Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North East Girls Development League (NEGDL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a waste

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This person gets it
    Waste is a relative term, not an absolute. What is a waste to one, is an essential to another.

I believe that kids need a few things to develop into well rounded adults.

1. A happy childhood
    2. A good education
    3. Confidence
    4. Social exposure
    5. Problem solving skills
    6. Self Discipline and responsibility

All the above are not absolute requirements, but the more of them you hit the greater the chances of a successful happy life.

Many of the conversation pieces surrounding these leagues, the travel, the costs, the ELITE 'ness' of it all... they are missing the point.

All a parent has to do, all I do, is ask myself in every decision I make for my daughter, is whether or not I'm on track to deliver the above. If I am, and my decisions are made with the above in mind, then whatever she does, is not a waste.

There are no D1, aspirations, or USWMNT aspirations with parents, those are bred from within the kids themselves and nurtured by their spirits and their potential.

But you would be doing a tremendous disservice to your child to prevent her from participating in anything because of the weight or size of her mother, or the athleticism of her father.

Genes are important of course in the end product of the truly elite athletes of the world, but they are not determinants in any child getting what they need from any environment to grow, develop, and mature into a well rounded adult.

Comment

Blog

Waste is a relative term, not an absolute. What is a waste to one, is an essential to another.

1. A happy childhood
      2. A good education
      3. Confidence
      4. Social exposure

All the above are not absolute requirements, but the more of them you hit the greater the chances of a successful happy life.

Many of the conversation pieces surrounding these leagues, the travel, the costs, the ELITE 'ness' of it all... they are missing the point.

All a parent has to do, all I do, is ask myself in every decision I make for my daughter, is whether or not I'm on track to deliver the above. If I am, and my decisions are made with the above in mind, then whatever she does, is not a waste.

There are no D1, aspirations, or USWMNT aspirations with parents, those are bred from within the kids themselves and nurtured by their spirits and their potential.

But you would be doing a tremendous disservice to your child to prevent her from participating in anything because of the weight or size of her mother, or the athleticism of her father.

Genes are important of course in the end product of the truly elite athletes of the world, but they are not determinants in any child getting what they need from any environment to grow, develop, and mature into a well rounded adult.

damn that was a good read, you should have a blog.

Comment

1. A happy childhood
        2. A good education
        3. Confidence
        4. Social exposure

Give your three grand to Oakwood so little Brittany can enjoy the experience.

They’ll drop her like a bad habit at u15 and you can head back to Hartwell.

You’ll cherish the memories of time well spent in the Courtyard in Farmingdale, NY

Spare us your bull****. Kids these age don’t need this travel

Comment

1. A happy childhood
          2. A good education
          3. Confidence
          4. Social exposure

I'm depressed now.... Thanks :(

Comment

You’ll cherish the memories of time well spent in the Courtyard in Farmingdale, NY

Thank you for caring so much about kids you’ll never know. Thank you for your relentless efforts to try and protect kids you’ll never know. You are the parent that all parents aspire to be. I wish I had the strength like you to convince parents on the direction they should go with their child. Maybe I can save the world one child at a time to eventually get to your level.

Comment

Her name is Mia, not Brittany.

Comment

Thank you for caring so much about kids you’ll never know. Thank you for your relentless efforts to try and protect kids you’ll never know. You are the parent that all parents aspire to be. I wish I had the strength like you to convince parents on the direction they should go with their child. Maybe I can save the world one child at a time to eventually get to your level.
                My my. Here you are again. Feel better yet? Did you get it all off your chest?

Comment

Not Oakwood

Geez, you've got some hidden anger. My daughter doesn't play at Oakwood; apologies if that disrupts the gaze of your anger.

While I'm sure you'll keep close tabs on this new league, a focus perhaps away from where your child is participating, it BEGINS soon and we'll make sure to keep you abreast of its wonders and pitfalls.

I guess my point is, I'd rather see people TRY then NOT TRY. Success is not guaranteed, but effort is appreciated and USUALLY leads to success.

What DOES NOT lead to success, is bitterness, jealousy, resentment, and general negativity. A few traits that you seem to share with all with ease and pleasure.

Good luck to all, including you, I hope your club and your focus continues to try new things in the grand effort of making the experiences for the kids better and more focused to their goals.

Comment

All this could have been avoided if the ECNL hadn't come a long to create their own closed league and shut out quality clubs from participating however many years ago.

A local league for girls could have easily consisted of the top teams from Albertson Fury, World Class, SUSA, NYSC, CFC, Manhattan, Cedar Stars & EMSC.

The reason this cannot occur is 100% because of the ECNL's grabbing the area, marketing themselves well and enabling the member clubs to close the books on any new team coming in.

Comment

Geez, you've got some hidden anger. My daughter doesn't play at Oakwood; apologies if that disrupts the gaze of your anger.

While I'm sure you'll keep close tabs on this new league, a focus perhaps away from where your child is participating, it BEGINS soon and we'll make sure to keep you abreast of its wonders and pitfalls.

I guess my point is, I'd rather see people TRY then NOT TRY. Success is not guaranteed, but effort is appreciated and USUALLY leads to success.

What DOES NOT lead to success, is bitterness, jealousy, resentment, and general negativity. A few traits that you seem to share with all with ease and pleasure.

Good luck to all, including you, I hope your club and your focus continues to try new things in the grand effort of making the experiences for the kids better and more focused to their goals.
                      And just like that Oakwood has another nut job parent that can carry on defending the club's honor for a few years.

Awesome!~

Comment

All this could have been avoided if the ECNL hadn't come a long to create their own closed league and shut out quality clubs from participating however many years ago.

A local league for girls could have easily consisted of the top teams from Albertson Fury, World Class, SUSA, NYSC, CFC, Manhattan, Cedar Stars & EMSC.

The reason this cannot occur is 100% because of the ECNL's grabbing the area, marketing themselves well and enabling the member clubs to close the books on any new team coming in.
                        Kind of like what USSF did for the boys a year or two earlier, right? ... and then again for girls 2 years ago?!

Comment

Kind of like what USSF did for the boys a year or two earlier, right? ... and then again for girls 2 years ago?!
                          Everyone is terrible.

Comment

I will say however that at least USSF is a sanctioning body whereas ECNL is a situation where the clubs run the board and decisions are made to protect their own financial interests more than anything else. If a club proves they can field top teams and compete they should be given the opportunity to do so, whether it be in ECNL or DA. Now we have ECNL clubs protecting their share in an area and on the other side USSF bending over backwards to make some clubs (MLS) happier than others. Two sides of the same coin, I guess.

Comment

I will say however that at least USSF is a sanctioning body whereas ECNL is a situation where the clubs run the board and decisions are made to protect their own financial interests more than anything else. If a club proves they can field top teams and compete they should be given the opportunity to do so, whether it be in ECNL or DA. Now we have ECNL clubs protecting their share in an area and on the other side USSF bending over backwards to make some clubs (MLS) happier than others. Two sides of the same coin, I guess.
                              USSF is the only governing body in the world that runs their own, for-profit league. What does that tell you about them?

Comment

USSF is in it for the money and power just as much as the next guy. They pretend to be above it all and all about the game, but they're not. Sad that some like you still believe their PR spin.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X