Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fit is important, same with linking coach and coaching style. You can line everything up on paper but your gut is an important thing to listen to as well
    Go with a coach and team not a league unless you one of the 2 NY players that have to play gda or the ussf won't let you on a team. Except the them, do what you want.

Comment

My daughter is in the same boat - going into 8th grade, offers for both both ECNL and DA. But I think we are going to ECNL. She thinks she will get better, more rounded training with the ECNL team even though it's one day less a week. She likes the coaching style better of the other coach. I'm just trying to help her figure it out.
      There is a lot of idle time for U15 and up for those not playing in HS. The U15 8th graders get screwed the most. I cant wait for a league to break from ussf and go back to school year age groups. Keep classmates with classmates, friends with friends. I am sure the colleges wont care.

Comment

There is a lot of idle time for U15 and up for those not playing in HS. The U15 8th graders get screwed the most. I cant wait for a league to break from ussf and go back to school year age groups. Keep classmates with classmates, friends with friends. I am sure the colleges wont care.
        Not only will colleges not care; colleges will rejoice to have grade based age groups. Colleges recruit by grade so it would align perfectly. Also, no one has to “break with USSF” to go grade based. Just go grade based but play up half a year in the older birth year just like before.

Comment

They don't and by and large coaches are shopping by grade. Going back to school year makes it less complicated for them and certainly has other benefits. To change all of youth soccer to calendar year just for a few players that might compete internationally at some point is absurd. Leave it calendar year for DA if need be but change all the rest back.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X