Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS or not ?

How many of the HS stars in this area have gone on to a big time College and had an instant impact ?

Lots. Sam Coffey (Boston College/Penn State); Taylor Aylmer (rutgers); Taylor Racioppi (Duke); Phallon Tullis Joyce (university of Miami); Melina Couzis (University of Connecticut); Zoe Maxwell (Brown)...do you need more?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Lots. Sam Coffey (Boston College/Penn State); Taylor Aylmer (rutgers); Taylor Racioppi (Duke); Phallon Tullis Joyce (university of Miami); Melina Couzis (University of Connecticut); Zoe Maxwell (Brown)...do you need more?
      are you kidding? thats hardly any. Of your list there are maybe 2 big time Colleges. Has U COnn won 5 games over the last 2 years !! Brown ? no. Miami...No.

Comment

are you kidding? thats hardly any. Of your list there are maybe 2 big time Colleges. Has U COnn won 5 games over the last 2 years !! Brown ? no. Miami...No.
        They got there bc of their club take, not HS.

Comment

They got there bc of their club take, not HS.
          You did not say that. You asked for HS stars who went to Big time Colleges. Since when is Penn State, Duke, Rutgers, u if Miami, or Brown not a “big time college”? Just because the answer isn’t what you wanted doesn’t mean it’s wrong friend

Comment

You did not say that. You asked for HS stars who went to Big time Colleges. Since when is Penn State, Duke, Rutgers, u if Miami, or Brown not a “big time college”? Just because the answer isn’t what you wanted doesn’t mean it’s wrong friend
            Coffey went to BC ..has not played a game for PSU yet. Duke yes, Rutgers and BC are borderline. The rest are not even close. And by the way,Racioppi has graduated so basically you gave me 6 players., 4 of which are marginal over 5 YEARS .. so less than one per YEAR thats nothing.

You have no idea what i wanted. I asked a question and your answer is way off. Implied in Big time is for soccer, given thats what this forum is all about.

No one can possibly think Brown or Miami meet that criteria. Nor does U Conn. So one blue chip soccer school so far.

Comment

and thats a different poster friend.

Comment

Coffey went to BC ..has not played a game for PSU yet. Duke yes, Rutgers and BC are borderline. The rest are not even close. And by the way,Racioppi has graduated so basically you gave me 6 players., 4 of which are marginal over 5 YEARS .. so less than one per YEAR thats nothing.

You have no idea what i wanted. I asked a question and your answer is way off. Implied in Big time is for soccer, given thats what this forum is all about.

No one can possibly think Brown or Miami meet that criteria. Nor does U Conn. So one blue chip soccer school so far.
                You are bonkers right? not the person who gave the list but you specifically asked for a list of HS Stars in this area who went to “big time schools”. The poster gave you a list of some pretty big time schools. Are you mad because they proved your thoughts wrong, or are you just an angry idiot who asks stupid questions? Ask more specific questions and you will get more specific answers.

Comment

Is this supposed to be an argument against playing HS soccer? Of course HS soccer doesn't contribute to much to a player's development, but it does some. Nor does that justify taking it away for thousands of players who want to play. Many top level players played in HS and continued to be top players in college. Some college players flame out, but playing HS isn't why that happened. It means they over-reached for their programs, they didn't keep working hard at their craft, or the coach judged poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered1001 View Post
                    Is this supposed to be an argument against playing HS soccer? Of course HS soccer doesn't contribute to much to a player's development, but it does some. Nor does that justify taking it away for thousands of players who want to play. Many top level players played in HS and continued to be top players in college. Some college players flame out, but playing HS isn't why that happened. It means they over-reached for their programs, they didn't keep working hard at their craft, or the coach judged poorly.
                    interesting that people interpret it that way. you say many. i dont see many top player PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered1001 View Post
                      and no one has said take it away. Players should do what is best for them.ive read so many testimonials on the benefits of HS soccer and yet so many of the "stars" this area talked about go to College and really dont have the level of impact we were led to believe they would by all the hype.

i read the list posted above and with great respect, the only player who lived up to the hype on that list is Racioppi.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered25 View Post
                        and no one has said take it away. Players should do what is best for them.ive read so many testimonials on the benefits of HS soccer and yet so many of the "stars" this area talked about go to College and really dont have the level of impact we were led to believe they would by all the hype.

i read the list posted above and with great respect, the only player who lived up to the hype on that list is Racioppi.
                        But if the argument is that most of the development comes from their clubs and their own hard work then where does the blame lie? It isn't because they play high school for three months. The NE isn't a soccer powerhouse like say the west coast. Weather? Poor quality clubs? Less of a soccer culture? Other reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered99redbaloons View Post
                          But if the argument is that most of the development comes from their clubs and their own hard work then where does the blame lie? It isn't because they play high school for three months. The NE isn't a soccer powerhouse like say the west coast. Weather? Poor quality clubs? Less of a soccer culture? Other reasons?
                          not sure. i think the whole system is complacent.

-Clubs get paid no matter what as long as they fill slots
                          -People celebrate commits period. They dont look any deeper
                          - Very few "hungry" kids in the system based on the way its designed.

I agree with you. Many factors, but 3 months of HS is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered2000 View Post
                            not sure. i think the whole system is complacent.

-Clubs get paid no matter what as long as they fill slots
                            -People celebrate commits period. They dont look any deeper
                            - Very few "hungry" kids in the system based on the way its designed.

I agree with you. Many factors, but 3 months of HS is not one of them.
                            op here and yes college is the goal, not professional soccer, hence the lack of an appetite. Maybe that's ok. Most players won't go pro anyway, because of lack interest and/or lack of skill. But we should have a separate, much smaller system for those that do.

Comment

HS ball is there to keep the kids from losing their love of the game. Club ball is often destructive to the kids will to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X