Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tryout season has begun

Tryout season is about to begin. Who has the best development program for the U little boys age 10-13? I don't care about wins, fields, or even driving distance to a certain extent (we live in Stamford)

Looking for whatever program will focus the best on actually improving skills so that there is an actual difference in ability from the start of the year to the end.

Any thoughts? BS? Rush? Everton? FC Westchester? AC CT? NYSC?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tryout season is about to begin. Who has the best development program for the U little boys age 10-13? I don't care about wins, fields, or even driving distance to a certain extent (we live in Stamford)

Looking for whatever program will focus the best on actually improving skills so that there is an actual difference in ability from the start of the year to the end.

BS - a mess but some are content. For you question is will they keep the south branch going?
    Rush - don't bother
    FCW - in decline
    AC CT - way too far from Stamford for you. Keep travel down at that age
    NYSC - great option
    Everton 2nd best option

Comment

BS - a mess but some are content. For you question is will they keep the south branch going?
      Rush - don't bother
      FCW - in decline
      NYSC - great option
      Everton 2nd best option
      I agree that the best option is NYSC and the 2nd best option is Everton.

Comment

Depends on coach sometimes in addition to club.

Comment

Rush - don't bother
          FCW - in decline
          NYSC - great option
          Everton 2nd best option
          Why is FCW in decline? I thought they were a solid club?

Comment

Always been impressed when we've visited Everton (from Hartford area).

Comment

revolution (not on the list) has good quality coaches for the younger groups but, since you are in stamford, NYSC would be best option

Comment

Depends on coach sometimes in addition to club.
                But if there's only a few good coaches and most mediocre, don't go there. A good club has mostly all solid coaching that you wouldn't cringe when you find out who you're getting

Comment

Why is FCW in decline? I thought they were a solid club?
                  Everton pulled out of the partnership, Ryan Casey went back to Ireland, club is a mess.

Comment

Stamford Youth soccer is really good. Not from Stamford myself but I recall that They had a U12 team last year reach the finals of USYS Eastern Regional ... two of their top players ended up at NYCFC

Your best bet may be to look or stay there. If not I would consider Everton.

Comment

Stamford Youth soccer is really good. Not from Stamford myself but I recall that They had a U12 team last year reach the finals of USYS Eastern Regional ... two of their top players ended up at NYCFC

Your best bet may be to look or stay there. If not I would consider Everton.
                      Thanks SYS for that endorsement. That is more a function of talent that shows up, not because of the quality of a program. NYSC is a much better option than that.

Comment

simple if you really care "actually improving skills" look who supports futsal and who does not should give you a little insight.

Mickey Kydes (BS) hates futsal thinks it's not only a waste of time but claims it harms players (truth is can't make money from it and conflicts with playing on boarded fields all winter which is his bread and butter).

NYSC has the best club based futsal program around and will only get better with their new facility. Club teams do futsal training as part of their curriculum and those who want more and interested in futsal tournaments can do their in house supplemental futsal program.

ps not what your asking but if looking for true individual training in a group setting look up NY Brazilian soccer schools. If your willing to drive well worth your time as supplemental program. Not really full futsal but trainer uses futsal as a tool for skill development but the best around.

Revolution is also very good at the younger ages small niche club out Fairfield but some of the coaches there are very good.

Comment

Thanks SYS for that endorsement. That is more a function of talent that shows up, not because of the quality of a program. NYSC is a much better option than that.
                          Guess you didn’t see the part that I wasn’t from Stanford or the Everton referral

Younger kid plays against Stanford and they are good at the younger ages.

Comment

Guess you didn’t see the part that I wasn’t from Stanford or the Everton referral

Younger kid plays against Stanford and they are good at the younger ages.
                            Your player is at an age where he should move up the ladder of that is what he wants and has the skills. Town soccer flat lines around u12/u13

Comment

Your player is at an age where he should move up the ladder of that is what he wants and has the skills. Town soccer flat lines around u12/u13
                              Except he’s not U12

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X