Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    tell them to go sit and spin. The club has their player card which means that the kid cannot play for another club from Fall to end of Spring, but they can supplement the training anywhere they want during that period, and during the summer they can do whatever you GD please. Those effers don't even need to know what you're doing outside of club, eff them.
    One would think! We are talking Summer training here! The coach found out about his players participation in outside supplemental programs and even held a parent meeting to show his dissatisfaction. A few families felt threatened by his tone and the way things were addressed.

Comment

One would think! We are talking Summer training here! The coach found out about his players participation in outside supplemental programs and even held a parent meeting to show his dissatisfaction. A few families felt threatened by his tone and the way things were addressed.
      time for a new club then.

Comment

My daughter plays for a CFC branch and her coach has clearly stated that his players are forbidden and must refrain from using outside (supplemental) training services during the off season. The company we have been using for the past couple of years is not a club, which means they present no conflict whatsoever. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Is this even legal and/or moral? What should we do? We are really torn by all this as her off season experience with this outside group has had a great impact on her development.
        "little man's syndrome" ... trying to avoid comparison to his mediocre work.

Comment

"little man's syndrome" ... trying to avoid comparison to his mediocre work.
          that was my thought too. Years ago we had a coach pull that crap with my older son's team. Everyone just kept doing what they were already doing with other training, they just did it more quietly.

Comment

that was my thought too. Years ago we had a coach pull that crap with my older son's team. Everyone just kept doing what they were already doing with other training, they just did it more quietly.
            That or they want to get you to train with them privately. In fairness they do make cra* $ but never, ever do training with your team coach or even any other coach in the club if at all possible. More importantly, if you feel the need to do supplemental training ask yourself why?

Comment

My daughter plays for a CFC branch and her coach has clearly stated that his players are forbidden and must refrain from using outside (supplemental) training services during the off season. The company we have been using for the past couple of years is not a club, which means they present no conflict whatsoever. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Is this even legal and/or moral? What should we do? We are really torn by all this as her off season experience with this outside group has had a great impact on her development.
              I am sure the people doing her privates coach for a club, which is probably a better option than CFC. What are you waiting for to make the move? At least you know what kind of training your daughter will be getting...

Comment

I am sure the people doing her privates coach for a club, which is probably a better option than CFC. What are you waiting for to make the move? At least you know what kind of training your daughter will be getting...
                Yes, I’m sure that’s it! Tell us Sherlock, which club do you suspect the people doing her privates are from?

Comment

Yes, I’m sure that’s it! Tell us Sherlock, which club do you suspect the people doing her privates are from?
                  Obviously NOT CFC

Comment

when they are young the more eyeballs the better- every coach has a different take and focuses on something different
                    they are sponges, get everything you can (camps, clinics,privates) and they will develop. they will also get known to their peers and to other coaches.

Comment

I call bullshyte. What branch?
                      I bet it is the South/Arsenal branch! Their coaches also run summer training so they want sole ownership of players year round!

Comment

I bet it is the South/Arsenal branch! Their coaches also run summer training so they want sole ownership of players year round!
                        never let your kid be coached solely by one coach- even if you love your coach and he stays for multiple years (if good there is no harm in that) go play summer somewhere else, go do winter training somewhere else

Comment

when they are young the more eyeballs the better- every coach has a different take and focuses on something different
                          they are sponges, get everything you can (camps, clinics,privates) and they will develop. they will also get known to their peers and to other coaches.
                          great advice. Anyone that does year round with the same club (at least in CT) is just stupid.

Comment

never let your kid be coached solely by one coach- even if you love your coach and he stays for multiple years (if good there is no harm in that) go play summer somewhere else, go do winter training somewhere else
                            The decent clubs will switch out your coaches every two years.

Comment

Legal or moral? Listen up, what your wife does behind OW's snack shack well might be both as well as a crime against humanity.

Comment

The decent clubs will switch out your coaches every two years.
                                as long as the coach is good i have no problem with them staying longer, how many times have you heard horror stories based on change for change sake
                                but your kid needs to be exposed to new situations and people so that she doesnt get stale

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X