Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discussions about Pennsylvania soccer.

Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Or, the best clubs left USYS (free market system) because the system was broken. USYS did not listen to the better clubs about how to make the USYS system better. There were major issues at the time with USYS leagues. Prior to ECNL and GDA, the better clubs were always winning the Region I Prem League and Regionals. Go back and look at the scores at USYS Regionals prior to ECNL pulling out completely of USYS. You will see current ECNL or GDA clubs beating teams at regionals 14-0, 18-0. Often those clubs would coast through state cup and regional games, and it was a total waste of time and money. In the Region I Prem League, teams were driving from the Philadelphia area to Rochester, NY or West Virginia only to arrive and have games not played because of forfeits or poor field conditions. This happened year after year with the only penalty being a $500.00 fine. It was also common in Region I Leagues not to have refs. Forfeits are still an issue in the Region I Leagues, and forfeits do not happen in ECNL or GDA. Field conditions aren’t an issue either because the ECNL and GDA have clubs with turf fields, and all the ECNL or GDA clubs have their own ref assignors. USYS were not willing to make the changes, and like in any free market, a better product (ECNL) came to be, and became a better situation for the better clubs. I don’t care to debate ECNL vs. GDA, but I can tell you with certainty that they are both far better than anything else offered in the USA.
I agree. USYS should have straightened this out from the beginning. But, I want to disagree with you on one thing. Forfeits do happen in GDA. Teams from NY and VA were forced to forfeit last year. It may have been before the team traveled, but I know for a fact that my friend's kid had a game scheduled for one day and then it was cancelled the day and credited to them as a win. You can tell the forfeits because there is no game day information attached when you click on the standings and game specific information.
So USSF has allowed forfeits in the great GDA debacle.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I agree. USYS should have straightened this out from the beginning. But, I want to disagree with you on one thing. Forfeits do happen in GDA. Teams from NY and VA were forced to forfeit last year. It may have been before the team traveled, but I know for a fact that my friend's kid had a game scheduled for one day and then it was cancelled the day and credited to them as a win. You can tell the forfeits because there is no game day information attached when you click on the standings and game specific information.
So USSF has allowed forfeits in the great GDA debacle.
Big difference, Empire United and Boca United both got booted from the GDA because of it, and they won't be able to retire. GDA is new and isn't run very well. Forfeits don't happen in ECNL or your clubs gets the boot right away.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Omg these 2 complaining moms just won’t quit. Give it a rest ladies.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Omg these 2 complaining moms just won’t quit. Give it a rest ladies.
Who is complaining? Appears to be some people concerned about the future of two terrible girls clubs, FC Delco and FC Bucks.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
Who is complaining? Appears to be some people concerned about the future of two terrible girls clubs, FC Delco and FC Bucks.
If these 2 clubs are terrible then I can't imagine how horrible you must think the Ukies club must be!! Salty u are
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
If these 2 clubs are terrible then I can't imagine how horrible you must think the Ukies club must be!! Salty u are
I know that FC Bucks are seriously underachieving because of poor club direction and coaching. None of the FC Bucks ECNL teams U13 to U19 are going to qualify for ECNL post season play, not even qualify for the lowest showcase event. This is shocking, and shows how far this club has slipped. I know many of the families at FC Bucks are having a poor experience. They are spending lots of time and money, but their kids aren’t developing as players or getting help with college recruiting, which is why they are spending the money to play ECNL! Right now, FC Bucks are one of the worst clubs in the ECNL based on results, which matter. The standings are posted online for all to see. Missing out on playing at the ECNL playoffs is a big deal if you want to play in college. This was a major recruiting opportunity for the kids. Many people at FC Bucks feel they can't really do anything about it. CRUSA have the players; how and why are FC Bucks failing? Why is it that the CRUSA teams start out so strong from U8 to U12, but fall off after U13 when they move over to FC Bucks?

I know FC Delco is failing with their girls program too, and have no hope of turning it around. I also know Penn FC of Harrisburg are waiting to take their ECNL slot, and are being looked at as a welcome replacement by top ECNL clubs. I also know that US Soccer feels that Penn FC have a stable USL team and wish they were running a boys DA program in Central PA, but no change is on the horizon. Look at Penn FC working with another Harrisburg area club and gaining both boys and girls ECNL in the very near future.

All I know about Ukies is that they are a nice little private club that has a swimming pool, bar and better than average adult teams. Ukies aren't worthy of a full DA position or becoming a member of the ECNL on the girls side, but they still are doing a nice job. What I do know about Ukies is that they offer a good experience for travel/rec level soccer and continue to do well locally.

Not salty at all.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I know that FC Bucks are seriously underachieving because of poor club direction and coaching. None of the FC Bucks ECNL teams U13 to U19 are going to qualify for ECNL post season play, not even qualify for the lowest showcase event. This is shocking, and shows how far this club has slipped. I know many of the families at FC Bucks are having a poor experience. They are spending lots of time and money, but their kids aren’t developing as players or getting help with college recruiting, which is why they are spending the money to play ECNL! Right now, FC Bucks are one of the worst clubs in the ECNL based on results, which matter. The standings are posted online for all to see. Missing out on playing at the ECNL playoffs is a big deal if you want to play in college. This was a major recruiting opportunity for the kids. Many people at FC Bucks feel they can't really do anything about it. CRUSA have the players; how and why are FC Bucks failing? Why is it that the CRUSA teams start out so strong from U8 to U12, but fall off after U13 when they move over to FC Bucks?

I know FC Delco is failing with their girls program too, and have no hope of turning it around. I also know Penn FC of Harrisburg are waiting to take their ECNL slot, and are being looked at as a welcome replacement by top ECNL clubs. I also know that US Soccer feels that Penn FC have a stable USL team and wish they were running a boys DA program in Central PA, but no change is on the horizon. Look at Penn FC working with another Harrisburg area club and gaining both boys and girls ECNL in the very near future.

All I know about Ukies is that they are a nice little private club that has a swimming pool, bar and better than average adult teams. Ukies aren't worthy of a full DA position or becoming a member of the ECNL on the girls side, but they still are doing a nice job. What I do know about Ukies is that they offer a good experience for travel/rec level soccer and continue to do well locally.

Not salty at all.

Penn FC have big plans and are talking big things, but they are not even close to being ready. They want to do away with pay to play and want to be the Cedar Stars of PA, but that won't happen for a while. The USL team will be up and running in 2020 and then that will be followed by top level youth soccer. No way they will be playing ECNL or DA or whatever until 2021-22. If they can make free academy happen it would be awesome.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Default Fc bucks

To refer to the fc bucks leadership as “leadership” is a joke. The club is run by a bunch of no nothing good ole boys who are only interested in protecting themselves. Manella and Fehrle are universally despised by virtually all fc bucks parents - otherwise know as the customers. The Board knows they are terrible. Lew Spiewak knows they are terrible. Yet nothing is done. I think they are on the Board which makes it even harder to remove them and get real leaders. Leaders with vision.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
To refer to the fc bucks leadership as “leadership” is a joke. The club is run by a bunch of no nothing good ole boys who are only interested in protecting themselves. Manella and Fehrle are universally despised by virtually all fc bucks parents - otherwise know as the customers. The Board knows they are terrible. Lew Spiewak knows they are terrible. Yet nothing is done. I think they are on the Board which makes it even harder to remove them and get real leaders. Leaders with vision.
The other poster is correct about the teams not advancing to the play-offs but they failed to state an even bigger problem of kids not showing up for practice, that is when we have practice and it's not canceled. The older girls don't even go to the games anymore so even if we did make play-offs we wouldn't have enough kids that want to go. It's not just the parents that are unhappy. The thing that keeps the girls going are that they are all in a bad situation together and it's a common bond they share. It is time for new ideas.
Old 05-28-2019
Unregistered

Quote:

Not salty at all.
Keep your wife away from their coaches and don't have any expectations of playing quality competition beyond U14 and you will have a great experience at the Ukies.