING SPORTS) for every child?

Do you have 400 people on your roster? No? So, some of those kids aren't getting the same value, are they?
                              huh? does every kid do band, and art club, and chemistry, and sports, and student government, and newspaper, and special education programs, and gifted programs, and theater, etc. etc. etc. look - you clearly are not a fan of how we educate our kids that is how we do it.

I am not aware of any states that use some type of tuition model which I think is what you are advocating for.

Comment

No one is jealous of anything. They thought they'd get away with breaking the rules. Their fault for letting their kids do it. Be a parent. Teach them life has rules and sometimes you have to make tough choices. You can't get everything you want.
                                Break rules to what end? Who benefits? If you believe in the GDA curriculum, why would you care? Who gets hurt by it other than potentially the kids themselves?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X