Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can someone post a definition of what is "little DA" ? Boys? Girls? What program?
    Little is the nickname for the U12/u13/u14 Program’s

US soccer has removed u12 from the program nationally this year and it’s rumored u13 will be removed next year. This means the 07 age group will be the last of the little da as they age out

Comment

Little is the nickname for the U12/u13/u14 Program’s

US soccer has removed u12 from the program nationally this year and it’s rumored u13 will be removed next year. This means the 07 age group will be the last of the little da as they age out
      Where are TA u13s playing this year?

Comment

Where are TA u13s playing this year?
        U13s and U14s are in Washington BECNL.

Comment

Really? That's pretty interesting that ecnl let MLS teams in. Gotta be a first.

Comment

Really? That's pretty interesting that ecnl let MLS teams in. Gotta be a first.
            ECNL's beef is with US Soccer, not with MLS.

The Timbers I don't think really care about the youth soccer wars.

That said, this is still rumor--the BECNL web page still does not list Timbers Academy as a team.

Comment

ECNL's beef is with US Soccer, not with MLS.

The Timbers I don't think really care about the youth soccer wars.

That said, this is still rumor--the BECNL web page still does not list Timbers Academy as a team.
              Not a rumor but clarification on details.

The TA will be playing the same teams they played in the DA last year with same amount of home and away matches just like last year. With DA falling apart and the Washington teams now BECNL they will not be official BECNL matches as the Timbers are not a BECNL club. (I assume it’s because of the DA -MLS tie in) that’s why you don’t see them on the BECNL team list.

-source me
              (A TA parent who attended our team meeting)

Comment

The TA will be playing the same teams they played in the DA last year with same amount of home and away matches just like last year. With DA falling apart and the Washington teams now BECNL they will not be official BECNL matches as the Timbers are not a BECNL club. (I assume it’s because of the DA -MLS tie in) that’s why you don’t see them on the BECNL team list.

-source me
                So, like, scrimmages? Which is fine, if that's what they are. It's not like anyone cares about results at u13. It's important to make sure kids are improving, and they can do that in scrimmages for sure.

Comment

-source me
                  The obvious question: Why not play OYSA, but play up a year? Not sure how the 07TA would stack up in 06 OYSA, but I'm pretty sure the 06TA can take most if not all of the 05 OYSA teams. (Dudes are huge, most of 'em anyway. And skilled).

Obviously, TA teams cant and shouldn't do state cup, but I'd have no problem with this.

(Of course, if OYSA allowed that, then SCA would be whining like mad--but what TA is doing now sounds kinda like SCA anyway...)

Comment

The obvious question: Why not play OYSA, but play up a year? Not sure how the 07TA would stack up in 06 OYSA, but I'm pretty sure the 06TA can take most if not all of the 05 OYSA teams. (Dudes are huge, most of 'em anyway. And skilled).

Obviously, TA teams cant and shouldn't do state cup, but I'd have no problem with this.

(Of course, if OYSA allowed that, then SCA would be whining like mad--but what TA is doing now sounds kinda like SCA anyway...)
                    07 TA would do fine in 06 oysa . Many of them already were playing up in 06 DA last year anyway but you can’t be for a profit in oysa so that’s all moot.

Also SCA is scamming families of 2300 bucks, TA doesn’t cost anything.
                    And Having your league disappear and not able to join BECNL due to mls/da relationship means they got screwed, not screwed themselves

Comment

ECNL's beef is with US Soccer, not with MLS. The Timbers I don't think really care about the youth soccer wars.That said, this is still rumor--the BECNL web page still does not list Timbers Academy as a team.
                      US club and it's internal CNL structure has a myriad of issues not limited to cost, travel, leadership, legitimacy, relevancy, purpose and they are diminished at every twist and turn in thier seat of the pants or whichever way the wind blows philosophy. Should I say money flow.

Having beef with US Soccer is natural and expected since they (US Soccer) are the governing. body and have unfiltered access to the nation's elite clubs and players.

Pelosi has beef with Trump since he has the mantle and the power as the President.

Being marginalized and accepting your role is tough on the disenfranchised, absolutely.

Thanks for perspective from the ground flioor.

Comment

Kind of makes you want to see it, just to see the **** show.

Comment

Kind of makes you want to see it, just to see the **** show.
                          Sounds like you lead an exciting life 🤦*♂️

Comment

07 TA would do fine in 06 oysa . Many of them already were playing up in 06 DA last year anyway but you can’t be for a profit in oysa so that’s all moot.

Also SCA is scamming families of 2300 bucks, TA doesn’t cost anything.
                            And Having your league disappear and not able to join BECNL due to mls/da relationship means they got screwed, not screwed themselves
                            We pay $2,200

Comment

No, they will only be playing some friendlies against some of the WA BECNL teams. Hopefully there will be referees at least. They should also try and schedule friendlies with OYSA teams a year up to get some local games.

Comment

No, they will only be playing some friendlies against some of the WA BECNL teams. Hopefully there will be referees at least. They should also try and schedule friendlies with OYSA teams a year up to get some local games.
                                Curious about their liability insurance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X