Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So in other words you're just like the GOP in DC. It's all about screwing the other side rather than doing what's best for your constituents or country. Got it.
    let me reiterate;

1. I did not vote for Hillary.
    2. I am enjoying the Trump year so far.
    3. I actually like, in principle, what he is doing. I don't like listening to him or his staff.
    4. I more enjoy watching liberal people act crazy about how the 'sky is falling'. Now this is entertainment!!

It is about doing what, I hope, is best for this country. I didn't feel that we were heading in the right direction, so, in the words of Deval Patrick, I was looking for 'hope and change'.

ObamaCare was a was going to be an increasing disaster. A new healthcare will not cause the sky to fall.
    I don't believe that Sanctuary cities should exist and should never receive federal money
    I don't believe in anchor babies. if your parents are legal citizens then you can be too....otherwise, just being born here does not grant you citizenship.
    I did not like have a pro radical muslim in the white house
    I love the stance that the Trump team has taken with the UN regarding the middle east.
    I think the public pension program should be scrapped and public employees should invest and save the way the rest of us do.
    I don't have a problem improving relations with USSR and China....especially if those two countries can exert a controlling influence on North Korea.

.....and....yes.....I am enjoying watching the liberal lefties show how intolerant they are, show how racist and elitist they are.

We probably agree that the senators and house reps should take whatever they vote for i.e. healthcare.

Comment

One third of all Americans under 65 have at least one preexisting condition. The list is mind frightening.

http://time.com/money/4763609/pre-ex...lflow_facebook
      So much misinformation out there.

The Democrats' Pre-Existing Condition Scam
      http://www.investors.com/politics/co...ondition-scam/

Ninety-six percent of people who have to buy their own insurance stand to benefit from this bill, which will likely drive down premiums by double digits.

The remaining 4% — those with pre-existing conditions — will be protected by a federal fund to subsidize their insurance costs. They won't get priced out of the market, because the fund will pay the lion's share of their premiums.

....There is a consensus that people with pre-existing conditions should be able to get insurance. The issue is who pays the hefty price tag. ObamaCare forced healthy buyers in the individual market to foot the entire bill. That's why their premiums have doubled since the law went into effect.

The new House bill sets up a fairer way: a $130 billion pot of money, federally funded, to pay for people with pre-existing conditions. The entire nation chips in, not just people stuck in the individual market.

Under ObamaCare, the healthy and the chronically ill paid the same premiums. It's called community pricing. Healthy people would never meet their sky-high deductibles. Instead the premiums extorted from them would be used to cover huge medical bills for the chronically ill, who consume 10 times as much medical care.

In fact, Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini reports that less than 5 percent of ObamaCare enrollees consume over half of the health care.

.....How many people will need help? Not as many as Democrats claim. Before ObamaCare, 250,000 people a year with pre-existing conditions were denied coverage for health reasons by major insurers. In 2010, when the ACA established a temporary program for people not being served by state high-risk programs, another 115,000 got help. Adding the two figures together, count on 365,000 people to need help paying for their premiums because of their medical histories. To be safe, call it 400,000.

Comment

So in other words you're just like the GOP in DC. It's all about screwing the other side rather than doing what's best for your constituents or country. Got it.
        Do you forget we're in this mess because Democrats ignored any suggestions Republicans made to avoid exactly what Republicans predicted would happen (and has happened) when Democrats crammed Obamacare down our throats???

Comment

It's only if you've had a lapse in coverage. Employer provided is not affected. Get a job.
          Unlike ObamaCare, The GOP Health Bill Wasn't Built On Lies And False Promises

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...alse-promises/

What about ObamaCare's seemingly all-important "pre-existing condition" protections? That's been the focus of most of the anti-GOP vitriol.

The truth is that the vast majority of people already had these protections before ObamaCare went into effect — either because they got insurance through work or some other group plan, or directly from the government.

The only market that didn't was the individual market — which accounts for about 7.5% of all insured.

But providing this protection in the individual market has proved hugely problematic, because it makes it too easy for people to avoid buying insurance until after they get sick, which raises costs and pushes still more healthy people out of the market.

Half a dozen states tried this "guaranteed issue" protection in the 1990s only to abandon it after their insurance markets started to collapse — in precisely the same way the ObamaCare's markets are collapsing now.

Comment

ObamaCare did not get to where it was supposed to be. Rising premiums, reduced selection, rising costs for the consumer have and will continue to force patients to seek less health care....not more. More than 4,000/5,000 counties across the country have a no-choice health care i.e. single payer. This number was rising exponentially with ObamaCare.

This reduces governmental costs, which was the ultimate goal along with creating a single payer system and a mediocre health care state like other countries across the globe. Are Americans ready to tell grandma, grandpa, dad and mom that after 80 you aren't going to have any advanced health care???

Nancy Pelosi said of ObamaCare, 'you will know what you have after it is voted in'.

Now we have TrumpCare....or is it RyanCare?? It might not be much different than ObamaCare except increase the role of private insurance companies and reduce that of the Government....the latter of course will be difficult to do.

Face it....we won't get a fair and true healthcare system until it also becomes that of our Senate and House of Reps. Whatever is created and voted in, is what they get too. What is good for the public should be good for them. After all, they are public officials and are paid by the public Kennedy did an massive disservice to the people when he help create the 'Federal Health Care Plan' for the senators and representatives. It should disappear.
            House Unanimously Passes McSally Bill Striking AHCA Exemptions for Members of Congress

https://mcsally.house.gov/media-cent...ptions-members

Comment

The problem of course is the high cost of health care, which drives up the cost of insurance. Insurance is not health care- this is all about how to pay for the unregulated costs of doctors, procedures, and drugs. Do I want to pay for your nasty habits? No I don't so I am happy that $1 trillion of taxes were cut from Obamacare.

The liberals in MA have not figured out Donald Trump. He is not a Republican and the people who support him hate the Rhinos in office. The bill passed the house, where Ryan leads, so that he may have some credit, but his control is lost now. The Senate will modify the legislation, like it always does, to meet the items that Trump wants. I love the media and social media on the game of modifying their message until the whole country is in a panic. Now, pre-existing conditions are not going to be covered at all. God people are so stupid.
              Please check this passage out and think through the ramifications

"In addition to the tax shifts, some of the biggest changes will come to MassHealth. The state's expensive Medicaid program is on track to cover 30 percent of the state's population by next year and comprise 40 percent of the state budget. MassHealth will see a spending increase of nearly $1 billion in fiscal year 2018, counting state and federal money." From the article "Gov. Charlie Baker to propose $40.5 billion FY18 state budget"

Comment

I don't think this will pass through the Senate but if by some fluke it does, anyone else concerned how this will impact soccer players with pre-existing conditions?
                Pre-existing conditions is a red-herring. If you get insurance through your company it's not an issue. If you get insurance privately, it's still not an issue unless you have chosen to NOT have insurance until you needed it. As long as you maintain continuous coverage privately you can switch companies all you want and not be charged more for having a pre-existing condition or to have it not be covered. It's only if you drop your coverage for more than a month and then try getting insurance back that you have a problem, and if you know there is something wrong with you, there is a simple fix, don't drop your coverage.

Comment

Right now we are putting 18-19 yo kids on disability because of their heroin addition and we literally get thousands upon thousands high a day with methadone on the tax payers dime.

Comment

Pre-existing conditions is a red-herring. If you get insurance through your company it's not an issue. If you get insurance privately, it's still not an issue unless you have chosen to NOT have insurance until you needed it. As long as you maintain continuous coverage privately you can switch companies all you want and not be charged more for having a pre-existing condition or to have it not be covered. It's only if you drop your coverage for more than a month and then try getting insurance back that you have a problem, and if you know there is something wrong with you, there is a simple fix, don't drop your coverage.
                    Easier said than done.

Comment

Easier said than done.
                      So who should shoulder the responsibility for those that let their coverage lapse? I pay for mine why should I pay for theirs?

Comment

Right now we are putting 18-19 yo kids on disability because of their heroin addition and we literally get thousands upon thousands high a day with methadone on the tax payers dime.
                        Your family has clearly escaped the curse of having a member afflicted with this malicious, deadly condition. Would not wish it on any family.

Comment

So who should shoulder the responsibility for those that let their coverage lapse? I pay for mine why should I pay for theirs?
                          Screw em - their problem. Since those working class kids will not have the money to take advantage of the generous "access" they will have to insurance they will likely not be playing youth soccer.

Less competition for the affluent prince and princesses to be crowned the "best" players.

Comment

You should run for Congress.

Comment

Your family has clearly escaped the curse of having a member afflicted with this malicious, deadly condition. Would not wish it on any family.
                              All they are doing is throwing money at the opiod issue to shut people like you up. "Harm reduction" is a joke. Should have to come in with a clean urine if you want your methadone.

Comment

It's called personal responsibility

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X