Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They should institute relegation promotion at this level to see how it would work.
    I bet there will be relegation for the non MLS teams in the top tier. That way BS and the Washington Generals have a lottery ticket out of lower tier. No way a MLS team gets relegated

Comment

So it seems that Crossfire Premier (Seattle) will play Albion SC (San Diego) in the new divisional format. They are 1,255 miles apart. Good luck with that......Also, Toronto going to play at Inter Miami in league play which is 1450 miles apart. Really?
      Canadians love Florida

Comment

So it seems that Crossfire Premier (Seattle) will play Albion SC (San Diego) in the new divisional format. They are 1,255 miles apart. Good luck with that......Also, Toronto going to play at Inter Miami in league play which is 1450 miles apart. Really?
        That's the trick with the whole scenario - travel. I think that's one reason why they're only doing the older kids as an experiment. Seattle to SD is easy, tons of reasonably priced flights. Anytime you have Canada involved costs go up and all players have to have valid passports.

Comment

That's the trick with the whole scenario - travel. I think that's one reason why they're only doing the older kids as an experiment. Seattle to SD is easy, tons of reasonably priced flights. Anytime you have Canada involved costs go up and all players have to have valid passports.
          I may be mistaken, but it looks like Crossfire will need to get on a plane for all away matches. Who is paying for all this travel? I would imaging MLS clubs will pay their player travel costs, but what about the non-pro clubs?

Furthermore, Crossfire is in the second tier....how can they possibly justify staying in the DA league given this set up? There isn't even a mention of pro rel between the tiers!

Comment

I may be mistaken, but it looks like Crossfire will need to get on a plane for all away matches. Who is paying for all this travel? I would imaging MLS clubs will pay their player travel costs, but what about the non-pro clubs?

Furthermore, Crossfire is in the second tier....how can they possibly justify staying in the DA league given this set up? There isn't even a mention of pro rel between the tiers!
            Most likely MLS clubs keep paying for it travel as they have been, and non MLS parents pay for it as they have been. It very well may be a way to get some non MLS clubs to leave on their own. The cost to play is already high enough without additional flights.

Comment

Non pro clubs that are not fully funded will likely drop from the league. USSF DA wants it that way.

Comment

Non pro clubs that are not fully funded will likely drop from the league. USSF DA wants it that way.
                Understandably their customers (parents) will balk at the travel time and cost. And why be in DA if you're not playing the MLS clubs? It's just another league that costs even more and has more restrictions. But you're right - it gives them a way out instead of forcing them out.

Comment

Understandably their customers (parents) will balk at the travel time and cost. And why be in DA if you're not playing the MLS clubs? It's just another league that costs even more and has more restrictions. But you're right - it gives them a way out instead of forcing them out.
                  Being placed in the B league, without pro/rel, is a death sentence for a DA club.

Comment

Being placed in the B league, without pro/rel, is a death sentence for a DA club.
                    DA is just giving ECNL all their players and teams.

Comment

Please check out the Crossfire Twitter @CrossfirePrmr

Here are the highlights of their Tweets today.

1) They *fully fund* their Girls U17 & U19 DA teams.
                      2) Crossfire was put in the 2nd division after a 12-3-2 record against MLS based academies.
                      3) Crossfire has a lawsuit against USSF about training compensation for Yedlin.

Now, if Crossfire can fully fund their programs, why cant other clubs?

Come on people. Start asking these questions of clubs.

Comment

2) Crossfire was put in the 2nd division after a 12-3-2 record against MLS based academies.

Crossfire obviously deserves to be in Tier 1 but...
                        1)Crossfire pulled out of GDA and went “All-In ECNL” for their girls teams
                        2)Crossfire has a training camp lawsuit against USSF
                        3)See #1

Comment

They are an exception to the rule. At best non MLS clubs lower fees or cover group travel, but hardly any are fully funded. It all depends on the club, their financial structure etc. Really only mega clubs that have tons of non DA teams subsidizing the DA teams can pull it off. Smaller clubs like BS or OW could never pull it off.

Crossfire being relegated is BS btw. Totally political, which also tells you where this is probably all going to go.

Comment

They are an exception to the rule. At best non MLS clubs lower fees or cover group travel, but hardly any are fully funded. It all depends on the club, their financial structure etc. Really only mega clubs that have tons of non DA teams subsidizing the DA teams can pull it off. Smaller clubs like BS or OW could never pull it off.

Crossfire being relegated is BS btw. Totally political, which also tells you where this is probably all going to go.
                            Tier I should be for fully funded pro academies.
                            Tier II should not exist.

Comment

Tier I should be for fully funded pro academies.
                              Tier II should not exist.
                              Tier I should be for top teams - NO QUALIFICATIONS EXCEPT OR SUCCESS!!
                              Tier II should be where top teams go for a while until they fix what they did wrong

There is no reason to play in a league where Tier 2 teams can not work hard and get to Tier 1 (other than to subsidize the Tier 1 system). Your team/club has been relegated to B status for things that are out of your control and has nothing to do with on-field results. This is a sham. Unless you see residency for those tier 1 programs within 2 years, the whole DA system will suffer and only players within 100 miles of a Tier 1 club will have access to the system (and how many families want to drive 5 times a week or more 50 miles and back to practices and HOME games?!?!). This 18/19 restructure may be an experiment for the whole league, but it had better end this year or it will be the death of all of DA and I would not be surprised to see a coupe from another group(s) trying to usurp USSF's power (they are already out-competing them for the same customers and their cash).

Comment

Tier I should be for top teams - NO QUALIFICATIONS EXCEPT OR SUCCESS!!
                                Tier II should be where top teams go for a while until they fix what they did wrong

There is no reason to play in a league where Tier 2 teams can not work hard and get to Tier 1 (other than to subsidize the Tier 1 system). Your team/club has been relegated to B status for things that are out of your control and has nothing to do with on-field results. This is a sham. Unless you see residency for those tier 1 programs within 2 years, the whole DA system will suffer and only players within 100 miles of a Tier 1 club will have access to the system (and how many families want to drive 5 times a week or more 50 miles and back to practices and HOME games?!?!). This 18/19 restructure may be an experiment for the whole league, but it had better end this year or it will be the death of all of DA and I would not be surprised to see a coupe from another group(s) trying to usurp USSF's power (they are already out-competing them for the same customers and their cash).
                                The fix is in....with no pro/rel, being in Tier 2 means the end.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X