Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought only the top 8 teams were seeded in the second round. Everyone is randomly based on the draw, regardless if you had points or not.
    There was 20 seeded teams. The top 8 received the bye. That leaves 12 teams that should have been on top of each group then you can start back filling with teams who did not receive any seeded points.

Comment

There was 20 seeded teams. The top 8 received the bye. That leaves 12 teams that should have been on top of each group then you can start back filling with teams who did not receive any seeded points.
      You would think, but that is not mentioned anywhere in the rules of the competition. So FYSA did exactly what you would expect from a blind draw. They put all of the Round 1 teams together and randomly generated the matches. That technically is acceptable, but I can see how people may be frustrated by it.

Comment

I read this as only 8 teams will be seeded. Everyone else is random. They got rid of the extensive seeding because of the mess it created last year.

2018 US Youth Soccer Florida State Cup Seeding Structure
        A point system integrating league play within the USYS League structure will be used.
        FYSA will award 8 seeds for each age division in 2018. The 8 teams with the highest total points will be awarded seeds 1-
        8 respectively. All other teams will begin in round 1 of competition.

Comment

For 02 Boys they have changed the State Cup Round 2 matchups since when they were first posted.

This feels like they are manipulating the process to help out certain expected group winners!

Even if there was no mal intent, why can't things just be fixed ahead of time and left alone after the draw???? Why change it a couple days after the draw???

Comment

For 02 Boys they have changed the State Cup Round 2 matchups since when they were first posted.

This feels like they are manipulating the process to help out certain expected group winners!

Even if there was no mal intent, why can't things just be fixed ahead of time and left alone after the draw???? Why change it a couple days after the draw???
            As an example, it's better to be Wildcard #3 than a Group Winner in Round 2.

Here's why:
            Wildcard #3 plays the following teams: Ives Estates Black, Wildcard #4, and Wildcard #5.
            Group A#1 will play Weston Reserves, Group B#1, and Group C#1

What is the benefit of winning your group in Round 1 if you are going to play two other group winners and a seeded team??

Group winners need to be matched up against Two Wildcards and 1 Seeded team.

You are giving the advantage to teams that DIDN'T win their group in Round 1 if you match wildcards against wildcards!!!

Comment

As an example, it's better to be Wildcard #3 than a Group Winner in Round 2.

Here's why:
              Wildcard #3 plays the following teams: Ives Estates Black, Wildcard #4, and Wildcard #5.
              Group A#1 will play Weston Reserves, Group B#1, and Group C#1

What is the benefit of winning your group in Round 1 if you are going to play two other group winners and a seeded team??

Group winners need to be matched up against Two Wildcards and 1 Seeded team.

You are giving the advantage to teams that DIDN'T win their group in Round 1 if you match wildcards against wildcards!!!
              To further clarify,
              Here is one group of 4 in the 2nd round:
              Miramar
              Wildcard #9
              Wildcard #10
              Wildcard #11

Two will advance. So we are guaranteed to have one of the three worst teams from Round 1 in the Round of 16.

See the idiocy yet??!!!

Comment

To further clarify,
                Here is one group of 4 in the 2nd round:
                Miramar
                Wildcard #9
                Wildcard #10
                Wildcard #11

Two will advance. So we are guaranteed to have one of the three worst teams from Round 1 in the Round of 16.

See the idiocy yet??!!!
                Best way to do it would be make each of the groups of four in the Rd of 32 as follows:
                One of the 8 Seeded Teams
                One of 13 Group Winners
                One of the 11 WildCards
                The fourth spot would have to be either another group winner or wildcard team to fill out the bracket.

Any other way is ridiculous!

Comment

It seems FYSA is getting worse at this every year....

Comment

I think their intent was to put the three "Worst" teams against the #1 seeded team Miramar in the 2nd round... but with two teams advancing out of each group of 8 in the 2nd round, it doesn't work. Again, it GUARANTEES that one of the three lowest wildcard teams will advance to round of 16.

Unless they change it, everyone should try to target a wildcard slot. Win first two games and tank the third and pray you don't accidentally win your group.

Comment

Same problem exists in U14 boys and U16 boys.

Comment

State Cup has now become a after thought from the past years. Very few if any college representation and just another Bazooka type tournament.

Comment

FYSA....Groups that make ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!! Can you explain your thought process?

B16 ROUND 1: GROUP J #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP K #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP L #1
                          FLORIDA RUSH
                          02 RUSH I BOYS

B16 ROUND 1: GROUP G #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP H #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP I #1
                          ANBRY TEAM BOCA-SABR
                          2002 B

B16 ROUND 1: GROUP A #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP B #1
                          B16 ROUND 1: GROUP C #1
                          WESTON FC
                          U16 (2002) ACADEM

If I'm a team, I would try my best to end with Wildcard 1,2, 6,7,8.

Comment

Bollocks

If you are a contender for the title none of this matters. You take all comers with the confidence that you can win.

Comment

Comparable Teams

State Cup has now become a after thought from the past years. Very few if any college representation and just another Bazooka type tournament.
                              But the amount of teams signing up for it haven't varied that much over the years. Still a huge selling point for the clubs. "We have X amount of teams in State Cup", what they don't say is 90% of those teams get kicked out in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                                If you are a contender for the title none of this matters. You take all comers with the confidence that you can win.
                                But making it to the Round of 16 does matter! There are going to be some very undeserving teams make it into the Round of 16 and FSPL.

It is GUARANTEED for the 2002 Boys there will be at least one of the #30, #31 and #32 teams from Round 1 make it to the Round of 16. How does this make any sense?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X