Scammin’ Creek Nike Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a number game. If you get 20 teams, you can get good competition for the teams. If you get 4 teams, its lucky if you get good games. The bad thing is I heard a lot of other issues came up, that salmon creek did not handle well, which is amazing with the few number of teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The bad thing is I heard a lot of other issues came up, that salmon creek did not handle well, which is amazing with the few number of teams.
      Oh really? Please share.

I wouldn't say saturated but I would say it's a highly competitive market and there are some clubs and tournaments working harder than others to provide the experience teams and clubs are looking for. Good for them. Teams and clubs have options.

Parking fees, poor fields, poor communication, price, number of games, number of portapotys, garbage cans, places to eat, awards, pins, distance between venues, It maters and adds up. Competition level....

I look for the fees to come down too. No more charging $800 for 3 games. With the way it is now, 3 game minimum tournaments for $800 are over.

Comment

Disclaimer, overall our team had a good time. But why were we playing “old” FIFA rules in August and why no ARs?

Comment

Disclaimer, overall our team had a good time. But why were we playing “old” FIFA rules in August and why no ARs?
          Stupid!
          No AR’s because that saves $30/game. More money to line TE’s pocket

Comment

Stupid!
            This! It’s so lame to have one ref in anything bigger than a 7v7 field.

Comment

Stupid!
              Add that to the list of...

I've been there. Where a crew doesn't show up or in a busy season refs don't sign up and you have to accept Center is going to have a real hard time.

But at a tournament, if that is a conscious decision to not have AR's. That is just cheap and unacceptable.

Comment

Add that to the list of...

I've been there. Where a crew doesn't show up or in a busy season refs don't sign up and you have to accept Center is going to have a real hard time.

But at a tournament, if that is a conscious decision to not have AR's. That is just cheap and unacceptable.
                I would agree, we all have seen things pop up and mistakes happen that cause a crew not to show up, and thats life. But if it was a decision not to have AR's for money, then that is a bad thing.

Comment

I would agree, we all have seen things pop up and mistakes happen that cause a crew not to show up, and thats life. But if it was a decision not to have AR's for money, then that is a bad thing.
                  Our smaller sided games at the Mt Hood Challenge didn't have ARs either. And for that matter, OYSA doesn't carry ARs for the 9v9 during league play as well.

This seems like an unfair criticism to make when it's not just this tournament doing it. The part that I don't understand is that rec games often have ARs for 9v9, while Premier level soccer doesn't? That's a mystery to me.....

Comment

Our smaller sided games at the Mt Hood Challenge didn't have ARs either. And for that matter, OYSA doesn't carry ARs for the 9v9 during league play as well.

This seems like an unfair criticism to make when it's not just this tournament doing it. The part that I don't understand is that rec games often have ARs for 9v9, while Premier level soccer doesn't? That's a mystery to me.....
                    U12 DA didn’t have ARs either.

Unacceptable imho

Comment

All 11v11 games only had center refs. No AR’s

Comment

All 11v11 games only had center refs. No AR’s
                        Our 11v11 games had ARs, all 9 of them between multiple kids. No issues there.

Comment

U12 DA didn’t have ARs either.

Unacceptable imho
                          Don't disagree, but it's hard to be more upset at this tournament, when, like stated above, U12 during League play doesn't have ARs either. That seems like a worse crime, especially considering how much we pay.

Comment

The difference in league play is they do hire a ref coach to be out there to help train the younger refs for 9v9,that is the trade off for not having AR's.

I would say though, I fully get it if you just don't have enough ref's for the amount of games, but considering the low number of games for this tournament, that shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Don't disagree, but it's hard to be more upset at this tournament, when, like stated above, U12 during League play doesn't have ARs either. That seems like a worse crime, especially considering how much we pay.
                              TTL U12 should have 2 referees. 1 Center and the 1 "mentor/4th official." They are not just there to make a easy $20 until they center the next game. They are supposed to assist in the officiating.

TTL it's hard to get enough people to drive out to only do 2 games. Especially AR's. Tournaments different story since everyone is there. I'm not saying a 9v9 should have had AR's in a tournament but they should have at least had a 4th.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X