Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA or ECNL?

I've heard pros and cons of both. Which one should my daughter choose and why?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My guess is you started this thread to detract from other threads that disrupt your narrative about your club's lousy league placement.

Good idea to try and get ECNL and GDA supporters to try and bash the other league! Doesn't matter though, USYS EDP still sucks and doesn't hold a candle to GDA or ECNL.

Comment

My guess is you started this thread to detract from other threads that disrupt your narrative about your club's lousy league placement.

Good idea to try and get ECNL and GDA supporters to try and bash the other league! Doesn't matter though, USYS EDP still sucks and doesn't hold a candle to GDA or ECNL.
      Try track and field. Still fine to just do HS and you can just dispense with all this club sport nonsense

Comment

Pick the best coaching and fit for your player, not the badge. It's that simple.

Comment

Assuming that finances and commuting are similar and not an issue for you, choose the one your daughter feels most interested in.

Comment

GDA or ECNL?

Assuming that finances and commuting are similar and not an issue for you, choose the one your daughter feels most interested in.
            Thank you! That got weird up top. I guess it’s where she feels most comfortable.

Comment

Thank you! That got weird up top. I guess it’s where she feels most comfortable.
              Which will be about the coach and the team and not about the league. The leagues are more or less the same.

Comment

There is no best answer at the moment if your goal is to potentially play in college. Factor in coaching, cost, commutes, club facilities, team dynamics, club dynamics, role on team (starter or non-starter), etc. Ask questions of the club/coach before committing.

Comment

Okay, assuming you want a straight answer. Go meet with the ECNL or GDA TEAM that you are thinking about. Meet the coach, director, and observe the training. Go with the TEAM that you and your daughter feel comfortable with.

Comment

Best coaching and fit. The patch doesn't matter.

Comment

Bingo, we have a winner

Comment

Cant matter too much anymore. Making certain teams from certain clubs can still be significant but just a league designation is meaningless. Yuoth soccer is watered down and everyone knows it.

Comment

Bingo, we have a winner
                          If you are not a guaranteed starter, the. ECNL is better for sure. The substitutuion rules of DA are not conducive to developing players who are on the bench. Also, is your daughter interested in playing high school?

Comment

If you are not a guaranteed starter, the. ECNL is better for sure. The substitutuion rules of DA are not conducive to developing players who are on the bench. Also, is your daughter interested in playing high school?
                            Being a guaranteed starter on a crap team doesn't do much for you either. More training days of bad training? That's why you pick the club with the best coaching, strongest teammates and best fit for your play (HS or not? Travel and costs are similar) regardless of the league

Comment

Being a guaranteed starter on a crap team doesn't do much for you either. More training days of bad training? That's why you pick the club with the best coaching, strongest teammates and best fit for your play (HS or not? Travel and costs are similar) regardless of the league
                              Club soccer is all about parents finding the team/level at which their kid can be a star. Its not about challenging your kid to get better. One could argue that the best sitaution for some kis would be NOT to start but have a realistic chance of earning that by improving over time.

Its the unwritten reason behind the whole HS thing. Its a level at which many more kids can be "relevant" The social argument is way overblown.

as a society, hard work and earning things is now so passe. I want it now

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X