Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It can be frustrating as a coach when you get a contact from a D1 school on a player but the player says thanks but no thanks because they want to go to a small academic school.
    Why is that frustratingly? If unsolicited d1 coaches are calling to recruit that player, that means the player will have their pick of great small d3s like Williams & Middlebury. Those would be impressive commitments just like D1.

Comment

Why is that frustratingly? If unsolicited d1 coaches are calling to recruit that player, that means the player will have their pick of great small d3s like Williams & Middlebury. Those would be impressive commitments just like D1.
      Title IX has created a buttload of work for the women's college coaches, since the supply and interest is so low in the outlier sports like women's soccer. I say we help them and all travel to destinations across the country and 'showcase' the girls so their workload is alleviated. Given the realities of supply and demand. US Club internal memo. Not for consumption by the public.

Comment

Truth. Elite club soccer is filled with wealthy girls who want to go to good academic schools. Most of those girls will choose a Williams or Whitman over a low academic d1. Money is not a worry for the majority of female soccer players. Getting a good education is more of a worry than going d1. Good academics win out in the long run.

Comment

Truth. Elite club soccer is filled with wealthy girls who want to go to good academic schools. Most of those girls will choose a Williams or Whitman over a low academic d1. Money is not a worry for the majority of female soccer players. Getting a good education is more of a worry than going d1. Good academics win out in the long run.
          Don't forget to add the value of a travel education. That's near the top as well.

Comment

I often wonder if other teams are as smart as my daughter’s team. 95% of them are wicked smart. Most of them are outstanding soccer players but have life paths that are in engineering, law and pre-med. A lot of them want to get those skills to make the world a better place.

You all can score clubs based on soccer placement if you want, but in the long run there are some much more meaningful measurements in my opinion.
            This is a good thing. College soccer is good for 3-4 years. Great education is good for a lot longer.

Comment

lol, you have got to be kidding me. that is the dumbest thing anyone, including you, has ever posted on this forum about a team.
              You SURE they are all staying after surf? Absolutely sure?

Comment

That’s impressive. This year none of the Oregon teams were in the top Surf bracket and none made it out of group play. Doesn’t bode well for next year.
                Eastside 04s actually made it out of group play but lost in the semis. They did the best. One Oregon team didn’t win a single game but the rest got a few w’s. Not too bad and got a nice trip to California!

Comment

You SURE they are all staying after surf? Absolutely sure?
                  ....huh?

Comment

Eastside 04s actually made it out of group play but lost in the semis. They did the best. One Oregon team didn’t win a single game but the rest got a few w’s. Not too bad and got a nice trip to California!
                    My players always enjoy tournaments out of state even when they lose. Fun to play new teams.

Comment

My players always enjoy tournaments out of state even when they lose. Fun to play new teams.
                      Agree. It’s a fun family vacation with soccer after doing Mt Hood for years, it was nice for a change. Now it’s on to high school.

Comment

Whose down at Surf this weekend (U14 and below)?

BU14: PCU (blue)
                        BU13: Westside (blue)
                        BU12: THUSC (black), ADF (blue). Interesting that the defending state champs were seeded into the bottom division, and THUSC was seeded much higher.
                        Don't see any local boys teams at U11 or below. (Surf goes down to U8--why?)

GU14: Nobody
                        GU13: CU ECNL (black)
                        GU12: CU ECNL (black), FCSC (white)
                        GU11 and below: Nobody

Good luck to all local teams!

Comment

Whose down at Surf this weekend (U14 and below)?

BU14: PCU (blue)
                          BU13: Westside (blue)
                          BU12: THUSC (black), ADF (blue). Interesting that the defending state champs were seeded into the bottom division, and THUSC was seeded much higher.
                          Don't see any local boys teams at U11 or below. (Surf goes down to U8--why?)

GU14: Nobody
                          GU13: CU ECNL (black)
                          GU12: CU ECNL (black), FCSC (white)
                          GU11 and below: Nobody

Good luck to all local teams!
                          Why does Surf goes to u8? I’d say “money”...

Comment

Saturday Surf Cup action:

Sand and Surf Elite (CA) 1, PCU U14 0
                            PCU U14B 6, ISC Gunners 1
                            Westside 07B Copa Red 3, Walnut Creek Surf (CA) 0
                            Strikers FC Irvine (CA) 3, THUSC 08B Gold 0
                            FC Golden State (CA) 4, ADF 08B 2

FC Salmon Creek Nemesis G07 White 1, San Jose Surf 0
                            San Diego Force 1, Nemesis G07 0
                            Beach FC 1, CU 07G Blue 0
                            LA Breakers G07 4, CU 07G Blue 0
                            Albion SCLV G08 Academy (DC) 6, CU 08G ECNL 0
                            Sting West 08G 3, CU 08G ECNL 0
                            Santa Clara Sporting 08G 0, FCSC Nemesis 08G 0
                            Nemesis 08G 0, LUFC G08 Blue Wildfire

Comment

Why does Surf goes to u8? I’d say “money”...
                              California has had U8s in tournaments and leagues for years. My son played U8 for Nomads and n the CSL. My kids are much older now and I understand that the association rules have changed. It used to be that there was a U8 league in the CSL. The league had only Bronze designations.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X