X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dad is way too involved
    And for sure the parents of the "mediocre" players know who he is and are glad each time he drags his kid to another club.

Comment

Wow !! The coffee finally kicked in for you to write that novel. You are way to involved. You've moved your kid, complained about other kids, still unsure about the decision and STILL INSULTING her teammates.
      You say she is making decisions??? Haha.. No way!
      Just be careful with being way to involved and this happens a lot. Club jumping and blaming only confuses kids. Just encourage and let her have fun AND STOP CALLING her teammates mediocre. You should only voice about your own and bragging on TS will only bring a bullseye on you and your kid.
      Listen basil rathbone, my kid doesn't know squat ... Just like you. We don't say anything bad about her teammates at either club or her for we team. She knew a lot of kids at her new club before we left. Sorry but you can't spin this the way you want. NCE is not a training Dreamland .... Certainly not for that money. Glad you like it and defend it .... Have at it. Not for me. If you think your clubs training is so inadequate that you need outside training at a steep cost then perhaps you should consider switching clubs.

Comment

Listen basil rathbone, my kid doesn't know squat ... Just like you. We don't say anything bad about her teammates at either club or her for we team. She knew a lot of kids at her new club before we left. Sorry but you can't spin this the way you want. NCE is not a training Dreamland .... Certainly not for that money. Glad you like it and defend it .... Have at it. Not for me. If you think your clubs training is so inadequate that you need outside training at a steep cost then perhaps you should consider switching clubs.
        Haha.. From the Java to the bottle? Ease down helicopter Dad. You called all your kids teammates "mediocre", not anyone else on here. To insult young girls without noticing that YOUR OWN kid is mediocre too!! There is a reason she is with ALL those girls. Keep moving her and hoping she becomes a 1 on 1 warrior... Good luck! You're an Alpha or a teammate.... Just don't jump club to club, team to team and insult any teammates ability.

-BR

Comment

She was on one of the elite teams, which was fine. She can take a touch and make a pass great. She needs to work on 1:1 skills which that club simply does not do so we thought it was a great opportunity at a young age to go to a lesser team with an excellent coach where she will get 1000x more touches. The players are not as good across the board here (there were some mediocre players on her old team as well), but our hopes have been fulfilled so far. If she continues to get more touches and gain even more confidence, she can go back whenever she wants. Sure there are downsides too (many of her new teammates dont have a great touch and have a worse understanding of the game), but we are looking that as more opportunities for her to compete to win a ball back and get even more touches. I dont care if her teams win or lose, we want her moving forward. She is getting instruction, far more touches, and she is moving forward in other parts of her game. She has always been able to complete passes, but other parts of her game needed work .... mission is being accomplished. After this year, she can decide what she wants to do next year. I am hoping that her current team improves enough so that she stays there. We like the location, the parents, the competition, and the current coach .... and at a better price than any of the walmart clubs around.
          No doubt a dad who never played and is regurgitating what he's been told. Pretty pathetic

Comment

Don't worry. The other parents know an ahole when they see one.

Comment

Don't worry. The other parents know an ahole when they see one.
              Do they tell you to your face. Keep chasing the dream my friend .... No price too big, no camp too far ..... One born every minute.

Comment

Costs?

I went through the entire thread and can't find clear answer on what this program would cost. I saw some comments about everything being a-la-carte and $35/hr. I just want to know get a sense of what it would cost us for the Fall and/or the entire year.

Due to a school commitment, our son will be missing at least 1 practice/week this fall and he has been begging me to find a program or clinic to do that might work with his schedule. There are a few other programs we are looking at but his old coach recommended NCE.

Comment

I went through the entire thread and can't find clear answer on what this program would cost. I saw some comments about everything being a-la-carte and $35/hr. I just want to know get a sense of what it would cost us for the Fall and/or the entire year.

Due to a school commitment, our son will be missing at least 1 practice/week this fall and he has been begging me to find a program or clinic to do that might work with his schedule. There are a few other programs we are looking at but his old coach recommended NCE.
                  They will take as much as you will give them. If you have a fat wallet, they will go out of their way to find ways to drain it, including the very "selective" (costly) trips to Europe for trashy tournaments as well as local select teams that play regionally.

Comment

They will take as much as you will give them. If you have a fat wallet, they will go out of their way to find ways to drain it, including the very "selective" (costly) trips to Europe for trashy tournaments as well as local select teams that play regionally.
                    Ignore this guy. Only way to know for sure is to contact them; TS isn't the place for accurate information. Prices do vary by time of year.

Comment

This is actually accurate; very expensive. You can spent 2 grand easy, and that’s without that “select” team nonsense.

Comment

This is actually accurate; very expensive. You can spent 2 grand easy, and that’s without that “select” team nonsense.
                        Good to see the bullsh it continues. At least haters are consistent.

Comment

The $35/hour is accurate for last winter session. That is what we paid plus uniform which was around $100. We started after the first session so we paid around $500.

If you want to know the cost just add the # training days * 1.5 * $35 and that will be close.

If you send an email to them and ask that is what they will tell you $35/hour unless they raised it.

Comment

The $35/hour is accurate for last winter session. That is what we paid plus uniform which was around $100. We started after the first session so we paid around $500.

If you want to know the cost just add the # training days * 1.5 * $35 and that will be close.

If you send an email to them and ask that is what they will tell you $35/hour unless they raised it.
                            Yup, that can go up to 2 grand easy if you do Winter Spring and Fall

Comment

I posted the math on the $35/hr (for winter indoor) in response to questions about "is it worth it?" but to be clear you pay for the entire season, which for outdoor (fall or spring) is 8 sessions and winter indoor is 12. I think the outdoor season is like $350 or 375, which is like $25/hr. One benefit is if you miss a session they are good about letting you make up at another venue.

As others have said, give them a call - they are very nice people.

Comment

Find a talented friend and hire personal soccer trainers and you will do better and it will be cheaper. Large group settings should work out to $10/hour on average (no more than $15).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X