Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Speak for your own kid. Except for the billboards and big time marketing stuff, it pretty much nailed my kid's world.
    No it's not... I'm not speaking for my own kid I'm speaking for myself who currently plays at a D1 school and have friends across the board at bigger D1, D2, and D3. So don't even try to justify.

Is it challenging and are there some really long days? Absolutely. But the part where the author tells us his typical day which consists of nearly 5+ hour of lift/meetings/practice? Simply doesn't happen in college soccer.

Comment

My daughter gets a 50% scholarship for soccer, a 25% merit scholarship, & I get an affordable tuition. She is in a very difficult science major & consistently on Dean’s list. She works hard, has been a starter since freshman year, & is happier than I have ever seen her. So best decision she has ever made was accepting a D1 soccer scholarship to a great school & playing a game she loves. You are a jealous bafoon!
      Same poster as above and just read this. This is typical of college soccer. Yes there is a lot we aren't able to do because of our athletic commitments, but I've never heard a coach tell a player hey can't be this or that major. I've seen coaches give advice that it will be very difficult to do, but they've never said they can't do it.

Comment

My daughter gets a 50% scholarship for soccer, a 25% merit scholarship, & I get an affordable tuition. She is in a very difficult science major & consistently on Dean’s list. She works hard, has been a starter since freshman year, & is happier than I have ever seen her. So best decision she has ever made was accepting a D1 soccer scholarship to a great school & playing a game she loves. You are a jealous bafoon!
        All to meet a husband.

Comment

All to meet a husband.
          It's better than slutting around the bars like your wife did.

Comment

All to meet a husband.
            I hope she meets someone worthy of her some day. I know she want to get married, have children, etc. most importantly, she will have a career she loves, will be able to support herself, & will have had the college experience of a lifetime.

Comment

And you are a lying jackass...hee haw, hee haw. Hahaha

Comment

I hope she meets someone worthy of her some day. I know she want to get married, have children, etc. most importantly, she will have a career she loves, will be able to support herself, & will have had the college experience of a lifetime.
                I never want my daughter to pick a school based on soccer money. Pigeonholing a student like that is counterproductive. It's a shame she had to settle.

Comment

Seriously, who gives a rats butt what you think or hope for. People like you are idiots.

Comment

Seriously, who gives a rats butt what you think or hope for. People like you are idiots.
                    Exactly. This is the guy who is going to jump off a bridge when Landon brings Larry home to meet the parents. Just let your kid do his/her thing. None of this "Hopes and Dreams...." bullsh!t to congratulate yourself on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X