X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the books.

Memorial Park in Wilsonville is trash. Just too much use. Club Teams practice, adult league, Nike Cup and now Mt Hood. Good they had the hoody tent set up but selection of tie-dye was weak. At least they had a stage and were doing Official Photo's unlike Nike Cup. Had a couple games at PCC rock creek. Good facility.

Made it the entire weekend not having to park.
    I paid $10 to park and there were no spots left. Ended up having to leave and park down the street. I had to walk a minimum of 10 min to each field. I put a lot of miles on my truck this weekend. Our coach told us that we won’t be coming back. It’s not as good as it once was a few years back. It’s a terrible event now

Comment

These fields were great- Snyder Park, West Linn High School, Wilsonville High School, Eastside Timbers. Cook Park was nice that it was grass(!), but getting out of the park was a longish wait of traffic, but so it goes. We never paid a parking fee. I met an assigned facility manager at 3/4 fields and they said they had one for every field in fact. The bathrooms were clean and always available. The Medal Ceremony was nice and the professional picture which will be posted and downloadable at no charge was a bonus! Reffing all tournament long was solid. Never late and three refs per game. No complaints other than grass fields should be as much as possible in the heat of summer.

Comment

These fields were great- Snyder Park, West Linn High School, Wilsonville High School, Eastside Timbers. Cook Park was nice that it was grass(!), but getting out of the park was a longish wait of traffic, but so it goes. We never paid a parking fee. I met an assigned facility manager at 3/4 fields and they said they had one for every field in fact. The bathrooms were clean and always available. The Medal Ceremony was nice and the professional picture which will be posted and downloadable at no charge was a bonus! Reffing all tournament long was solid. Never late and three refs per game. No complaints other than grass fields should be as much as possible in the heat of summer.
        Fake News.

Comment

I paid $10 to park and there were no spots left. Ended up having to leave and park down the street. I had to walk a minimum of 10 min to each field. I put a lot of miles on my truck this weekend. Our coach told us that we won’t be coming back. It’s not as good as it once was a few years back. It’s a terrible event now
          Let’s be fair, you could use the walk and no one gives a crap about the miles on your poor little truck.

Comment

Let’s be fair, you could use the walk and no one gives a crap about the miles on your poor little truck.
            Says the leadership of the MHC.

Won't be back.

Comment

Lets call a little BS.. There is no way you were at all these fields all weekend, and if you were, dang you have some miles on your car.

Comment

Lets call a little BS.. There is no way you were at all these fields all weekend, and if you were, dang you have some miles on your car.
                Dang.... Eastside to Snyder Park. That's some traffic!!!!

Comment

There is a reason why the tourney is in decline.

To complete the trek across the Northwest they should have games up near Ski Bowl and Sandy High School.

Comment

Everything about this post - style, multiple lies, too many words - resembles every spam email I got prompting MHC. Come on - we aren’t THAT dumb. “Posted and downloadable at no charge” is word for word from more than one of the emails you sent. Speaking of which can you give us the secret code for “unsubscribe” since you’ve apparently disabled the Unsubscribe button?

Comment

Everything about this post - style, multiple lies, too many words - resembles every spam email I got prompting MHC. Come on - we aren’t THAT dumb. “Posted and downloadable at no charge” is word for word from more than one of the emails you sent. Speaking of which can you give us the secret code for “unsubscribe” since you’ve apparently disabled the Unsubscribe button?
                      Hahahhahaha

Also it was a crap tourney

Comment

There is a reason why the tourney is in decline.

To complete the trek across the Northwest they should have games up near Ski Bowl and Sandy High School.
                        Make it like a poker rally or scavenger hunt with a drawing at the end. More chances to win.

Comment

Um..... soo wrong it’s funny. I am a parent of two kids that played in the tourney. “Yes” I did go to all these fields. “No” it did not seem ridiculous for a tournament with over 300 teams. “Yes” I am qualified to have an opinion as a parent that has been multiple times to everything from big to small both personally and for my kids. From local stuff like Summer Slam to Mt. Hood Challenge to Cornocopia Cup to Ballapalloza to Bend Tourney to 3v3 Live events to Crossfire Premier Challenge to Surf Cup to USYS Regionals to ECNL Showcases to DA Showcases. My choice. Don’t need the haters judging our family’s decisions.

Maybe that travel isn’t for you, works for us. I only spoke up on this discussion because we had a good time this weekend and while I am sure other posters clearly did not, yours is not the only experience.

I thought it was neat they posted pictures online later that were free to download. Most of the parents in my circle did too. It stopped the incessant parent photo op moments too when kids are tired, parents are hot and everyone just wants to get out of there. I notice stuff like this.

I have zero, my kids have zero, to do with Willamette United organization or that entire geography- not from there. I do think my opinion is valid and worth others reading. Yours was not the only one is all. I would speak up about negatives, just as you did, if I had them. Our experience was different than yours this go around. Sounds like they need to fix Memorial.

Comment

Um..... soo wrong it’s funny. I am a parent of two kids that played in the tourney. “Yes” I did go to all these fields. “No” it did not seem ridiculous for a tournament with over 300 teams. “Yes” I am qualified to have an opinion as a parent that has been multiple times to everything from big to small both personally and for my kids. From local stuff like Summer Slam to Mt. Hood Challenge to Cornocopia Cup to Ballapalloza to Bend Tourney to 3v3 Live events to Crossfire Premier Challenge to Surf Cup to USYS Regionals to ECNL Showcases to DA Showcases. My choice. Don’t need the haters judging our family’s decisions.

Maybe that travel isn’t for you, works for us. I only spoke up on this discussion because we had a good time this weekend and while I am sure other posters clearly did not, yours is not the only experience.

I thought it was neat they posted pictures online later that were free to download. Most of the parents in my circle did too. It stopped the incessant parent photo op moments too when kids are tired, parents are hot and everyone just wants to get out of there. I notice stuff like this.

I have zero, my kids have zero, to do with Willamette United organization or that entire geography- not from there. I do think my opinion is valid and worth others reading. Yours was not the only one is all. I would speak up about negatives, just as you did, if I had them. Our experience was different than yours this go around. Sounds like they need to fix Memorial.
                            Numbers don't lie over 300+ teams have dropped out of this amazing race to city parks and dismal HS fields since 2014. Is it any coincidence that they had a parking fee at schools? Nope makes the cost of the fields cheaper for the host club or biz in this case. And the cost is passed to the teams and parents/friends.

It's simply too spread out and if your team isn't associated with the hosting club you could of made a few bucks as a one off uber driver if you have room in the mini van or SUV.

If your scratch off ticket had you a 1 or 2 locations within 15 minutes of each other you are a mega bucks winner and your opinion is reflected, but simply an outlier.

Congrats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X