Um, that's totally not kosher.
    Please explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Please explain why.
      No separation of dairy.

Comment

I am not familiar with the ins and outs of college athletic scholarships, but wouldn't it be in a college's best interest to give an athletically qualified player from a wealthy family a nominal scholarship that will encourage the player to attend? Once the NLI is signed, the parents can make a big donation if they choose to. Seems logical. Is it kosher?
        Except that a big, highly desired school like UCONN has its pick of the best players in the country and doesn't have to go into bidding wars for players. And as others have said because she moved late in the game the probably was no money left. Besides, a good coach is far more worried about his roster, not possible future donations to the school.

Comment

Except that a big, highly desired school like UCONN has its pick of the best players in the country and doesn't have to go into bidding wars for players. And as others have said because she moved late in the game the probably was no money left. Besides, a good coach is far more worried about his roster, not possible future donations to the school.
          UCONN women are NOT winning national championships and it is the primaryuniversity of one of the smallest states (as is mentioned here consistently, CT has a tough time competing against larger states because they simply have bigger populations and more talent). UCONN women's soccer certainly does NOT have the picks of the best players in the country. While they may be in the running for some top players, this is NOT their basketball program and it is not UCLA, Stanford, UNC, Duke, Florida Schools, AZ, ND, OH State, Michigan ..... Its competitive sports people!! For the kids and for the programs .... they are in stiff competition for the top players in the world against hundreds of other programs .... the more funded you are, the more players you can typically land. While rich families may be able to overlook the financials if they choose, they arent fools and I am sure that still comes into play when two strong soccer schools with strong academic reputations come in with vastly different offers .... while it might not be the biggest factor for these families, I think most still have it in their mind ..... you dont get to that level without some vanity and lots of pride ...... and a full boat is a nice thing for anyone.

Comment

Okay, Yankee hater, we get your false sense of indignation. The problem with getting this particular player a scholarship was that her family is blindingly wealthy. Just extremely wealthy, with zero chance of getting any kind of free ride, or near free ride, anywhere, period.

Nice problem to have, the issue does not affect the family whatsoever, and there was nothing YU, or anyone else, could have helped alleviate.

But keep up the hate, hopefully it kills you.
            This is actually not true either. She walked away from full tuition (max offer available) at Fordham last month. Yankee absolutely facilitated that as they did the 3 Yankee girls the year before this one. She turned down money to go to UConn.

Comment

This is actually not true either. She walked away from full tuition (max offer available) at Fordham last month. Yankee absolutely facilitated that as they did the 3 Yankee girls the year before this one. She turned down money to go to UConn.
              If true she must have had some pretty good reasons to swtich. Even if the family has money it's pretty tough to turn down that kind of dough.

Comment

Look forward to the Yankee thread every day

It is like TMZ or national inquirer in it's heyday. It is better then the Kardashians. The NLI"E" perpetrated by JN and MM is now a TS Classic. The whistleblower with a mouthful of sour grapes uncovering the fake NCAA National Letter of Intent was awesome. I have this image in my head of JN telling MM to run over to the printer and get the letter he just typed up so we can make this look as real as possible. The fact that they threw UCONN at the top instead of NCAA probably never crossed their minds while they were laughing at their genius.

Looking forward to the next scandal

Comment

It is like TMZ or national inquirer in it's heyday. It is better then the Kardashians. The NLI"E" perpetrated by JN and MM is now a TS Classic. The whistleblower with a mouthful of sour grapes uncovering the fake NCAA National Letter of Intent was awesome. I have this image in my head of JN telling MM to run over to the printer and get the letter he just typed up so we can make this look as real as possible. The fact that they threw UCONN at the top instead of NCAA probably never crossed their minds while they were laughing at their genius.

You need help

Comment

I saw WM throw a gum wrapper on the ground once. Call the cops

Comment

Yankee United F.C. is one of Connecticut’s oldest and most successful premier soccer clubs for young women. Over its history, YUFC teams have won 45 Connecticut State Championships, four Regional Championships and a National Championship. This tradition of excellence has resulted in YUFC teams producing 14 All-Americans, 36 All New England, and 190 players that have earned All-State Honors. Yankee players have been selected at the U-14, U-16, U-18, U-20, U-23 US National Team Player Pool, as well as, at the full US Women’s National Team level. Currently three former Yankee United F.C. Alumni are playing in the newly formed National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). Yankee United F.C. is singularly dedicated to the development and placement of our young female players into collegiate programs that match their aspirations and abilities.

Comment

Cfc scumbags

Comment

Yankee United F.C. is one of Connecticut’s oldest and most successful premier soccer clubs for young women. Over its history, YUFC teams have won 45 Connecticut State Championships, four Regional Championships and a National Championship. This tradition of excellence has resulted in YUFC teams producing 14 All-Americans, 36 All New England, and 190 players that have earned All-State Honors. Yankee players have been selected at the U-14, U-16, U-18, U-20, U-23 US National Team Player Pool, as well as, at the full US Women’s National Team level. Currently three former Yankee United F.C. Alumni are playing in the newly formed National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). Yankee United F.C. is singularly dedicated to the development and placement of our young female players into collegiate programs that match their aspirations and abilities.
                          Losers

Comment

YU 13s beat cfc wolves 1-0 today.

YU 14s tie cfc wolves 0-0 this evening.

Comment

0-0

YU 13s beat cfc wolves 1-0 today.

YU 14s tie cfc wolves 0-0 this evening.
                              I thought Yankee had great forwards? Were Cfc wolves just great defenders?

Comment

Can someone tell me if Yankee is so depleted and such a sinking ship than why are they beating/competing well against all the CFC teams? Not trying to spark a debate just curious as I was under the impression Yankee was a failing program. Now i'm seeing that much of what I've been led to believe here on TalkingSh*t is just nonsense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X