X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi!

Congratulations on making the DA team! It sounds very competitive..

I wonder if you have any follow-up on what happened with Barca?
    Did you get a scholarship? How much?
    Did you decide to take him there...?
    My son and a buddy are out there this weekend. Both 02”s and previous DA players. Looks and sounds very appealing and I’m interested in finding out a lot more after they return Sunday.

Comment

Hi!

We have not decided. Partial Scholarship was offered leaving roughly 28k. Initially sounded like a lot but more we have thought about offer we realize not as bad as it sounds. It covers my sons prep school education, all food and board, travel costs which include multiple airline trips and Hotel stays as most away games are in California, training, uniforms, etc. Not for everyone, and might not be for us but definitely a attractive option for a serious player. U17 team is super competitive with several NT players on roster and will make the playoffs and the 01 team next year should be even stronger they said.

Comment

Hi!

Did you also attend a tryout?

Comment

Did you also attend a tryout?
          Yes, my 04 made Academy, awaiting scholarship at this time, he was very impressed with coaches quality and facility overall. My wife and I spoke with school Director, very pleased to hear Academics are very important to them, to the point if players don’t do well in school they don’t play. I also like they also emphasize the youngster’s personal development...

I also feel this is probably the best kept secret, and their teams will excel next season, once they settle down and get more tryouts to improve certain positions...

Will visit soon if financials make sense... Hope to see you there!

Comment

Yes, my 04 made Academy, awaiting scholarship at this time, he was very impressed with coaches quality and facility overall. My wife and I spoke with school Director, very pleased to hear Academics are very important to them, to the point if players don’t do well in school they don’t play. I also like they also emphasize the youngster’s personal development...

I also feel this is probably the best kept secret, and their teams will excel next season, once they settle down and get more tryouts to improve certain positions...

Barca U15/16 and U18/19 both poised to make DA playoffs this year.

Comment

My son is there this weekend!!

Comment

My son is there this weekend!!
                What year is he.? They have tryouts this weekend?

Comment

Barca U15/16 and U18/19 both poised to make DA playoffs this year.
                  I think you mean U16-17 and U 18-19, their U15 Team is in position 7 out of 11, and U15 doesn’t have playoffs

Comment

What year is he.? They have tryouts this weekend?
                    04-00 tryouts this weekend.

Comment

Why?

Why would you leave south Florida soccer. It’s a hot bed of talent and untapped talent you have Orlando mls affiliated da, Weston fc Da which is no joke they are producing players. There players are constantly getting called into national team camps, and get good exposure. The miami mls team will get going in a couple years, and people are talking about sending there kids to Barca in casa grande at heavy cost. I will tell you my kid just trained with Barca in Barcelona and let’s make something clear as good as he is there are 3-4 players tht were on a whole other level and after talking to allot of Barca personnel they said none of them would make the first team. Barca is a model marketing machine that are sucking American patents dry. Now other European clubs see what they are doing and following the model. Going to Europe made me and my son realize one thing you are up against all odds, domestically we can’t re create the environment. Never will happen in this country. If you have an EU passport get out at 15. 18 fifa rules. You are better off saving your money than dumping 50k into the Barca academy casa grande pipe dream. It’s designed to take your money, and fill your kids head with a dream. Until they level the playing fiield get rid of the pay to play format you will never really know if your training w the best. Sure you can ship your kid off to Dallas fc have him live away from home but if there not paying for all of it and I mean all of it why are you doing it. You watch out S Florida aoccer scene will be discovered in short order with the arrival of Beckham and the staff they put together. It’s all right there in your backyard trust me

Comment

Why would you leave south Florida soccer. It’s a hot bed of talent and untapped talent you have Orlando mls affiliated da, Weston fc Da which is no joke they are producing players. There players are constantly getting called into national team camps, and get good exposure. The miami mls team will get going in a couple years, and people are talking about sending there kids to Barca in casa grande at heavy cost. I will tell you my kid just trained with Barca in Barcelona and let’s make something clear as good as he is there are 3-4 players tht were on a whole other level and after talking to allot of Barca personnel they said none of them would make the first team. Barca is a model marketing machine that are sucking American patents dry. Now other European clubs see what they are doing and following the model. Going to Europe made me and my son realize one thing you are up against all odds, domestically we can’t re create the environment. Never will happen in this country. If you have an EU passport get out at 15. 18 fifa rules. You are better off saving your money than dumping 50k into the Barca academy casa grande pipe dream. It’s designed to take your money, and fill your kids head with a dream. Until they level the playing fiield get rid of the pay to play format you will never really know if your training w the best. Sure you can ship your kid off to Dallas fc have him live away from home but if there not paying for all of it and I mean all of it why are you doing it. You watch out S Florida aoccer scene will be discovered in short order with the arrival of Beckham and the staff they put together. It’s all right there in your backyard trust me
                        I am one whose son also tried out in Arizona. Believe me the Barca name had absolutely nothing to do with it nor do they promote anything about ever playing in Spain. It is more a affiliation with some real Barca coaches teaching playing style and ideas in a great training environment. We are not within doable driving distance to a good Florida da and take things one year at a time. If Barca offer comes in very good, it will be a decent option for intense training in a good environment while also having convenience of a school on campus. If we find something better the following year, so be it. I do agree the new Academy that will open up in Miami has the opportunity to be top notch. But as of right now the Academy in Arizona is pulling in some very good players, including national team kids all training in a real soccer environment. Nothing wrong with that for the moment. By the way, I am curious how old your son is and where does he play and how was he scouted to get an opportunity to train in Spain?

Comment

I am one whose son also tried out in Arizona. Believe me the Barca name had absolutely nothing to do with it nor do they promote anything about ever playing in Spain. It is more a affiliation with some real Barca coaches teaching playing style and ideas in a great training environment. We are not within doable driving distance to a good Florida da and take things one year at a time. If Barca offer comes in very good, it will be a decent option for intense training in a good environment while also having convenience of a school on campus. If we find something better the following year, so be it. I do agree the new Academy that will open up in Miami has the opportunity to be top notch. But as of right now the Academy in Arizona is pulling in some very good players, including national team kids all training in a real soccer environment. Nothing wrong with that for the moment. By the way, I am curious how old your son is and where does he play and how was he scouted to get an opportunity to train in Spain?
                          My boy is 13 he is from Canada, there are so many training opportunities as example by former European players that live in cities like Vancouver and toronto. The coach giving the training sessions was connected to the club. I love Americans you are all so competitive all trying to out do each other at the parent level. All about the money 24-7, and you all fail to live life. I am very familiar with the USA soccer scene there are incredible opportunities everywhere. Of course Arizona is pulling in good players parents believe they will buy there way in for there kid, I get it you want to give your kid a chance to be seen. I personally don’t buy into it, the cost in Spain is free if you are selected. The cost of living there is 40 percent less to live that’s than the USA. Plus post secondary education is free as is health care. If you have access to an EU passport I would go that route. Do you have European ancestry?

I suggest you this because I can see you are passionate about helping your boy. Get your boy to Europe in the summer and spring break train with European club big or small and see what’s going on. It can’t be that difficult your pay to play coaches must have a connection at some level, that’s why your paying them right? In Canada this is how it is, since 8 my boy has trained with QPR, ac Milan, recently crystal palace and Barca. We didn’t pay anybody infacr the teams provided an apartment we could stay in.

You need help from those coaches you pay or director of the club somebody must be willing to help. I would do it for you but iam just a father enjoying things and supporting. I guess my point is don’t be another American getting ripped off by the system.

Comment

My boy is 13 he is from Canada, there are so many training opportunities as example by former European players that live in cities like Vancouver and toronto. The coach giving the training sessions was connected to the club. I love Americans you are all so competitive all trying to out do each other at the parent level. All about the money 24-7, and you all fail to live life. I am very familiar with the USA soccer scene there are incredible opportunities everywhere. Of course Arizona is pulling in good players parents believe they will buy there way in for there kid, I get it you want to give your kid a chance to be seen. I personally don’t buy into it, the cost in Spain is free if you are selected. The cost of living there is 40 percent less to live that’s than the USA. Plus post secondary education is free as is health care. If you have access to an EU passport I would go that route. Do you have European ancestry?

I suggest you this because I can see you are passionate about helping your boy. Get your boy to Europe in the summer and spring break train with European club big or small and see what’s going on. It can’t be that difficult your pay to play coaches must have a connection at some level, that’s why your paying them right? In Canada this is how it is, since 8 my boy has trained with QPR, ac Milan, recently crystal palace and Barca. We didn’t pay anybody infacr the teams provided an apartment we could stay in.

You need help from those coaches you pay or director of the club somebody must be willing to help. I would do it for you but iam just a father enjoying things and supporting. I guess my point is don’t be another American getting ripped off by the system.
                            Most of what you suggest is not available to the average parent.

Comment

your Not average!!your mindset is though. Think big this has nothing to do with money. You Americans are so brainwashed. If your paying for opportunities for your kid you’ve got it all wrong.

Comment

bro you are not canadian your luck of center or south America you know that in Europe there is too much talent African to chose vanidian kid please

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X