Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh, but the prep school ones did give up HS, right?
    What? Huh? The point is that they DID NOT give up HS. They got to play in the Fall.

Comment

For the past 5 years that I’ve seen. The u-littles that graduated or are graduating this year have been their chosen 10%. You people complain when the Prep kids come back and take the starting jobs over and don’t sacrifice HS. Those kids are your chosen ones and didn’t quit as a previous poster stated.
      High school is crap soccer college coaches not recruiting in that pipeline anyone who has played knows or is kick and run toe ball at best no one gives two ****s about prep school soccer either sorry hand bag mafia

Comment

High school is crap soccer college coaches not recruiting in that pipeline anyone who has played knows or is kick and run toe ball at best no one gives two ****s about prep school soccer either sorry hand bag mafia
        Put down the drink and hand your keys to a friend...if you have one. Please read the prior posts, idiot. Nobody is claiming the play of HS soccer or recruiting at a HS. Please learn to follow along or just go back to making silly comments...I'll wait for a "because" or "s**k this toe ball" "sorry hand bag mafia". SMH

Comment

There you go again. Criteria is the potential of being the best of the group. You keep complaining about the brown nosing and it’s your kids ability that isn’t there. Some kids have more than others. It’s that simple. If DF or RD didn’t give you the line to their bat phone, then you aren’t Commissioner Gordon. You just another parent of an average kid.
          Well never been a chosen one but we have seen them come and go and still here. Maybe it is better that way, who knows?

Comment

Let me help you translate:

High school is crap soccer. College coaches (do) not recruit in that pipeline. Everyone who has played knows (that)kick and run, toe balling (doesn't work). At best, no one gives two ****es about prep school soccer either, sorry hand bag mafia.

Phew! that was a lot of corrections!

Comment

soccer

The whole high school soccer is kick and run etc... is kind of tired. No it isnt as good as club soccer with kids who have played together for many, many years. It is a short season and a mixture of kids from 4 different years. Of course it doesn't look as smooth as the 2004 club team that is on their 8th season together...

We have an above average at best high school team on our town. There isnt a girl in the starting lineup that doesn't play club soccer. There are multiple ecnl players, multiple other cfc and other club girls. The JV team has 8-10 club players.

It is the same girls playing high school and club. Just a different mix. The attitude that high school players are rec players is so ridiculous. And yes I know college coaches arent taking the time to drive around to high school games. The major club tourneys are where all recruiting happens, I get it. Still the same girls and high school soccer is a ton of fun for the players...

Comment

The whole high school soccer is kick and run etc... is kind of tired. No it isnt as good as club soccer with kids who have played together for many, many years. It is a short season and a mixture of kids from 4 different years. Of course it doesn't look as smooth as the 2004 club team that is on their 8th season together...

We have an above average at best high school team on our town. There isnt a girl in the starting lineup that doesn't play club soccer. There are multiple ecnl players, multiple other cfc and other club girls. The JV team has 8-10 club players.

It is the same girls playing high school and club. Just a different mix. The attitude that high school players are rec players is so ridiculous. And yes I know college coaches arent taking the time to drive around to high school games. The major club tourneys are where all recruiting happens, I get it. Still the same girls and high school soccer is a ton of fun for the players...
                Nobody reads long posts

Comment

Agreed not all HS is rec level - many schools have a lot of club players and professional coaches (not the stereotyped history coach). But many do not and is poor quality. However, even then, HS is still a draw to many. Our is only ok but there was no way my D was walking away from it.

Comment

Agreed not all HS is rec level - many schools have a lot of club players and professional coaches (not the stereotyped history coach). But many do not and is poor quality. However, even then, HS is still a draw to many. Our is only ok but there was no way my D was walking away from it.
                    Many kids and parents of GDA teams can justify HS soccer as bad soccer have a point, but seem more afraid to out their kid I to the situation if having to be the man and shoulder the load. Most of these supposed top players would be exposed if they had to step up and carry a team rather than take 2 touches and play the ball safely backwards. Sorry, while I agree HS soccer has a lot of warts, I love the fact that my kids are busting their butts for pride trying to be leaders and win games (and sometimes trying not to get embarrassed). Kids learn a lot by playing in a variety of game types .... Although, I suppose with many if the GDA scores that I have seen, there may not be much if a difference. Let your kids try and fail (or succeed) ..... They will be fine either way and learn a lot from a different perspective ..... And they might just have a ton of fun again and learn to re-love the game.

Comment

Oakwood tryouts - saying that there is immediate opportunity to make/play with 2003 and 2004 teams. Out of interest, have those teams needed players all year or are these new openings?

Comment

Oakwood tryouts - saying that there is immediate opportunity to make/play with 2003 and 2004 teams. Out of interest, have those teams needed players all year or are these new openings?
                        Full DA squads or Pre-Academy? I’m guessing pre-Academy...

Comment

those teams were short players in the fall.

Comment

Yeah, after a 1 year experiment, the HS freshmen figured they could now make varsity so they opted for HS instead of GDA and left.

Comment

REALLY short.

Comment

Stop stirring pot CFC Oakwood has more commits than your awful 03 team

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X