Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is a prime example of why they are not "equal". You can say that both the women are playing in CONCACAF so that they should be paid the same. But the men's CONCACAF qualifying involves at least three times as many games over a much longer time period and involves a lot more travel.
    And like with the WC, the spectator and viewership numbers for the men's event is 3 times that of the women, if not more.

Comment

so i don't understand any of this BS and sounds all convoluted by many who think they know and many who wonder what they think is right?

Is pay based on work ethic?, hours training?, hours playing?, is it based on revenue generated?, is it based on performance and winning?, is it based on a contract agreed by both parties?...is it based on all? (if yes, what are the percentages?) or based on none? sounds like a hot mess.
      It is just that. Both sides are trying to use their own numbers to make their case. the women agreed to their current contract only two years ago, after the 2016 Olympics where they didn't make the finals. Which brings up another issue - the numbers people are using are a moving target. Is it fair to use this year's numbers when they could change next year? They need one system, agreed to by both sides, that makes sense every year for several years.

Comment

The city did a nice job throwing together the lady minute shindig.

Comment

USA World Champions

It is just that. Both sides are trying to use their own numbers to make their case. the women agreed to their current contract only two years ago, after the 2016 Olympics where they didn't make the finals. Which brings up another issue - the numbers people are using are a moving target. Is it fair to use this year's numbers when they could change next year? They need one system, agreed to by both sides, that makes sense every year for several years.

not for nothing, if i was an MLS Player (LMAO) :) i would not give up any percentage of my salary for equal pay....I'm here to make as much money as I can. (aka a professional).

Comment

not for nothing, if i was an MLS Player (LMAO) :) i would not give up any percentage of my salary for equal pay....I'm here to make as much money as I can. (aka a professional).
            MAking 60k a year is not a professional.

Comment

USA World Champions

LOL....can being an idiot be a professional?

Comment

Wow, for some people, that's a lot of money.

Comment

Wow, for some people, that's a lot of money.

For who... $60k on Long Island can't afford you a basement apartment..... you still would have to live with Mommy and Daddy....

Comment

For who... $60k on Long Island can't afford you a basement apartment..... you still would have to live with Mommy and Daddy....
                    Remarkably, and I get this may be news, but not everyone lives on LonGEYElaaand. So, for many parts of the country, $60k/year is a lot of money.

Comment

Remarkably, and I get this may be news, but not everyone lives on LonGEYElaaand. So, for many parts of the country, $60k/year is a lot of money.
                      60k is not a lot of money anywhere in the US. It's a decent living in a good number of places, but not a lot of money anywhere.

Comment

60k is not a lot of money anywhere in the US. It's a decent living in a good number of places, but not a lot of money anywhere.
                        The median income in West Virginia is $43k. So, not sure how to calculate "alot", but a 40% increase sure seems like a lot to me.

Add in someone likely not long in their career, it seems even more enticing.

Comment

USA World Champions

can we assume that most people on this New York Thread is made mostly of people from Long Island?....because, i dont see how someone can buy a house and /or get a mortgage for a house on LI with $60/yr!!!!

Comment

can we assume that most people on this New York Thread is made mostly of people from Long Island?....because, i dont see how someone can buy a house and /or get a mortgage for a house on LI with $60/yr!!!!
                            My apologies. I thought this thread encompassed all of New York, not just LonGEYEslaaaand.

Median income in the Bronx - $37k

Comment

USA World Champions

My apologies. I thought this thread encompassed all of New York, not just LonGEYEslaaaand.

Median income in the Bronx - $37k
                              i'm sold.....i will pay crazy money going to susa, barca, albertson/fury for soccer training,
                              get a soccer scholarship (worth squat) compared to what a major university typically charges for a chance to play MLS soccer, make $60yr so i can live in a sh_t hole apartment complex in the Bronx!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comment

i'm sold.....i will pay crazy money going to susa, barca, albertson/fury for soccer training,
                                get a soccer scholarship (worth squat) compared to what a major university typically charges for a chance to play MLS soccer, make $60yr so i can live in a sh_t hole apartment complex in the Bronx!!!!!!!!!! :)
                                Seems unwise, but do what you want to do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X