Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think that if you look at this, it is always a possibility that a former college coach may always resume a college coaching career. I would commend the club for bringing in someone with her resume and her track record, even if just for a small window, as I am sure the players are pleased with their time with her and the connection they now have going into the college process.
    She notified the team via the clubs teamsnap policy of communication while the kids were in school previous to St. Marys releasing their story. The team heard from both the coach and the director prior to the public announcement and she has since spoken to the players face to face as she is coaching them this weekend.
    The team is supportive of her and her career move of returning to the college game and also appreciates their time that she gave to them while she was here. It is an exciting team.
    Fantastic opportunity to start the junior year recruiting season with no coach! Who wouldn't jump at that opportunity lol

Don't blame the coach for moving on but spinning this a benefit to the players is funny

Comment

I mean come on did anyone not see this coming? the former head coach of NOTRE DAME with several national championships deciding to coach youth soccer? yeah that makes total sense lol of course it was a pitstop, and only until UW made their decision. They went another direction so she took her second choice.

I think that if you look at this, it is always a possibility that a former college coach may always resume a college coaching career. I would commend the club for bringing in someone with her resume and her track record, even if just for a small window, as I am sure the players are pleased with their time with her and the connection they now have going into the college process.
      She notified the team via the clubs teamsnap policy of communication while the kids were in school previous to St. Marys releasing their story. The team heard from both the coach and the director prior to the public announcement and she has since spoken to the players face to face as she is coaching them this weekend.
      The team is supportive of her and her career move of returning to the college game and also appreciates their time that she gave to them while she was here. It is an exciting team.

Comment

So parents were supposed to assume coach wouldn't stick around. Ok. So obviously SU assumed she wouldn't stick around either. So what was SU's objective here?

Comment

I mean come on did anyone not see this coming? the former head coach of NOTRE DAME with several national championships deciding to coach youth soccer? yeah that makes total sense lol of course it was a pitstop, and only until UW made their decision. They went another direction so she took her second choice.
          When a coach of her caliber moves into the area, buys a house next to her family and parents, puts her kids into a new school and accepts employment you are always hopeful that person intends to stay around. However, opportunities often arise when you are least expecting it. I believe the clubs idea would be to hire quality, but they have no control over peoples life decisions.

Comment

The only place I could find any information on Romagnolo being considered for the UW job was on this forum by posters based on assumptions. If this is false, please share the source. With Gallimore's retirement announcement and Amy Griffin's move to the Reign Academy, it would appear as if UW wanted a change. But does anyone know for a fact Romagnolo wanted the job? As a respected college coach it's not hard to imagine several schools likely reached out to her since she resigned at Notre Dame.

Comment

it doesn't really make sense so that makes me think it really is just a time of flux and changing life choices for TR. if she wanted the uw job why quit notre Dame first. just wait around for an offer and stay employed. it seems like it was a genuine heartfelt life choice at the time as both her and her husband were employed at notre Dame which is a monumental decision for any household to up and quit two jobs at the same time. and like you said they put some roots down here. it could be she simply realized youth coaching and being home with the kids wasn't really doing it for her and I wouldn't fault that one bit lol

I just mean to say there's no way the master plan was to go from ND to St. Mary's with a year of youth coaching in between.

Comment

it doesn't really make sense so that makes me think it really is just a time of flux and changing life choices for TR. if she wanted the uw job why quit notre Dame first. just wait around for an offer and stay employed. it seems like it was a genuine heartfelt life choice at the time as both her and her husband were employed at notre Dame which is a monumental decision for any household to up and quit two jobs at the same time. and like you said they put some roots down here. it could be she simply realized youth coaching and being home with the kids wasn't really doing it for her and I wouldn't fault that one bit lol

I just mean to say there's no way the master plan was to go from ND to St. Mary's with a year of youth coaching in between.
                I thought they moved for her husband's job at Seattle U. But you're right -- I doubt this much upheaval was the plan.

Comment

Many cuts at 03 level. Strong athletes with long SU history & many years at ECNL level were cleared out for Surf players. I'm hearing that every new player who showed up got a spot. Girls cut had been told to work harder but not advised to consider other clubs. Really crappy way to treat teenage girls.
                  From this thread :

Unfortunately I let my emotions get the better of me and posted a few times last year, and then any criticism of certain clubs gets blamed on me. Unfortunately there's more than one unhappy parent posting here. We've found a place that works for us and hope others do as well. We've all got bigger things in the world to worry about right now.
                  http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=161906&page=8

So sour grapes mom confesses she was emotionally driven to bash SU. Everything she has said about their tryout process has happened to her dd once again except it happened at XF. Can guarantee you the girls who came over from Reign didn’t have to do much to convince JB other than send an email that they wanted to join her team. How are you not sure your daughter isn’t better than the girls who came over? Why aren’t you bashing? Is it because you’ve burned so many bridges no one wants the crazy parent you often accuse others as being on their team? Please stop posting as multiple posters and also bashing Xf on the other thread posing as someone else but revealing yourself with your confession as not being delusional. Parents at Xf are tired of you too.

Comment

man....talk about crazy.

Sounds like SU mom was caught off guard about her kid being cut. She felt the club should have been somewhat loyal after all these years and also probably feels that her kids were better than all or some of the kids replacing hers.

I think with the XF situation, she is matured some and also knows the girls that are coming over are really talented.

No reason to keep piling it on. Since you know who she is, why dont you reveal yourself?

Comment

man....talk about crazy.

Sounds like SU mom was caught off guard about her kid being cut. She felt the club should have been somewhat loyal after all these years and also probably feels that her kids were better than all or some of the kids replacing hers.

I think with the XF situation, she is matured some and also knows the girls that are coming over are really talented.

No reason to keep piling it on. Since you know who she is, why dont you reveal yourself?
                      How would you know all this? Stop pretending to be another poster.

Comment

How would you know all this? Stop pretending to be another poster.
                        I read the boards every day. This is just common sense reading between the lines.

Comment

I read the boards every day. This is just common sense reading between the lines.
                          Other than your comments, every comment here is written by the same poster, including this one. This entire forum is a performance art project on steroids, and you've been a wonderful audience.

Be sure to tip your waiter.

Comment

Right, seems obvious former SU mom was disgruntled and went a bit over the top a year ago, and some psycho XF parent with an axe to grind decided to dredge the issue up a year later. Don’t have a kid at either club or any knowledge of the underlying situation.

Comment

Right, seems obvious former SU mom was disgruntled and went a bit over the top a year ago, and some psycho XF parent with an axe to grind decided to dredge the issue up a year later. Don’t have a kid at either club or any knowledge of the underlying situation.
                              Both the same person. Except the known identity is outwardly being pro-positive XF now that they've been outed and doesn't want to ruin it for her kid anymore than she already has. She has a habit of saying, "what I heard... what parents are saying...." She implies her daughter is a game changer of a player. She's been a bubble player for years on ECNL teams and Reign. The problem always lies with the coaches and club, but not herself or the fact her dd isn't as elite as she spouts her to be. XF parents this present season did not appreciate how she marketed her kid as being so amazing on this board when it was far from true.

Comment

From this thread :

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...=161906&page=8

So sour grapes mom confesses she was emotionally driven to bash SU. Everything she has said about their tryout process has happened to her dd once again except it happened at XF. Can guarantee you the girls who came over from Reign didn’t have to do much to convince JB other than send an email that they wanted to join her team. How are you not sure your daughter isn’t better than the girls who came over? Why aren’t you bashing? Is it because you’ve burned so many bridges no one wants the crazy parent you often accuse others as being on their team? Please stop posting as multiple posters and also bashing Xf on the other thread posing as someone else but revealing yourself with your confession as not being delusional. Parents at Xf are tired of you too.
                                This comment is bizarre, truly. Yes, the situation at SU a full year ago was emotional, and there were a lot of nuances to it that don't need to be rehashed a full year later on a message board when most folks have moved on. I don't know about you, but I have more things to do than pretend to be a bunch of different people on a board. This year's situation feels quite different. As I said on the other thread, we are happy at XF and for the opportunity to be part of their program. The program is competitive but feels organized and well run. No surprise that with the collapse of the DA that an influx of strong players came over, but my dd has always felt respected and supported by her Xfire coach and enjoyed this season while it lasted. You can't ask for more than that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X