Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You can also check top drawer soccer. At least 340 D1 verbal commits. I’m sure there are more though cuz I don’t see some of the ones from Stars.
    All reported by families or clubs

Comment

All reported by families or clubs
      And stats aren’t always true. Have seen players we know who input false gpa and accomplishment data. Take the info with a grain of salt. I am curious to see if the colleges do their homework after the varsity blues scandal and make recruits correct lies about grades and accomplishments. Some universities might even rescind admissions for lying about qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
        And stats aren’t always true. Have seen players we know who input false gpa and accomplishment data. Take the info with a grain of salt. I am curious to see if the colleges do their homework after the varsity blues scandal and make recruits correct lies about grades and accomplishments. Some universities might even rescind admissions for lying about qualifications.
        Yes, you can tell on topdrawer who inputs information and who does not. Most schools that care about academics follow the players and get school transcripts, so there are no surprises at the end.

Comment

Yes, you can tell on topdrawer who inputs information and who does not. Most schools that care about academics follow the players and get school transcripts, so there are no surprises at the end.
          No one is getting in to any decent school without verified grades and test scores, athlete or non athlete alike. All the so called volunteer work etc is where there's a lot of "fluff". Schools don't have the time to verify that stuff, but you also shouldn't lie and run the risk of getting caught

Comment

No one is getting in to any decent school without verified grades and test scores, athlete or non athlete alike. All the so called volunteer work etc is where there's a lot of "fluff". Schools don't have the time to verify that stuff, but you also shouldn't lie and run the risk of getting caught
            You know nothing. Early recruitment should have shown you that you are completely wrong. Kids were getting offers in the 8th grade before they even had their first high school test or took anything like an SAT. The fact that there weren't wholesale stories of colleges reneging on those early "commitments" proves the point. Please go back to scaring the people whose kid's don't have enough talent to get recruited. They are the only ones who actually have to worry about grades and test scores. True D1 prospects really do not.

Comment

You know nothing. Early recruitment should have shown you that you are completely wrong. Kids were getting offers in the 8th grade before they even had their first high school test or took anything like an SAT. The fact that there weren't wholesale stories of colleges reneging on those early "commitments" proves the point. Please go back to scaring the people whose kid's don't have enough talent to get recruited. They are the only ones who actually have to worry about grades and test scores. True D1 prospects really do not.
              Under new rules 8th graders won't be committing. Technically no offers until Aug 1 going into your junior year. That's two years of grades and scores if you take it in time (which you better). Any admissions office can deny admittance if they chose to. Coaches can push under qualifiers but ultimately admissions has the final say. Coaches only push a few players they really want and the rest have to get in on their own. The reason why not many offers get pulled is 1) most players by and large will target academics pretty decently 2) coaches won't give offers if they're pretty sure the kid has no shot of getting in. But offers do get pulled. Not surprisingly families don't advertise it.

And your "true" D1 prospect comment? Very few MA players few crack the rosters of top soccer programs, as have been discussed many times on this board.

Comment

The lies I know of were gpa and soccer accolades. They committed to a P5 State school with low gpa requirements so I’m sure the actual transcript will be fine but to lie on top drawer to say you’re a 4.0 student and made elite teams that you didn’t is sad. Everyone in her high school and soccer community know the truth. Parental egos can be ugly. Also makes you wonder what else they’ve lied about.

Comment

The lies I know of were gpa and soccer accolades. They committed to a P5 State school with low gpa requirements so I’m sure the actual transcript will be fine but to lie on top drawer to say you’re a 4.0 student and made elite teams that you didn’t is sad. Everyone in her high school and soccer community know the truth. Parental egos can be ugly. Also makes you wonder what else they’ve lied about.
                  I’m sorry to show my ignorance, but what is PS state school?

Comment

Power 5 conference

Comment

PS state school - One his daughter had no chance at playing for soo still angry.Relax little man.

Comment

P5. I know a 2020 that fits the description but not a 2021.

Comment

OP here and I wasn't singling any one player out, just general truths. Clearly you have a grudge against someone. In general it is dumb to lie on anything coaches will see. Saying you have a 4.0 when its really a 3.9 ok, but not if it's a 3.5. Eventually it all comes out

Comment

Top drawer is called sock drawer for a reason. It’s mostly just self reported stuff that could be made up. Crazy to lie but soccer parents are crazy. The star ratings are all whacked out too but it can be useful to see who is committed where. Since it’s self reported, lots of commits aren’t even on there though. Take it all with a grain of salt, like Got Soccer rankings. It’s futbol not football so no one in the colleges or anywhere else really cares.

Comment

Huge frustration for us is when my dd writes college coaches, they watch her play, she follows up, they ghost her except to constantly send her generic ID camp invites. Would be more honest if they would remove her from their mailing list or just flat out said they don’t think she would be a good fit.

Comment

Huge frustration for us is when my dd writes college coaches, they watch her play, she follows up, they ghost her except to constantly send her generic ID camp invites. Would be more honest if they would remove her from their mailing list or just flat out said they don’t think she would be a good fit.
                                It's her first taste of what job hunting is like. Similar principles apply - go for the best fit, not necessarily your dream job/team. You're much more likely to succeed

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X