Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As Crossfire and WUSC are connected (no Crossfire before 05's on the girls side, WUSC feeds into Crossfire), that can be considered 2 for that organization. Of course their top 04 boys team is in the DA and their older girls teams are in ECNL.
    Nope. Nice try.

WUSC also feeds into other clubs as well.

Comment

As Crossfire and WUSC are connected (no Crossfire before 05's on the girls side, WUSC feeds into Crossfire), that can be considered 2 for that organization. Of course their top 04 boys team is in the DA and their older girls teams are in ECNL.
      But wait, if that's the case how come no CU/CO 06 Girls for the coming year? It's odd since the 05 CU/CO girls are playing in the finals this weekend. Is this a change in structure or are the local rec/classic clubs LOSC/WUSC not on the same page about migrating to the CU/CO program when they become competitive? It's hard to follow with so many acronyms and so many lines blurred in this partnership. Liked it better when you knew the identity of a club, their actual club history and the type of coaches they attract. But, it's par these days across the many clubs. ughhh.

Comment

But wait, if that's the case how come no CU/CO 06 Girls for the coming year? It's odd since the 05 CU/CO girls are playing in the finals this weekend. Is this a change in structure or are the local rec/classic clubs LOSC/WUSC not on the same page about migrating to the CU/CO program when they become competitive? It's hard to follow with so many acronyms and so many lines blurred in this partnership. Liked it better when you knew the identity of a club, their actual club history and the type of coaches they attract. But, it's par these days across the many clubs. ughhh.
        Yup.
        Back in the day, the area south of Portland clubs that were popular for girls were Lake Oswego SC (LOSC or "LO"), Southside SC (SSC), Tigard/Tualatin/Sherwood (TTS), and to a lesser extent, Willamette United SC (WUSC). LO always had a strong rec program base to transition into classic teams. Southside began to lose quality players to LO, FC, and Westside. When TTS broke up, some players and teams gravitated to LO, while others went to Westside and FC. WUSC remained intact.

Comment

The folks at Crossfire wish that were so.

The problem with boys' soccer in that part of town is that most boys who are good athletes prefer football.
          LO used to have quite a few good boys' soccer teams.

Comment

Yup.
            Back in the day, the area south of Portland clubs that were popular for girls were Lake Oswego SC (LOSC or "LO"), Southside SC (SSC), Tigard/Tualatin/Sherwood (TTS), and to a lesser extent, Willamette United SC (WUSC). LO always had a strong rec program base to transition into classic teams. Southside began to lose quality players to LO, FC, and Westside. When TTS broke up, some players and teams gravitated to LO, while others went to Westside and FC. WUSC remained intact.
            Hard to break up an intact rec program, understood.

Comment

LO used to have quite a few good boys' soccer teams.
              LO, like many other clubs in Oregon have had the soul ripped out of them through poor leadership. An LO player will have no idea about team spirit, team rivalries and development. Too many avenues and ties with other clubs to build a foundation. If I was an LO parent I would not be happy with how the club is ran. I think the LO year round soccer program now has a rec mentality.

If these so called top clubs had a development plan, competent DOC's and coaches we would not be in this mess. US Soccer is also to blame. The BS with the DA is fooling the OR public. It's all a pile of poop. Why is Oregon soccer so poor?

Comment

Can someone tell me: out of the remaining 2006 teams, which group (if any) plays out of the back best?

Comment

Can someone tell me: out of the remaining 2006 teams, which group (if any) plays out of the back best?
                  Your kids team does.

Comment

LO, like many other clubs in Oregon have had the soul ripped out of them through poor leadership. An LO player will have no idea about team spirit, team rivalries and development. Too many avenues and ties with other clubs to build a foundation. If I was an LO parent I would not be happy with how the club is ran. I think the LO year round soccer program now has a rec mentality.

If these so called top clubs had a development plan, competent DOC's and coaches we would not be in this mess. US Soccer is also to blame. The BS with the DA is fooling the OR public. It's all a pile of poop. Why is Oregon soccer so poor?
                    When you have the same guy, coaching every team for the last 40 years, you have put all your eggs in his basket. My gut is Dom is tired and past his prime.

Comment

Finals results so far:

GU15: WT FC Red 3, HSC GPS 0
                      BU11: FC Portland Navy 2, PCU Red1 1
                      BU17: FC Portland Navy 4, PCU Red 0

Comment

Nope. Nice try.

WUSC also feeds into other clubs as well.
                        Oh really, do tell? I have a child at WUSC and another at Crossfire, and I am not aware of WUSC being a "feeder" for other clubs. Please enlighten me.

Comment

BU14: Eastside Timbers Red FRWL 2, WT Copa FWRL 0
                          GU12: Crossfire Oregon Blue 2, NEU PDX White 1

Comment

Oh really, do tell? I have a child at WUSC and another at Crossfire, and I am not aware of WUSC being a "feeder" for other clubs. Please enlighten me.
                            WUSC is a feeder club into Crossfire Oregon, along with Lake O, Clackamas, and Oregon City.

http://www.crossfireoregon.com/home.php?layout=364976

Comment

Finals results so far:

GU15: WT FC Red 3, HSC GPS 0
                              BU11: FC Portland Navy 2, PCU Red1 1
                              BU17: FC Portland Navy 4, PCU Red 0
                              That FCP U17 team scored 45 goals and allowed zero in 5 games in State Cup!

Comment

WUSC is a feeder club into Crossfire Oregon, along with Lake O, Clackamas, and Oregon City.

http://www.crossfireoregon.com/home.php?layout=364976
                                Sigh....I know all of this. The poster (was it you?)implied that WUSC is a a feeder club for anybody else besides Crossfire. To be clear, Oregon City and Clackamas are not really feeders for Crossfire any longer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X