Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    and, nothing wrong with swinging by a field to take a look sooner than later. Much better to have a planned decision than to have one thrust upon you.
    But like I said, you could decide September and by April things have changed. That certainly has been the case in youth soccer the last several years. It's always good to have a #1 choice and some backups. Re-evaluate each year closer to tryouts/practice sessions in terms of what is the best fit for your player and what they want.

Comment

But like I said, you could decide September and by April things have changed. That certainly has been the case in youth soccer the last several years. It's always good to have a #1 choice and some backups. Re-evaluate each year closer to tryouts/practice sessions in terms of what is the best fit for your player and what they want.
      Yep, and like I said, nothing wrong with driving by now and taking a peek.

Alternatively, I suppose one could gain all they want to know from TS...

Comment

Yep, and like I said, nothing wrong with driving by now and taking a peek.

Alternatively, I suppose one could gain all they want to know from TS...
        No harm at all. I just wouldn't make my mind up this early is all, either way

Comment

We're not making any decisions this fall. But next spring, if my daughter is asked to play on this team AND wants to, I want to have as much info as possible to make the decision as to whether it's right for our family and daughter. Going to watch a couple games and training this fall and again in the spring. Like I said, we're already at the club so just a matter of seeing the schedule, which is why I asked. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

So my kid is already at the club, just not at the age group where this starts yet. I'm not sold on it, really, but trying to keep an open mind. I know the coaches and will watch some training while we're there anyway, but interested in games too. Just want the whole picture. Will also watch the B team's games.

I'm not sold on the travel. But I know my D will want to keep playing with her team, most of whom will likely do this.
            Historically, there is lots of movement between clubs for the U12/U13 years. Keep your options open.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X