Another national team call up for CFC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just confused; why doesn't CFC play teams like YU or FSA? I'd understand the ecnl team not playing, but why not the npl? I know my girls would like to play against some of their friends on other teams. No cynics here just an honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm just confused; why doesn't CFC play teams like YU or FSA? I'd understand the ecnl team not playing, but why not the npl? I know my girls would like to play against some of their friends on other teams. No cynics here just an honest question.
      CFC NPL plays FSA NPL in their league. Beyond that clubs have to weight the benefits of fitting a friendly into an already busy schedule vs the risks of losing to another club . CFC isn't alone in that avoidance.

Comment

CFC Arsenal/Pre ECNL 06 girls played the FSA 06 girls 3 times in the Fall. One league game and 2 friendlies. Good games.

Comment

yankee would never agree to play a cfc ecnl team.

They dont want cfc to see any of their players and they dont want the players to see the team the few good yankee players they have could be playing on.

CFC would love to play yankee. It would be great marketing

Comment

CFC takes their teams to ECNL showcases (Florida). FSA plays Oakwood and YU. Enough said.
            What happened oakwood?

Team Name MP W L D GF GA Pts
            1) CONNECTICUT FC
            UNITED ECNL 3 3 0 0 11 2 29
            2) OAKWOOD SC 3 2 0 1 3 1 20
            3) NEFC BBA 2000 NPL 3 2 1 0 7 4 19
            4) TEAM BOCA
            2000 GIRLS WHITE 3 2 1 0 5 4 17
            5) GPS FLORIDA WEST 00 3 2 1 0 5 5 17
            6) GREENSBORO UNITED SA
            00 NAV 3 2 1 0 3 2 16
            7) SPACE COAST UNITED 00G 3 1 1 1 3 2 13
            8) PDA SOUTH
            PRIDE NPL 00 3 1 2 0 7 8 12
            9) KEYSTONE FC
            PREMIER 00G 3 1 2 0 5 7 12
            10) LAKE NORMAN SC
            00 ECLIPSE E 3 1 2 0 1 3 8
            11) ARLINGTON SA 00G RED 3 0 3 0 2 10 2
            12) 1776 UNITED FC

Comment

What happened oakwood?

1) CONNECTICUT FC
              4) TEAM BOCA
              6) GREENSBORO UNITED SA
              00 NAV 3 2 1 0 3 2 16
              8) PDA SOUTH
              9) KEYSTONE FC
              10) LAKE NORMAN SC
              12) 1776 UNITED FC
              That's our NPL team.... You heard about the FSA beat down. Back off CFC, this isn't the Jeff Cup teams you played. Love to watch our DA teams torch this squad!

Comment

What happened oakwood?

1) CONNECTICUT FC
                4) TEAM BOCA
                6) GREENSBORO UNITED SA
                00 NAV 3 2 1 0 3 2 16
                8) PDA SOUTH
                9) KEYSTONE FC
                10) LAKE NORMAN SC
                12) 1776 UNITED FC
                So your top team did slightly better than oakwoods B team and you’re on TS bragging?

Comment

Was that Oakwood's top squad? I thought NPL was there top squad

Comment

So your top team did slightly better than oakwoods B team and you’re on TS bragging?
                    Unbelievable! You're bragging about just squeaking by our NPL team.
                    Woo Hoo CFC! Idiots... love our GDA to take these clowns to the woodshed.

Comment

Slightly better?

- Went undefeated.
                      - Beat OW by 9 points.
                      - Scored 8 more goals
                      - 7 goal differential

Second place is first loser OW

Comment

Slightly better? They outscored Oakwood 11-3. The team was made up of mostly 01's and 02's. Let alone the college commitment list at both these age groups is already destroying Oakwood. More Kool Aid please.

Comment

Slightly better? They outscored Oakwood 11-3. The team was made up of mostly 01's and 02's. Let alone the college commitment list at both these age groups is already destroying Oakwood. More Kool Aid please.
                          Our 01/02 GDA team would do much bette vs the same teams. I'll admit that CFC would show better vs us than FSA but it would still end in a lopsided loss for CFC.

Comment

The Oakwood 01/02 team would not beat CFC's 02 team never mind a combined age grouping. You seriously don't go watch other teams play soccer in CT. Get out a little more and watch some of the competition. Oakwood is good at those ages but they are -2 vs. the 2002 team and a -4 if they combined it.

Comment

The Oakwood 01/02 team would not beat CFC's 02 team never mind a combined age grouping. You seriously don't go watch other teams play soccer in CT. Get out a little more and watch some of the competition. Oakwood is good at those ages but they are -2 vs. the 2002 team and a -4 if they combined it.
                              CFC dreamers

Comment

Our 01/02 GDA team would do much bette vs the same teams. I'll admit that CFC would show better vs us than FSA but it would still end in a lopsided loss for CFC.
                                First of all give the NPL crew some respect for a great weekend. There are kids on that NPL team (both for that matter) that can step in and take your kids' coveted academy spot by the close of business tomorrow. You know and I know it.

Second, the end game here is college soccer. I can't help but think that this is Matt Cameron or the joke parents that wear Oakwood gear. Go on Top Drawer soccer and look where grads from 2018, 2019 and 2020 are committed. I'd be the first one to say that FSA is crap but CFC is putting double digits into D1 year in and year out. How can you in good faith claim superiority?

Lastly, shut the hell up. Your kid isn't that good

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X