X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are no such rules.
    Not sure what you are talking about and where you are getting your information.
    From the gda rules. Say players can’t come back after playing high school unless they get a private school waiver. PS waivers must be obtained by a deadline. Gda girls in Florida tried to do it and got in trouble. CA gda players went & played high school and tried to go back to gda team and were booted. The gda players and clubs who follow the rules get really tees off when others try and create a storm of complaints.

My bet would be those players are simply done with gda.

Comment

Championship on girls side is Mountainsides to lose. Calling my shot now, States best player and a great supporting group.
      Only if the state's best player and her great supporting group can score a goal against Jesuit.

They had 2 chances last year. Both of the state's best goalies play for Jesuit still, but that probably won't matter because they will get the same number of shots they got last year vs. Jesuit.

Comment

From the gda rules. Say players can’t come back after playing high school unless they get a private school waiver. PS waivers must be obtained by a deadline. Gda girls in Florida tried to do it and got in trouble. CA gda players went & played high school and tried to go back to gda team and were booted. The gda players and clubs who follow the rules get really tees off when others try and create a storm of complaints.

My bet would be those players are simply done with gda.
        You are really out of touch. Why use a Florida example when there are plenty of examples of Oregon player going to DA after HS.

Either there are no rules or the rules are optional.

Comment

You are really out of touch. Why use a Florida example when there are plenty of examples of Oregon player going to DA after HS.

Either there are no rules or the rules are optional.
          Totally agree with this. If you are good enough their are always options. Like Oregon kids who have done both in past for Thorns and Crossfire Premiere.

Comment

Championship on girls side is Mountainsides to lose. Calling my shot now, States best player and a great supporting group.
            Well, if she’s the state’s best player that means you are the state’s Best Dad!

Honestly though, thanks for that dad. You’ve always been my biggest supporter. Even when those mean people said I wasn’t that good last week. We’ll bring home the cup for you, I promise. Love ya dad.

Comment

And best coach.

Comment

West Salem has their star back and has the best chance to beat Jesuit.

Comment

What ECNL or USYS soccer team does this player play for? Is this a top Crossfire player? I assume their name is often mentioned publicly in write ups or best player lists, so hopefully it is not weird or intrusive to the girl to ask who is the player you are referencing?

I will not discuss further as to whether they are the best or not, it always a matter of perspective and no player should be spoken negatively about on this forum. How’s that saying go? “If you do not have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” While sometimes, we have to say things that might hurt other people’s feelings, we should only do so if we have the best intentions at heart, to make things better from doing so.

Just curious their name? Would like to go find a game to watch them at. Thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Well, if she’s the state’s best player that means you are the state’s Best Dad!

Honestly though, thanks for that dad. You’ve always been my biggest supporter. Even when those mean people said I wasn’t that good last week. We’ll bring home the cup for you, I promise. Love ya dad.
                    So great to see a father cruising the internet sticking up for his daughter. Way to go.

Comment

Top Nine

Jesuit
                      Oregon City
                      Clackamas
                      West Linn
                      Mountainside
                      Sherwood
                      Sunset
                      Tualatin
                      Tigard

Jesuit will average 10 goals per game.

Comment

What ECNL or USYS soccer team does this player play for? Is this a top Crossfire player? I assume their name is often mentioned publicly in write ups or best player lists, so hopefully it is not weird or intrusive to the girl to ask who is the player you are referencing?

I will not discuss further as to whether they are the best or not, it always a matter of perspective and no player should be spoken negatively about on this forum. How’s that saying go? “If you do not have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” While sometimes, we have to say things that might hurt other people’s feelings, we should only do so if we have the best intentions at heart, to make things better from doing so.

If people only said nice things on this chat board it would be very quiet.

Comment

Top Nine

Jesuit
                          Oregon City
                          Clackamas
                          West Linn
                          Mountainside
                          Sherwood
                          Sunset
                          Tualatin
                          Tigard

Jesuit will average 10 goals per game.

Sunset? No chance. They won't even be top ten their conference.

Comment

Sunset? No chance. They won't even be top ten their conference.
                            Given that the Metro League only has seven teams, finishing out of the Top Ten would be quite an achievement.

Comment

Given that the Metro League only has seven teams, finishing out of the Top Ten would be quite an achievement.
                              (Or did you mean 6A?)

Comment

This board seems to have an unwritten rule to not post kid's names, even if it is with positive intent. Some parents, myself included are worried about their kids overall online fingerprint. We should respect that.

If you want to go to a game, you don't need to know the players name. Just go to a "West Salem" game. I recommend Jesuit @ West Salem on 9/16.

Most schools haven't had tryouts yet, so I'm not sure who could know if someone is on the team or not. Top Drawer soccer has a list of players if you really want names. If I remember, Thorn's top player was from Salem (not sure if she went to West Salem or not). We'll see when the final rosters come out in the next few weeks.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X