Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to get my little Mia involved in pre-pre-ecnl. She's 4 years old. Is that possible?
    If she is a stud player the coaches will find her. Just keep tearing up little kickers and she will get recruited by 5 tops.

Comment

Why is it a money grab? These will be the NE NPL teams so will they start charging those families more for this?
      or will it be the current ECNL west teams aka mix of last years Northeast NPL teams and the left over girls from Stars DA? All second team players from that debacle the previous year.

Then does that mean possible relegation of Northeast current NPL into New England Premier NPL?

Comment

or will it be the current ECNL west teams aka mix of last years Northeast NPL teams and the left over girls from Stars DA? All second team players from that debacle the previous year.

Then does that mean possible relegation of Northeast current NPL into New England Premier NPL?
        No. You misunderstand - these new leagues always mean more teams and more players - never ever less. More more and more. always.

Comment

No. You misunderstand - these new leagues always mean more teams and more players - never ever less. More more and more. always.
          It won't be more... It will be the same. They are just re-naming the Northeast NPL. Everyone can relax.

Comment

It won't be more... It will be the same. They are just re-naming the Northeast NPL. Everyone can relax.
            The only thing there is more of is marketing and money willing to be spent as a result of it.

Comment

Do stars and PDA not get a 2nd team each in ECNL2 as well? It is "All in" with this league - literally - seems every single player out there can now be in this league.

Comment

it's a money maker - another way to pull kids out of DA and for ECNL clubs to play for fields, indoor facilities and club houses.

Comment

Do stars and PDA not get a 2nd team each in ECNL2 as well? It is "All in" with this league - literally - seems every single player out there can now be in this league.
                  PDA already has two teams in every ECNL age group and Northeast NPL age group as well. Stars has two ECNL teams and one NPL team. I’m sure next year they will have two as well in the new Regional ECNL. It’s about numbers as well. These are big clubs that continue to grow. Entire teams move over. PDA and Stars have the players to put these teams together. If you look at the standings they are doing well with both ECNL teams and their NPL teams with some at the top of the brackets in both.

ECNL clubs already have 1st team in ECNL and 2nd team in Northeast NPL in this area. Those clubs will move their NPL teams to Regional ECNL. New England NPL will stay in NPL and those teams will stay, yes Stars does have a team in that league as well but they don’t identify as NPL since New England NPL is really just the top of the NEP bracket (old NEP “premiership”). I bet now they will name those teams NPL since the other will be ECNL2 or whatever.

Everyone can calm down. Let your kid play where they love to play and move on. Yes clubs grow and if they can support the teams then whatever. My kid doesn’t play for Stars and doesn’t want to right now. There may come a time when we think the switch will be warranted but for now she’s young and team is more local. I for one think growing clubs is a good thing.

Comment

PDA already has two teams in every ECNL age group and Northeast NPL age group as well. Stars has two ECNL teams and one NPL team. I’m sure next year they will have two as well in the new Regional ECNL. It’s about numbers as well. These are big clubs that continue to grow. Entire teams move over. PDA and Stars have the players to put these teams together. If you look at the standings they are doing well with both ECNL teams and their NPL teams with some at the top of the brackets in both.

ECNL clubs already have 1st team in ECNL and 2nd team in Northeast NPL in this area. Those clubs will move their NPL teams to Regional ECNL. New England NPL will stay in NPL and those teams will stay, yes Stars does have a team in that league as well but they don’t identify as NPL since New England NPL is really just the top of the NEP bracket (old NEP “premiership”). I bet now they will name those teams NPL since the other will be ECNL2 or whatever.

Everyone can calm down. Let your kid play where they love to play and move on. Yes clubs grow and if they can support the teams then whatever. My kid doesn’t play for Stars and doesn’t want to right now. There may come a time when we think the switch will be warranted but for now she’s young and team is more local. I for one think growing clubs is a good thing.
                    Ots a good thing for the clubs I guess. Don't really see how it is good for the players. I guess It's fine for the players if they are not sacrifing anything to do it. The soccer is not special and the cost and travel are extensive so just understand that.

Comment

Many clubs don't have the player pools to run 2 ECNL and/or 2 NPL teams. I suspect for most clubs it will remain as it is - ECNL (A team) and ECNL RL (B team) just as it is now. the B teams are just no longer under NPL, which can't make NPL too happy.

Comment

Many clubs don't have the player pools to run 2 ECNL and/or 2 NPL teams. I suspect for most clubs it will remain as it is - ECNL (A team) and ECNL RL (B team) just as it is now. the B teams are just no longer under NPL, which can't make NPL too happy.
                        Of course not, but who cares? They are only "Premier". If they were "Elite", their opinion would matter.

Comment

ecnl

So do FC Stars and PDA get to keep two ECNL teams and have a third team in ECNL RL while everyone else gets one ECNL team and one ECNL RL team?
                          not sure about PDA, but fc stars will have two regular ecnl teams, and two regional ecnl teams.

Comment

not sure about PDA, but fc stars will have two regular ecnl teams, and two regional ecnl teams.
                            Same there.

Wolf in charge of the henhouse and serving chicken for dinner.

Comment

Same there.

Wolf in charge of the henhouse and serving chicken for dinner.
                              Cue the "mafia" posts... so predictable

Comment

Cue the "mafia" posts... so predictable
                                bwaack-bwaack-bwaaaaack

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X