Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon's soccer culture is sick!!

Anyone find this forum not only alarming but disturbing?
    You can't find hardly any positivity just, obvious as it is, coaches hiding behind anonymous platforms to tear each other down.
    People acting as others to try to discredit a rival...obvious by language choice.

Is this truly how Oregon wants you continue being known for?
    And you are...outside of Oregon.

It's sad that in this day in age considering social issues we still have adults, acting like kids, on an anonymous platform

You're supposed to be the youths example of how to act not how not too.

Coaches....are who are you kidding?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone find this forum not only alarming but disturbing?
    You can't find hardly any positivity just, obvious as it is, coaches hiding behind anonymous platforms to tear each other down.
    People acting as others to try to discredit a rival...obvious by language choice.

Is this truly how Oregon wants you continue being known for?
    And you are...outside of Oregon.

It's sad that in this day in age considering social issues we still have adults, acting like kids, on an anonymous platform

You're supposed to be the youths example of how to act not how not too.

Coaches....are who are you kidding?
    Have you read the last 2-3 years of posts? That's all this is. A bunch of garbage.

It's like going to an old haunted house in the woods at night. You creak across the old wooden floor beams. You push through the cobwebs and the dead rats. Then you open the door to the basement. You hear some weird noises dragging around in the dark of the basement. Do you go down?

Same thing here. Why come here? Only if you are glutton for punishment.

Comment

I would argue that this forum doesn't represent Oregon Soccer culture.

Comment

I would argue that this forum doesn't represent Oregon Soccer culture.
        Totally agree. It represents the worst of it, which is a minuscule part.

Comment

Disagree

This forum protects what is supposed to be pure.

The top threads right now are:

Boys 05. This group has been ripped apart by a rich guy and the clubs allowed this to happen. That is what I gathered from it.

SCA, for profit club trying to run a soccer business in the wrong environment. Should be US Club.

End of the soccer mom, beat me what this is about

Oregon United FC, coach who has bounced around now starting a club......

All of these things should be discussed and air in public. How else would someone know.

Comment

This forum protects what is supposed to be pure.

The top threads right now are:

Boys 05. This group has been ripped apart by a rich guy and the clubs allowed this to happen. That is what I gathered from it.

SCA, for profit club trying to run a soccer business in the wrong environment. Should be US Club.

End of the soccer mom, beat me what this is about

Oregon United FC, coach who has bounced around now starting a club......

All of these things should be discussed and air in public. How else would someone know.
            I don't think that is the issue at all (public discussion on various topics). It's the manner of the "discussions", and the ability to anonymously say whatever you want, which adds to the vitriol of it. Which is just too bad.

Comment

I disagree with anyone that says this isn't a very good reflection of what youth soccer is about. Not just Oregon, everywhere. Some of the biggest pompous DBags you can ever find. Well, outside of the horse culture.

Know-it-alls, elitists, ignorant jackwagons.

Clubs, even worse. Non profits paying themselves ridiculous wages pricing kids out of a game providing what? Positive youth activities, barf!

They sell, you buy. What's their hook?

Coaches unable to get a real job fleecing parents who can pay while diluting "elite" soccer talent with endless "elite" leagues. How much does it cost to be an "elite" player again? Same clowns parents involved. Do they know, like most coaches, their are better players kicking it in vacant lots in Amity.

90% of the people "in soccer" are the problem. Some even know it. Some don't care.

What are you* trying to get of soccer? Is your actual goal to find or create the next Landon Donovan and win a World Cup? Or do you want to teach life lessons through a game that you enjoy? I think the biggest issue is the disconnect between these two contrasts. Neither is wrong unless they are disingenuous.

Comment

I blame Russia. And Trump. And Wheeler

Comment

Vitroil

I don't think that is the issue at all (public discussion on various topics). It's the manner of the "discussions", and the ability to anonymously say whatever you want, which adds to the vitriol of it. Which is just too bad.
                  I don't think it is vitroil (great word) it is just the way it is. SCA came into town with a disruptive model and a GPS smell to it. It is going to be heavily scrutinized and should be. Oregon United DOC has a lot of history in the state including GPS and the club is going to be heavily scrutinized. 05 Boys, what a crazy mess that whole thing is, it should be heavily scrutinized. If you put yourself in this position you should be prepared. Clubs are charging upwards of $2,000 per year as a base, higher in some leagues. Youth soccer is generating millions of dollars based on what, parents hopes and dreams for their kids. Anyone who is making money off of a parents love should be scrutinized on a public forum.

Oregonian and SW Washingtonians go to work everyday, work hard, scrape together money so their kids can have a better life. Youth soccer can have a positive impact on that dream, it can also have a negative impact. We want more success stories and less "I got ripped off" stories so deal with it.

Comment

You recall what coach Ben K. of Taooine FC said after attending the Mos Eisley Cup in regards to Oregon Soccer culture:

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

I blame Russia. And Trump. And Wheeler
                      No blame for Governor Brown?

Comment

Raise the bar of rec...which isn't too from D2 and watch these big money clubs disappear.

Clubs taking 2k to lose in D2 is a rip-off. You know who you are and you are dirtbags!

Parents, stop going to FC $$$$ to play in D2. Know the difference and know what you are paying for. Then, parents, volunteer!!!!! Go to youtube, put in some time, educate yourselves. I used to say get an XYZ license but now even that is a $cam.

Any kid that can run from here to there without having a proper coaching.

Realistic goals and expectations.

Comment

edit to read: Any kid that can run from here to there without passing out can play at the Oregon D1 level with proper coaching.

Comment

Raise the bar of rec...which isn't too from D2 and watch these big money clubs disappear.

Clubs taking 2k to lose in D2 is a rip-off. You know who you are and you are dirtbags!

Parents, stop going to FC $$$$ to play in D2. Know the difference and know what you are paying for. Then, parents, volunteer!!!!! Go to youtube, put in some time, educate yourselves. I used to say get an XYZ license but now even that is a $cam.

Any kid that can run from here to there without having a proper coaching.

Realistic goals and expectations.
                            There are plenty of low-cost clubs (Foothills SC is one example) that cater to players who want a better-than-rec experience, but don't have any pretense at being "premier", aren't looking to travel, and thus cost way less than $2k.

Comment

There are plenty of low-cost clubs (Foothills SC is one example) that cater to players who want a better-than-rec experience, but don't have any pretense at being "premier", aren't looking to travel, and thus cost way less than $2k.
                              Truth - and most of the clubs fall into this group. A lot of this BS would go away if we had a better rec program.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X