Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may not hear Eagleclaw says those phrases explicitly, but you will know that you are one or more of those things, if you don't make the team that actually plays games on the weekend. It seems pretty straightforward that Eagleclaw likes your money, just not your kid, enough to play him/her on the weekend.
    Ask for a Participation Ribbon so that people know your kids almost made it.

Comment

Ask for a Participation Ribbon so that people know your kids almost made it.
      What a spiteful unhappy little man...

Comment

What credentials would you use to determine whether Joe Campos would be good at developing your DS/DD? He’s an attorney http://ashbaughbeal.com/bio/joe-campos , not some soccer savant.
        Garth Lagerwey at Sounders is also an attorney. Doesn't seem like a bad background for a soccer executive/coach especially with player contracts, etc. Might be valuable to have a coach who knows something about soccer law, FIFA regs, player contracts, etc. Also, it looks like he is very involved with Sounders. https://www.eagleclawfc.org/post/eag...of-sounders-fc Is he a good coach as well? Maybe someone with a kid on one of his teams can let us know about that, but the attorney comment seems silly. The website says he wrote their curriculum and methodology, so is it good or bad?

Comment

Garth Lagerwey at Sounders is also an attorney. Doesn't seem like a bad background for a soccer executive/coach especially with player contracts, etc. Might be valuable to have a coach who knows something about soccer law, FIFA regs, player contracts, etc. Also, it looks like he is very involved with Sounders. https://www.eagleclawfc.org/post/eag...of-sounders-fc Is he a good coach as well? Maybe someone with a kid on one of his teams can let us know about that, but the attorney comment seems silly. The website says he wrote their curriculum and methodology, so is it good or bad?
          So again, what are his credentials? Name a team or a player his system has developed.

Comment

So again, what are his credentials? Name a team or a player his system has developed.
            I don't know. But more importantly, what is your definition of "developed". What counts as "developed"? I don't even know what that means. Like any other parent, I can only judge based on what my kid is learning and whether they are having fun doing it. If "developed" means a pro contract, then this whole state and every club in it is a massive failure. Does "developed" mean winning a tournament or league title? I don't think so, but if so how is a single event at a single moment in time helpful to any parent trying to choose a club for their kid. That team or coach might have struck lightning once, but does someone else's past success mean my kid will have the same experience and results? This is silly. So what the hell does "developed" mean. You use the phrase in the past tense as if to describe something that is finished. What about "developING"? Maybe we should look at players and teams coaches are developing right now. Instead of looking at stats and old league tables, shouldn't we go watch a coach in action at training or watch one of their teams play? Like every other coach, his credentials are on their website and I take those credentials, and every other coach's self-professed credentials with a grain of salt. There are lots of "A" licensed idiots coaching in this state, don't you agree? And the "B" and "C" licensed idiots are even more plentiful.

I did find this video of theirs on the web: https://youtu.be/wldYew1JXb0

I guess they are trying to draw a distinction between their style and the opponents style so there is some "developing" there that can be judged by everyone. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't. It would be great if other clubs/coaches posted videos explaining their styles and what they are teaching. That way we can compare. I guess it comes down to this: what do you want for your kid?:

1. Be with winningest team
            2. Be with winningest coach
            3. Play in a certain league
            4. Play with a certain club
            5. Train with a good teacher
            6. Train in a particular style
            7. Train and play in a good environment
            8. Go pro
            9. Get college scholarship
            10. anything else?

Then....how do you find these coaches/clubs? For 1-4 you can sit on your ass with a computer and parse wins and losses and pick your club or coach. 5-7 require you to get off your ass and go watch games and training sessions and make an informed decision. 8-9....I don't know...is that about your player, their desire/heart/grit, the coach's license/credentials, being in the right place at the right time, spending a fortune on showcase tournaments? I guess if your kid makes it, then after the fact you'll attribute it to a particular coach or club and then we get back on the "credentials on the website" question and you'll say that a kid with a college scholarship was "developed"...past tense... by a coach or club.

Comment

I don't know. But more importantly, what is your definition of "developed". What counts as "developed"? I don't even know what that means. Like any other parent, I can only judge based on what my kid is learning and whether they are having fun doing it. If "developed" means a pro contract, then this whole state and every club in it is a massive failure. Does "developed" mean winning a tournament or league title? I don't think so, but if so how is a single event at a single moment in time helpful to any parent trying to choose a club for their kid. That team or coach might have struck lightning once, but does someone else's past success mean my kid will have the same experience and results? This is silly. So what the hell does "developed" mean. You use the phrase in the past tense as if to describe something that is finished. What about "developING"? Maybe we should look at players and teams coaches are developing right now. Instead of looking at stats and old league tables, shouldn't we go watch a coach in action at training or watch one of their teams play? Like every other coach, his credentials are on their website and I take those credentials, and every other coach's self-professed credentials with a grain of salt. There are lots of "A" licensed idiots coaching in this state, don't you agree? And the "B" and "C" licensed idiots are even more plentiful.

I did find this video of theirs on the web: https://youtu.be/wldYew1JXb0

I guess they are trying to draw a distinction between their style and the opponents style so there is some "developing" there that can be judged by everyone. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't. It would be great if other clubs/coaches posted videos explaining their styles and what they are teaching. That way we can compare. I guess it comes down to this: what do you want for your kid?:

1. Be with winningest team
              2. Be with winningest coach
              3. Play in a certain league
              4. Play with a certain club
              5. Train with a good teacher
              6. Train in a particular style
              7. Train and play in a good environment
              8. Go pro
              9. Get college scholarship
              10. anything else?

Then....how do you find these coaches/clubs? For 1-4 you can sit on your ass with a computer and parse wins and losses and pick your club or coach. 5-7 require you to get off your ass and go watch games and training sessions and make an informed decision. 8-9....I don't know...is that about your player, their desire/heart/grit, the coach's license/credentials, being in the right place at the right time, spending a fortune on showcase tournaments? I guess if your kid makes it, then after the fact you'll attribute it to a particular coach or club and then we get back on the "credentials on the website" question and you'll say that a kid with a college scholarship was "developed"...past tense... by a coach or club.
              This area has developed some of the best players to ever come out of the US. And no, I’m not just referring to Jordan Morris and Yedlin. Here is a whole list if you need help: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate...hington_(state)

And I think it’s pretty cool that 5 Washington teams made the SoccerWire top 50 clubs in the country regardless of how flawed it may be.

Campos and eagleclaw have a place in the pay to play model- if your dd or DS isn’t athletic enough to play DA/ECNL/RCL, then maybe they can play at eagleclaw.

Have fun. It’s a great place to enjoy the sport, and nothing wrong with that. They have a niche. But them selling some bs about how DS and DD are going to play for Valencia some day? Snake Oil. Get someone a college scholarship, get a kid on Sounders Academy, demonstrate something. But alas it’s just talk. The best they can hope for is to develop a kid into a div 1 RCL player, maybe someday ECNL.

Btw, I keep going back to who has been developed through eagleclaw because this is precisely what they tout. “Instead, we focus on developing players by providing a complete soccer education for players beginning at age 5”. This is from the front page of their website! https://www.eagleclawfc.org/

You know what else they advertise on the front page of their website? A podcast in which Joe talks about how his club is a pathway to Valencia.

And finally, right at the top of the front page of their website: The "Thinking Player's" Youth Soccer Club™! Trademarked no less! You know what this equals? Eagleclaw, where your kid goes if he’s not athletic to make one of the big clubs but you want to throw a bunch of money at youth soccer. Have fun.

Comment

You know what else they advertise on the front page of their website? A podcast in which Joe talks about how his club is a pathway to Valencia.
                Not part of this back and forth, but I just listened to that 3Four3 podcast and I’m pretty sure the head of Valencia’s youth academy was also being interviewed and was actually the main person being interviewed. That’s a highly reputable podcast followed by a lot of smart soccer coaches. And the interview was really interesting, despite the heavy Spanish accent. They seem pretty committed to finding players here and they had good things to say about Eagleclaw. Not sure it makes sense to talk down a program with pretty obvious high level support from a top level pro European club trying to create opportunities for players in our state. You might be rooting for Eagleclaw to fail, but why?

Comment

- if your dd or DS isn’t athletic enough to play DA/ECNL/RCL.
                  LOL! LMAO! Dude, do you work for another club? Or are you trying to justify your investment in a DA/ECNL/RCL club your “athletic” kid bombed out of. If you think “athletic” is the key to soccer success you are truly clueless. Ever heard of Iniesta or Xavi? It’s just kids soccer, man! If Eagleclaw or any other club did something wrong to you, then by all means tell us all about it. But you are a damn bitter dude over something in your past. Reliving the glory days of being an over-involved soccer parent now that your kids are grown up? Now you are just combing through their website looking for stuff to complain about or criticize. 😂.

Comment

LOL! LMAO! Dude, do you work for another club? Or are you trying to justify your investment in a DA/ECNL/RCL club your “athletic” kid bombed out of. If you think “athletic” is the key to soccer success you are truly clueless. Ever heard of Iniesta or Xavi? It’s just kids soccer, man! If Eagleclaw or any other club did something wrong to you, then by all means tell us all about it. But you are a damn bitter dude over something in your past. Reliving the glory days of being an over-involved soccer parent now that your kids are grown up? Now you are just combing through their website looking for stuff to complain about or criticize. 😂.
                    Keep telling yourself your kid is infestation or Xavi dumb *ss

Comment

Not part of this back and forth, but I just listened to that 3Four3 podcast and I’m pretty sure the head of Valencia’s youth academy was also being interviewed and was actually the main person being interviewed. That’s a highly reputable podcast followed by a lot of smart soccer coaches. And the interview was really interesting, despite the heavy Spanish accent. They seem pretty committed to finding players here and they had good things to say about Eagleclaw. Not sure it makes sense to talk down a program with pretty obvious high level support from a top level pro European club trying to create opportunities for players in our state. You might be rooting for Eagleclaw to fail, but why?
                      They get paid a fee to say good things about eagleclaw. That’s what a licensing agreement is about. WAKE THE *UCK UP!

Comment

Joe spends a lot of time on these boards it seems lol

Comment

I talked to some coaches from Sounders Academy and they told me they think Eagleclaw is a joke. Apparently these coaches have watched some of the Eagleclaw sessions at Starfire and think it is not good. Told me all I needed to know about Eagleclaw.

Comment

I talked to some coaches from Sounders Academy and they told me they think Eagleclaw is a joke. Apparently these coaches have watched some of the Eagleclaw sessions at Starfire and think it is not good. Told me all I needed to know about Eagleclaw.
                            Highly unlikely. My older son used to be in the Sounders Academy and my younger son is at Eagleclaw. Sounders coaches recommended Eagleclaw for my younger son. Been there two years and we’re very happy with the progression.

Comment

Highly unlikely. My older son used to be in the Sounders Academy and my younger son is at Eagleclaw. Sounders coaches recommended Eagleclaw for my younger son. Been there two years and we’re very happy with the progression.
                              You should ask Micheal Morris and Danyel Lock for their thoughts.

Comment

I’m the one asking who Eagleclaw has developed. I want to be clear, the reason I know about their website and club is because we looked into eagleclaw several years ago. Back then, they were an “Ajax” club and 50% of the training was outsourced to TR’s group @ Coerver NW. I had my DS/DD train with them for a couple weeks. I was sucked in to Joe’s thoughts on youth soccer, and our family wasn’t having a great experience -( although not terrible) with the coach at her RCL club at the time (things have gotten a lot better).

I think Eagleclaw serves a purpose.

But selling this idea that kids are going to make it to the Valencia academy through Eagleclaw needs to be seen, not just talked about.

If your kid can make the 1st team at some of the top RCL clubs, that will provide the best opportunity to achieve the highest possible results. If not, Eagleclaw and some of the other options are great and can be successful options based on your individual definition of success.

I just don’t like how Eagleclaw and their white knights constantly beat this drum of superiority. its idiotic.

It is second, or third tier soccer in the state of Washington.
                                Great to develop the next unathletic iniesta or xavi as one poster commented- although even with Joes superior coaching and development programs, im not aware of any Iniesta or xavis coming out of eagle claw. way to be a moron.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X