Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only sport where college scout are coming to watch you play in HS is football.

Baseball and baseketball are completely driven by clubs in terms of recruiting. HS baseball and basketball is not where you are recruited at all.

Baseball has summer showcase tournament circuit. College coaches ONLY scout those or their own camps. Typically cost is between 2-5k for a full summer worth if tournaments and travel.

Basketball again is completely driven by the AAU teams and large national style tournaments
    Located all over the country. California, Vegas, Orlando, Indy. Again big travel $$$ unless you are so good that your on a sponsored team that picks up all expenses....think Nike, AU, Adidas teams.
    What are you talking about? I see MLB scouts at high school baseball games regularly.

Slade Cecconi, a kid hitting 90 on the gun in Winter Park garners a ton of scouts from the Yankees, Redsox, Cubs, Dodgers, etc.

Kid at Plant, Connor Scott, has tons of MLB scouts at every game. College scouts are there as well like Miami, Florida, FSU, etc.

When does American club soccer ever have the equivalent of the Yankees or Redsox or Gators or Seminoles show up at the local high school field?

Show something to the MLB and College scouts when they are looking at the big fish, and those scouts will love to land that diamond in the rough.

Comment

What are you talking about? I see MLB scouts at high school baseball games regularly.

Slade Cecconi, a kid hitting 90 on the gun in Winter Park garners a ton of scouts from the Yankees, Redsox, Cubs, Dodgers, etc.

Kid at Plant, Connor Scott, has tons of MLB scouts at every game. College scouts are there as well like Miami, Florida, FSU, etc.

When does American club soccer ever have the equivalent of the Yankees or Redsox or Gators or Seminoles show up at the local high school field?

Show something to the MLB and College scouts when they are looking at the big fish, and those scouts will love to land that diamond in the rough.
      Soccer is much more difficult sport to the be a top player than baseball. The top soccer players are playing professionally by the time they are juniors and seniors in high school.

Comment

They sure do. Weston's fees does not include tournaments and or travel.
        But you get access to those beautiful fields at Vista Park!!!

Comment

Our HS has a top basketball program. College coaches are there frequently. One of my kids runs track and there are college coaches there often as well. Soccer? Virtually never and the few that have been by are from a local low level school coming to see a specific player. That's it.

Comment

Soccer is much more difficult sport to the be a top player than baseball. The top soccer players are playing professionally by the time they are juniors and seniors in high school.
            What are you talking about?

No Junior or Senior in High School could ever play in the Show today.

Because of that undisputed fact, baseball is much more difficult than soccer.

Please show me the amazing 13 year old on the Yankees or Redsox club.

Please show me the 16/17 year old playing for the Yankees against the Redsox today like Messi was doing with Barcelona.

19 is the youngest age for the Show today. That’s a legal adult in the USA.

I won’t hold my breath.

Comment

What are you talking about?

No Junior or Senior in High School could ever play in the Show today.

Because of that undisputed fact, baseball is much more difficult than soccer.

Please show me the amazing 13 year old on the Yankees or Redsox club.

Please show me the 16/17 year old playing for the Yankees against the Redsox today like Messi was doing with Barcelona.

19 is the youngest age for the Show today. That’s a legal adult in the USA.

I won’t hold my breath.

Baseball is so boring , please go on talking-baseball to mock us non baseball fans on how un intelligent we are because baseball is like chess , let us dumblings keep rambling on about commie ball

Comment

Baseball is so boring , please go on talking-baseball to mock us non baseball fans on how un intelligent we are because baseball is like chess , let us dumblings keep rambling on about commie ball
                You can’t deal with reality.

Culturally, in America, soccer is viewed as boring.

Giancarlo Stanton is a $300 million man for the Yankees.

Bryce Harper will get more than that next year.

Aaron Judge, Kris Bryant, Jose Altuve, etc.

Christian Pulisic is the only US soccer player that is worth that. And he does that in a foreign land.

Kaka, washed up and over the hill, is the highest paid player on US soil at 1/5th the price.

Baseball is more $$$ entertaining $$$$ in the US than soccer.

Now, do try to keep up.

The person who I responded to said that the only sport in America that college scouts show up to is football.

This person drew a false equivalency between soccer and every other non football sport in regards to being scouted. Meaning you have to pay to be scouted. That is a lie.

Using an Orlando area kid and a Tampa area kid who have MLB and college scouts at every high school game they play in FHSAA Competition proves that statement to be false.

Got it?

Comment

You can’t deal with reality.

Culturally, in America, soccer is viewed as boring.

Giancarlo Stanton is a $300 million man for the Yankees.

Bryce Harper will get more than that next year.

Aaron Judge, Kris Bryant, Jose Altuve, etc.

Christian Pulisic is the only US soccer player that is worth that. And he does that in a foreign land.

Kaka, washed up and over the hill, is the highest paid player on US soil at 1/5th the price.

Baseball is more $$$ entertaining $$$$ in the US than soccer.

Now, do try to keep up.

The person who I responded to said that the only sport in America that college scouts show up to is football.

This person drew a false equivalency between soccer and every other non football sport in regards to being scouted. Meaning you have to pay to be scouted. That is a lie.

Using an Orlando area kid and a Tampa area kid who have MLB and college scouts at every high school game they play in FHSAA Competition proves that statement to be false.

Got it?
                  I agree with your point about baseball being scouted locally. Disagree with anyone that thinks that baseball is even remotely exciting. good lord most boring sport ever created.

Soccer gives you 90 minutes of action. cant see how anyone finds it boring, but i understand in the USA it is an acquired taste.

Comment

I used to love baseball when I was a kid, then started following soccer when MLS first started, now I can't make it through two innings of a game. I have not watched a regular season baseball game in years and I will watch a little more of a playoff or world series game, but not much. My love for soccer has grown more and more, all the time. I watch as much soccer as I possibly can. It is so much more entertaining, athletic and skillful than baseball, it is not even close. Having said that, I know people that absolutely love baseball and hate soccer. To each his own, but I will tell you that the demographic is trending towards soccer more and more each year. Soccer in the US, with the league and lower leagues expanding, it is poised to be much bigger than baseball in the not to distant future and I can't wait. I would make a suggestion for baseball that they need to cut the amount of regular season games in half and they need to work on a way to speed the game up by at least %20.

Comment

Did I say that there would be no MLB scouts at HS baseball games? I said nothing about MLB scouts. I understand the subject that I'm describing very well, trust me. If there is a real prospect on your team you are very likely to see pro scouts there....they have nothing at all to do with college recruiting. Unfortunately, for most baseball players the likely hood of having a pro scout show up to watch THEM at a game is even less than the likely hood of being recruited for D1 baseball.

No, I said that colleges coaches recruit almost exclusively from summer college showcase tournaments and their own camps. This is fact. They are not attending HS baseball games to scout for players. They can't. They are coaching thier own teams. Facts. Now...there might be some "bird dog" that has a very loose affiliation with a college at a HS game, but they aren't likely a coach or paid by the university as a coach because the NCAA has very strict policy's regarding numbers of coaches and during the HS baseball season the actual baseball coaches are....coaching there teams. MAYBE...an actual coache form the team will show up to recruit / scout a player they already have an existing relationship with, but this is rare.

So, anyone that says a college coach from "where ever" is at every game doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

Baseball players are scouted for college and recruited primarily at summer club baseball.

Comment

I agree with your point about baseball being scouted locally. Disagree with anyone that thinks that baseball is even remotely exciting. good lord most boring sport ever created.

Soccer gives you 90 minutes of action. cant see how anyone finds it boring, but i understand in the USA it is an acquired taste.
                        I love soccer.

I love baseball.

I find both of them exciting.

Unfortunately, vastly more Americans view soccer as boring when compared to baseball.

That’s just the facts about the sports excitement opinions in America.

Until US Soccer can find a scouting equivalency to that of baseball.

No amount of politics and money can replace the sound that the ball makes off of a future major leaguers bat vs his peers or the speed on the radar gun vs his peers.

I have numerous friends in various aspects of MLB, and those two measurable things are the holy grails for hitting and pitching.

US soccers system is politically and money driven.

As you can tell, I’m a Yankees fan.

Find me the soccer equivalent story of Brett Gardner with a US player. Any Gender.

Gardner wasn’t scouted in high school, didn’t play travel ball ever because his family was working class and couldn’t afford it, only playing high school and local rec leagues.

He walked on to his college team, played, earned a scholarship, got drafted, played and starred for the Tigers and struck it big with the Yankees in his paycheck and World Series Ring.

Until that story can be replicated in soccer, soccer unfortunately will always be looked upon as the sport for the elites and haves in the USA.

How has the sport for the masses in the world become only for the wealthy in America?

Comment

Did I say that there would be no MLB scouts at HS baseball games? I said nothing about MLB scouts. I understand the subject that I'm describing very well, trust me. If there is a real prospect on your team you are very likely to see pro scouts there....they have nothing at all to do with college recruiting. Unfortunately, for most baseball players the likely hood of having a pro scout show up to watch THEM at a game is even less than the likely hood of being recruited for D1 baseball.

No, I said that colleges coaches recruit almost exclusively from summer college showcase tournaments and their own camps. This is fact. They are not attending HS baseball games to scout for players. They can't. They are coaching thier own teams. Facts. Now...there might be some "bird dog" that has a very loose affiliation with a college at a HS game, but they aren't likely a coach or paid by the university as a coach because the NCAA has very strict policy's regarding numbers of coaches and during the HS baseball season the actual baseball coaches are....coaching there teams. MAYBE...an actual coache form the team will show up to recruit / scout a player they already have an existing relationship with, but this is rare.

So, anyone that says a college coach from "where ever" is at every game doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

Baseball players are scouted for college and recruited primarily at summer club baseball.
                          Well considering I was at the FHSAA Saladino Tournament this month and scouts from numerous MLB teams and colleges were there for every game, including the big three in Florida, I don’t think you know anything when it comes to baseball. They were all over multiple news outlets and social media in the baseball world. I think you’re VERY ignorant when it comes to the world of baseball.

Comment

I used to love baseball when I was a kid, then started following soccer when MLS first started, now I can't make it through two innings of a game. I have not watched a regular season baseball game in years and I will watch a little more of a playoff or world series game, but not much. My love for soccer has grown more and more, all the time. I watch as much soccer as I possibly can. It is so much more entertaining, athletic and skillful than baseball, it is not even close. Having said that, I know people that absolutely love baseball and hate soccer. To each his own, but I will tell you that the demographic is trending towards soccer more and more each year. Soccer in the US, with the league and lower leagues expanding, it is poised to be much bigger than baseball in the not to distant future and I can't wait. I would make a suggestion for baseball that they need to cut the amount of regular season games in half and they need to work on a way to speed the game up by at least %20.
                            What you said has been prophesied since I was a kid 40 years ago.

Demographics have greatly changed in my lifetime, but soccer has not in regards to popularity in the US.

Just as an example.

The awful, horrible MLB team, the Florida Marlins, sold for 1.2 BILLION DOLLARS recently.

The Seattle Sounders, the number 1 MLS franchise, are valued at $200+ Million by Forbes. That’s valuation only. We don’t know if they are really worth that.

Sorry, but MLS has a long way to go.

Comment

Well considering I was at the FHSAA Saladino Tournament this month and scouts from numerous MLB teams and colleges were there for every game, including the big three in Florida, I don’t think you know anything when it comes to baseball. They were all over multiple news outlets and social media in the baseball world. I think you’re VERY ignorant when it comes to the world of baseball.
                              college scouts? tell me about them please

Comment

college scouts? tell me about them please
                                Well, for starters, the University of Tampa Head Coach was at the Saladino Tournament where some of the games took place at his University’s stadium.

Coach Urso was seen with numerous MLB scouts and fellow competing college recruiters (yes, they are friends even though they compete against each other) at the Saladino Tournament.

Also, NY Yankee’s scouts were at the Sickle game scouting players during the tournament, heard the story of the young cancer survivor on the team and had him throw out the first pitch at Legends Field Spring Training Game yesterday where Judge and Giancarlo were playing and giving the young man props.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X