Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    6/25 & 6/27
    5.30pm - 7pm: U8 - U12 Boys and Girls
    7pm - 8.30pm: U13 - U18 Boys and Girls

Connecticut Sportsplex, 216 Foxon Rd,North Branford, CT
    sounds about right. One composite 13-18 team

Comment

I am talking about the new club that BJ and the coaches are starting. Have they made an announcement? Are they also holding tryouts? That would be pretty funny if they held tryouts at the same time. What does each organization walk away with? 50%???
      what's the club's name??

Comment

what's the club's name??
        “Shoreline that is not affiliated with GPS FC”

Comment

“Shoreline that is not affiliated with GPS FC”
          The knights that no longer say nincht

Comment

Has Ben made any official announcement on new club? Curious as to whether he was successful in pulling this off. Does anyone know if Shoreline will have any teams left in North Branford?

Comment

Has Ben made any official announcement on new club? Curious as to whether he was successful in pulling this off. Does anyone know if Shoreline will have any teams left in North Branford?
              why do you care? we are happy joining joiner

Comment

why do you care? we are happy joining joiner
                I think the majority of families are very happy staying with Ben. I have no issue with that. My question is whether there will now be a separate and new club with all the players following. Or will some stay with Shoreline/GPS this creating another club versus just replacing a club.

Comment

I think the majority of families are very happy staying with Ben. I have no issue with that. My question is whether there will now be a separate and new club with all the players following. Or will some stay with Shoreline/GPS this creating another club versus just replacing a club.
                  Wherever they go they have to pay rent and for that simple reason they will languish

Comment

Ben will do it and do it well. Sounds like Danny is looking for answers as nobody else cares. Another problem at Shoreline. Seems to happen all too often

Comment

Wherever they go they have to pay rent and for that simple reason they will languish
                      Would be the case for anyclub and most likely Ben would get a field at a cheaper rate than the sportsplex. Hopefully he gets a good spot and sets up shop. Ben is a great guy who build a program from scratch with little to no support from Shoreline HQ.

Comment

Ben will do it and do it well. Sounds like Danny is looking for answers as nobody else cares. Another problem at Shoreline. Seems to happen all too often
                        Sounds like Shoreline is done in North Branford. Big blustery announcement about GPS deal and now they have nothing. Club is literally cut in half and sent packing back to Greenwich. My guess is that the coaches will now start a new club and won’t have to cut in owners on anything. Should leave enough to rent some fields and pay their coaches.

Comment

Thanks Mrs Joiner. I think Ben is a very good coach. Communication and organization definitely not his strong suit. This is a train wreck about to crash into a dumpster fire. Families are quickly going to sour as they realize that they have just committed a year of soccer to a program that is completely up in the air. No home field, no insurance, no uniforms, no staff. This will not end well for anyone...

Comment

Thanks Danny.

Comment

Would be the case for anyclub and most likely Ben would get a field at a cheaper rate than the sportsplex. Hopefully he gets a good spot and sets up shop. Ben is a great guy who build a program from scratch with little to no support from Shoreline HQ.
                              Wasn’t Ben the guy that was partners with Everson? I remember reading on this board how he had a falling out with Everson and “stole” players and contacts to team up with Danny and Shoreline. Now after 5 years he is having a falling out with Danny and is doing the same thing. I don’t have a big issue with him leaving and taking the families and players with him. He is the one that built up this program over the past 5 years. The parents are smart enough and old enough to make a decision that is right for them. I do believe that this will be a very difficult effort though. Not a great staff, will have a ton of logistical hurdles and teams are not strong. Next year will be very difficult for this new venture of his.

Comment

Well said Danny Simpson! Shoreline Fc leaves another mess behind

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X