Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true FSA & CFC are ditching NPL teams for an ECNL “2” feeder team?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is Boys ECNL “struggling” exactly?
    It's a distant #2 league, perfectly fine for what it is but that's all. It will never come close to BDA unless the MLS pulls out of BDA. On the girl's side the two leagues are very close nationally with some regions stronger than others.

Comment

It's a distant #2 league, perfectly fine for what it is but that's all. It will never come close to BDA unless the MLS pulls out of BDA. On the girl's side the two leagues are very close nationally with some regions stronger than others.
      That is funny Nostradamus! I have seen at least 5-6 boys leave DA to each age group at our club, from Mass to OW. I'm sure it's not just for the love of our club, must be going on elsewhere. DA for sure has the edge, but I've not seen an exodus of players leave a league before. So hold off on your "distant"...
      ECNL girls vs DA are very close???? Maybe in Texas? SoCal kids came back to .Eclipse, Slammers, Mustangs, etc all dominate the mid-to West and I haven't mentioned the south. Now that's "distant" for sure!

Comment

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/rhetoric?s=t

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

Comment

FSA ECNL boys would womp any BS BDA team.

Comment

I heard a rumor that FSA and CFC are switching their NPL teams to a league at ECNL called ECNL2. The “2” teams cannot qualify for ENPL and is just a feeder for ECNL. Considering that NPL teams have done just as well as ECNL in the ENPL playoffs, it makes no sense. Instead of having 2 chances for their program to qualify ENPL, there is only 1 now? If I’m one of the parents that decided to stay NPL due to travel despite having a child good enough for ECNL, I would be pissed considering that it was not communicated BEFORE tryouts. I have a feeling that, if true, there are going to be a lot of angry parents calling out the program directors and coaches. Smart thing to do is table it a year to communicate BEFORE tryouts so the players/parents can make an INFORMED decision. So, can anyone confirm/deny the rumor?
            Not much news here. Same teams, same league, same players. Rebranded now under the ECNL platform which is better organized. The 2nd teams won’t go to the big events that the ECNL teams attend but the ECNL will promote this and give them exposure.

Much better for the girls side if you are chasing college.

Comment

These teams will qualify to
              Play at the ECNL national event instead of the NPL national event. Huge for for threes teams

Comment

Not much news here. Same teams, same league, same players. Rebranded now under the ECNL platform which is better organized. The 2nd teams won’t go to the big events that the ECNL teams attend but the ECNL will promote this and give them exposure.

Be wary of chasing college if you cannot even make the A team.

Comment

Disagree on no college if B team. My daughter chose to leave club soccer her junior year to focus on academics and school extracurriculars. She plays D1 soccer with a 25k annual scholarship so it’s possible. Obviously the A teams get more exposure but it’s not a must. On the boys side I think it’s even less of an issue as, if you look up the Northeast region, the NPL boys teams outperformed the ECNL boys at the ENPL playoffs the last 2 years. My opinion is that this is done so that the clubs can pressure the better boys players that decided to stay NPL to avoid the travel associated with the ECNL to move up to their flagship ECNL team to truly have an A team. Looks like this will benefit the CFC ECNL teams the most as there are several boys that play NPL that would start on their ECNL team had they decided to tryout. IMO it would have been easier sell to move the ECNL practices to Sportsworld and only have games at Bethany as I’ve been told no one wants to drive 50 minutes 3 days a week for practice. Either way, I’d expect a lot of team turnover come 2020-2021 as I know a few boys teams parents at CFC who were not told a thing about this change. Needless to say, they weren’t the happiest campers. They still stand by CFC as they claim that the directors, etc are much more down to earth and personable than the FSA empire. I wish them all the best. And, honestly, I wish all our children the best. At the end of the day, this is for them, not us.

Comment

Disagree on no college if B team. My daughter chose to leave club soccer her junior year to focus on academics and school extracurriculars. She plays D1 soccer with a 25k annual scholarship so it’s possible. Obviously the A teams get more exposure but it’s not a must. On the boys side I think it’s even less of an issue as, if you look up the Northeast region, the NPL boys teams outperformed the ECNL boys at the ENPL playoffs the last 2 years. My opinion is that this is done so that the clubs can pressure the better boys players that decided to stay NPL to avoid the travel associated with the ECNL to move up to their flagship ECNL team to truly have an A team. Looks like this will benefit the CFC ECNL teams the most as there are several boys that play NPL that would start on their ECNL team had they decided to tryout. IMO it would have been easier sell to move the ECNL practices to Sportsworld and only have games at Bethany as I’ve been told no one wants to drive 50 minutes 3 days a week for practice. Either way, I’d expect a lot of team turnover come 2020-2021 as I know a few boys teams parents at CFC who were not told a thing about this change. Needless to say, they weren’t the happiest campers. They still stand by CFC as they claim that the directors, etc are much more down to earth and personable than the FSA empire. I wish them all the best. And, honestly, I wish all our children the best. At the end of the day, this is for them, not us.
                    Confusing post; ECNL2 are only for girls. At least right now.

Comment

Another Jerry McGuire letter...haha

I call BS on the first point about your NPL daughter that stopped in her junior to apply for her academics. NO COACH from D3-D1 would roll the dice on a kid that "basically" quit soccer and give her ANY $. She must've gotten the $25 G from her academics only.

As for the boys, ECNL finally has flexed their muscle in the playoffs with most teams in or winning their finals. CFC NEEDED to force parents to pick ECNL over NPL and it's happening at the younger ages for sure (which were stronger in a few age groups). They told their coaches to make this mirror the UNITED girls program. BTW: FSA coaches are very personable (SS and the DiTs....I agree with you on).

Love the "end of the day" hallmark card phrase, Mr McGuire! ;)

Comment

Be wary of chasing college if you cannot even make the A team.
                        There are many opportunities for ENCL2 level players as long as they target the right level programs.

Comment

Npl level at fsa is garbage

Comment

Npl level at fsa is garbage
                            Yes, this is true. And their ECNL is only technically a slight notch above.

Comment

Yes, this is true. And their ECNL is only technically a slight notch above.
                              Let me make it simple (on boys side as CFC > FSA on girls side easy)
                              FSA ECNL > CFC ECNL (not even close)
                              CFC NPL > FSA (not really) NPL (not even close)
                              CFC ECNL <= CFC NPL (at most boys age groups)... proof in 2 NPL boys selected for Generation Adidas over any CFC ECNL boys

Not opinion either. All facts. Look at records, performance, college players, etc. once again talkING BOYS HERE. Not girls side.

Comment

Let me make it simple (on boys side as CFC > FSA on girls side easy)
                                FSA ECNL > CFC ECNL (not even close)
                                CFC NPL > FSA (not really) NPL (not even close)
                                CFC ECNL <= CFC NPL (at most boys age groups)... proof in 2 NPL boys selected for Generation Adidas over any CFC ECNL boys

Not opinion either. All facts. Look at records, performance, college players, etc. once again talkING BOYS HERE. Not girls side.
                                Goodness, you made this more confusing than it was needed. A simple <,>,= was needed instead of your cluster of opinions.
                                Have you seen CFC boys play????? They couldn't ask anyone..... If the NPL boys declined, they were dressing up a couple United girls to go as boys.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X