Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which club has lost the most players this tryout season.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think that was the early read on the girls side, but it has not turned out that way, at least in the older age groups. Very solid results at tryouts and acceptance rates have been high. I knwo you want to bash them and you will continue, but the ship is not sinking.
    I don't think the older groups were ever in much jeopardy. It's the younger ones where I've heard the comments.

But, to your point, lots of comments get made about leaving and not many do. Personally, while not part of GPS I wish them well. I want them all to succeed.

Comment

Speaking with some girls this week - GPS looks to have gained several players in the 02-03 teams from SUSC. My daughter left SUSC last year and 3 of her former teammates and two others cane to GPS this tryout session and were placed on teams.

Comment

Speaking with some girls this week - GPS looks to have gained several players in the 02-03 teams from SUSC. My daughter left SUSC last year and 3 of her former teammates and two others cane to GPS this tryout session and were placed on teams.
        Don'f forget that at Seacoast and GPS the 02's are now a combined team with the 01's

Comment

Why would you move clubs at the 02 or 03 ages? Sophomore and Junior year are the most important years for college recruiting. And to leave Seacoast, which has DA and NPL to go to GPS, which only has NPL and is generally weaker on the girls side than the boys, seems a lateral move at best and a step back at worst.

Comment

Why would you move clubs at the 02 or 03 ages? Sophomore and Junior year are the most important years for college recruiting. And to leave Seacoast, which has DA and NPL to go to GPS, which only has NPL and is generally weaker on the girls side than the boys, seems a lateral move at best and a step back at worst.
            Maybe this poster feels that there is better training and a better conduit to college coaches at GPS v Seacoast. I do know that the Seacoast DA and NPL girls team were always short players with trainings of 7-8 girls. Games the DA team always had to call up NPL or 3rd team players to start a game. Could be the same at GPS, I do not know.

Comment

Maybe this poster feels that there is better training and a better conduit to college coaches at GPS v Seacoast. I do know that the Seacoast DA and NPL girls team were always short players with trainings of 7-8 girls. Games the DA team always had to call up NPL or 3rd team players to start a game. Could be the same at GPS, I do not know.
              I won’t vouch for all DA teams all the time, but the above is not true from what I saw and definitely never the case for our team.

That age is a tough one for all clubs who aren’t deep due to HS commitments

Comment

Seacoast 03 NPL always full roster

Comment

Same with 05

Comment

Same with 05
                    My bad, meant to say 05 GDA. I do believe there was a full roster last year with 05 NPL, but not so sure that will be the case this year (rumors only)

Comment

My bad, meant to say 05 GDA. I do believe there was a full roster last year with 05 NPL, but not so sure that will be the case this year (rumors only)
                      What’s the rumor? I’ve heard a couple of rumblings.

Comment

What’s the rumor? I’ve heard a couple of rumblings.
                        Not sure if there is depth to support it in Epping. May be combining efforts out of MA SUSC?

Comment

Not sure if there is depth to support it in Epping. May be combining efforts out of MA SUSC?
                          Why not? OP said they had full rosters on both the GDA and NPL last spring? What’s changed this year? Either players are not returning to the DA and players from the NPL have been pushed up. (BAD idea as the NPL only won one game in the spring) Or players are leaving the NPL for some reason(s)?

Comment

Why not? OP said they had full rosters on both the GDA and NPL last spring? What’s changed this year? Either players are not returning to the DA and players from the NPL have been pushed up. (BAD idea as the NPL only won one game in the spring) Or players are leaving the NPL for some reason(s)?
                            No idea why-didn’t ask. Wouldn’t know who to ask.

A few DA players (3?) not returning but were replaced from outside the club. Not sure where NPL team stands but fall season always has less players for HS-aged teams as they are playing HS. Possibly when the season ends it will fill out.

Comment

No idea why-didn’t ask. Wouldn’t know who to ask.

A few DA players (3?) not returning but were replaced from outside the club. Not sure where NPL team stands but fall season always has less players for HS-aged teams as they are playing HS. Possibly when the season ends it will fill out.
                              Not the OP - That’s usually the case for premier and select teams, I wouldn’t have thought they’d have to scramble to fill an NPL roster over the winter. The 05 DA team did pretty well for its first year, the 05 NPL team did not do well at all.

Comment

How bout the 02 DA and NPL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X