What’s going on at URI womens soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes heard that, so things are really that bad. I can’t see why the A.D hasn’t made an effort to try and correct things. I wonder how many other girls are gonna jump ship soon before fall comes. Guess it’s still a mystery on the famous player coming in. M.J willing to give this girl a full ride but no offering any more money to girls already on team. What’s wrong with that picture? Has anyone heard if G.C is really leaving? Hope so , he is way too into himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes heard that, so things are really that bad. I can’t see why the A.D hasn’t made an effort to try and correct things. I wonder how many other girls are gonna jump ship soon before fall comes. Guess it’s still a mystery on the famous player coming in. M.J willing to give this girl a full ride but no offering any more money to girls already on team. What’s wrong with that picture? Has anyone heard if G.C is really leaving? Hope so , he is way too into himself!
      Team sucks....why should the players who are on the team get more money? They should be running off the players that aren't performing and bring in who the new coach has recruited. Need to let her coach her recruits for a couple of years.

Comment

Unfortunately they are running off the better players instead of trying to keep them. I hope RI stud player is as good as they say she is but I doubt it , most of RI players on team are mediocre at best

Comment

Yes I AGree!! It’s sad, I wonder if they are going to hire another assistant coach to replace M.K.? That’s a shame because he was a great guy and a great coach, he know a lot, but the two others would not include him. I don’t know why? Anyone know where he went?

Comment

Team sucks....why should the players who are on the team get more money? They should be running off the players that aren't performing and bring in who the new coach has recruited. Need to let her coach her recruits for a couple of years.
            They should never take money away from players on the team, whether they suck or not. These are students, not professional athletes. Commitments should be honored, and in change of coaches are the university's issues that should not adversely impact scholarships that are in place.

Comment

How is it though that the girl that has a full paid tuition hardly played the first 6 games and sat on the bench? The girls that try the hardest and give their fullest effort all the time get the short end of the stick? Heard the stud player that was supposed to come here backed out today.

Comment

Gonna Take Time

I love soccer parents. So I’m familiar with team as a former one of you people. Here is the deal. While I cannot confirm this for sure MN saw writing on wall and bailed early before his final season started for sure - his kids were hitting school age and he really messed up recruiting after the class that just graduated. He phoned it in his last season but team played with heart and made A10 only to have him coach the game like he had to run to Ohio the next day. Kids that remained for last season were ok but the replacements for the lost kids from prior year weren’t there. Couple that with lack of development of SO and Jr’s and you get what you got. A team that was almost good but never worked hard enough or were coached well enough to move forward. New coach inherited a mess as recruitment pipeline was terrible and you have a hard time getting top out of state talent to come in. RI just doesn’t have enough good players to feed a D1 team. MN and staff were a mess not sure about chemistry of last years team, but I assume it was not good. MJ will recruit and develop but it will take time for sure - last year was on MN. This year begins MJ.

Comment

Yes as you stated, this team lacks the drive to work hard. The players just are not aggressive enough and are lazy on the field. Last season MJ was here and lacked coaching skills as well asG.K did. It was a mess to say the least! I can assure that the girls will tell you of the lack of respect everyone showed M.O and as a result he got smart and left. The juniors and seniors lacked respect for their coaches as well. I hope the team moves forward cause they can’t move anymore backwards!

Comment

They should never take money away from players on the team, whether they suck or not. These are students, not professional athletes. Commitments should be honored, and in change of coaches are the university's issues that should not adversely impact scholarships that are in place.
                    Most scholarships are year to year. If your not performing your money will get cut to bring in others who will. You are essentially being paid to play soccer in exchange for an education. If your not living up to your end whether it's lack of talent or lack of drive it's time to go.

Comment

The only transfer I heard --so far-- was a girl going to UNH at the semester break?

Comment

Heard the other one went to PC at the break and another leaving after spring

Comment

Yes both are true. Sorry to see them leave us.

Comment

Most scholarships are year to year. If your not performing your money will get cut to bring in others who will. You are essentially being paid to play soccer in exchange for an education. If your not living up to your end whether it's lack of talent or lack of drive it's time to go.
                            I can't believe that's the case at all institutions of higher education. There has to be more rights for student athletes than one year contracts. I would never have my kids commit to a school of URI's caliber if the scholarship could be revoke on a coaches decisions.

Comment

These girls did not leave because they lost scholarships , they left to go to better programs.

Comment

These girls did not leave because they lost scholarships , they left to go to better programs.
                                These girls left the chaos behind and at least one case took significantly less money then they had at uri. That's how bad the situation was.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X