Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 New Das. Met Oval and NYSC get older groups.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Beachside isn't going anywhere, but Mickey may get the boot for improprieties at one point with his private company vs Beachside SC. Talk is that there were funds comingled.. big no no with the IRS! That said, BS still has some good players, they just have a clouded future and a damaged brand. They'll always get players, those players will just be 1 notch lower as the better players flock to NYSC, and FCW. Driving south is a heck of a lot easier than driving north. And you know what I've never been able to figure out.... Beachside has been around since 1994, with home base in Fairfield County, CT (a pretty well to do area). If you look at the families there, the families that have come and gone.... are you telling me that Mickey has never been able to get a few million dollars from any of them? Ever? I think the club is just not liked. I think Mickey is just not liked. I think he is killing the club slowly.

NYSC - new facility opening in a few weeks, financially sound, new DA ages, NYCFC partnerships, US boys national coach, and production at DA level across boys and girls. I think their girls DA is affiliated with Sky blue somehow. NYSC is absolutely the next king of the hill. New Chairman is allegedly the smartest guy in Soccer in the Metro area, and Reyna's kid plays there. Manhattanville is very convenient for NY & CT.

FCW - has a good rented facility contract, a long history, some good players, some good coaches, and they will stick around for a bit. I would imagine they eventually team up with NYSC and just put Beachside out of business. But that may be a few years down the road. I see them falling a little bit in talent over the coming year or two, but still providing a decent Academy experience.

3 players
    1 yesterday news
    1 tomorrows news (good or bad)
    1 rising powerhouse.

Folks, US soccer is on the rise. The kids will become arrows.
    Quality at FCW DAP has fallen way way off in last year. That will only get worse with NYSC getting almost full DAP and NYCFC close by

FCW has a strong premier business under the DAP squad. So can probably survive some competition. The bigger question is can they maintain DAP

Comment

Beachside isn't going anywhere, but Mickey may get the boot for improprieties at one point with his private company vs Beachside SC. Talk is that there were funds comingled.. big no no with the IRS! That said, BS still has some good players, they just have a clouded future and a damaged brand. They'll always get players, those players will just be 1 notch lower as the better players flock to NYSC, and FCW. Driving south is a heck of a lot easier than driving north. And you know what I've never been able to figure out.... Beachside has been around since 1994, with home base in Fairfield County, CT (a pretty well to do area). If you look at the families there, the families that have come and gone.... are you telling me that Mickey has never been able to get a few million dollars from any of them? Ever? I think the club is just not liked. I think Mickey is just not liked. I think he is killing the club slowly.

NYSC - new facility opening in a few weeks, financially sound, new DA ages, NYCFC partnerships, US boys national coach, and production at DA level across boys and girls. I think their girls DA is affiliated with Sky blue somehow. NYSC is absolutely the next king of the hill. New Chairman is allegedly the smartest guy in Soccer in the Metro area, and Reyna's kid plays there. Manhattanville is very convenient for NY & CT.

FCW - has a good rented facility contract, a long history, some good players, some good coaches, and they will stick around for a bit. I would imagine they eventually team up with NYSC and just put Beachside out of business. But that may be a few years down the road. I see them falling a little bit in talent over the coming year or two, but still providing a decent Academy experience.

3 players
      1 yesterday news
      1 tomorrows news (good or bad)
      1 rising powerhouse.

Folks, US soccer is on the rise. The kids will become arrows.
      You have any backup on that comingled funds story? Never heard anything about that before. Hope you are not lying.

Comment

Story on funds

I'm a BS soccer parent, and there are some stories going around that BS was being investigated for mixing funds destined for our new facility construction (which got canceled) and some outside soccer training company that the club is involved in through the technical director. I don't know if its true or not, a few parents have tried to ask the board for disclosure and got either the HAND, or an outright 'no comment'. If its true, time will tell. If its not, well something is fishy but maybe not criminal.

Comment

I'm a BS soccer parent, and there are some stories going around that BS was being investigated for mixing funds destined for our new facility construction (which got canceled) and some outside soccer training company that the club is involved in through the technical director. I don't know if its true or not, a few parents have tried to ask the board for disclosure and got either the HAND, or an outright 'no comment'. If its true, time will tell. If its not, well something is fishy but maybe not criminal.
          There were rumors that was why a potential deal with NYSC fell through - the books were suspect. Like you said, might not be criminal but not ok with the IRS either

Comment

[QUOTE=

.[/QUOTE]

I had three kids across a few top clubs in the area. NYSC quality of coaching, consistency and development was top notch. The only main gripe was lack of consistent fields but still would recommend a look even if a little out of the way. Adding a home field in Manhattanville is a big plus. Not sure about DA for girls but time will tell.

Comment

You have any backup on that comingled funds story? Never heard anything about that before. Hope you are not lying.
              Why do you hope not, you want to BS to fail Or are trying to a subtle threat of libel? Burden of proof is on you to prove the statement is untrue. Open books side by side for little for forensic accounting we both know how that will end.

"Honesty is a choice"

Good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X