High School Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense but if you are a recruiter you are a real jerk to work with. I know lots of recruiters and none of them would come onto a site and trash the readers.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No offense but if you are a recruiter you are a real jerk to work with. I know lots of recruiters and none of them would come onto a site and trash the readers.
      How did he trash the readers? He stated that NH soccer is weaker than MA and CT... pretty cut and dry and most recruiters would agree that NH soccer is no as strong as MA or CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Selfie King View Post
        How did he trash the readers? He stated that NH soccer is weaker than MA and CT... pretty cut and dry and most recruiters would agree that NH soccer is no as strong as MA or CT.
        Nobody disputes that.

He’s been coming on here for a year now on every thread possible and making sure we know New Hampshire soccer sucks. We get it.

For someone who’s task to identify talent and ensure it’s given the proper visibility-trashing the audience is a curious tact.

He’s not a fan. Just move along. Nobody reads anonymous bullshlt on the internet and changes their activities.

Comment

Nobody disputes that.

He’s been coming on here for a year now on every thread possible and making sure we know New Hampshire soccer sucks. We get it.

For someone who’s task to identify talent and ensure it’s given the proper visibility-trashing the audience is a curious tact.

He’s not a fan. Just move along. Nobody reads anonymous bullshlt on the internet and changes their activities.
          I think everyone would agree that in general, NH soccer isn’t as strong as MA soccer. We do have several DI and DII players spread across the state and sometimes a high school team gets lucky and gets a group of great club players on the same team. Some NH teams would beat some MA teams, but taking the best NH team vs the best MA team would generally have MA winning. We also can lay claim to Morgan Andrews and Rachel Hill, 2 pro players and some DA players who are doing well playing on out of state DA teams.

Comment

Ok you want the resume - here you go - I played HS soccer in VA and went on to play NCAA DII soccer in GA on scholarship and was a college assistant at College of Charleston while I earned my masters. I then went on to assist the men's program at Slippery Rock University. I then took a job in High Point NC, and took the HS varsity for 14 years, club soccer for 18, and currently work for one of the largest soccer scouting and recruiting services on the east coast. I work over 30 exposure clinics per year and I evaluate thousands of players from NE to PA. I hold a C license and talk routinely with clubs and colleges. I have plenty of soccer expertise and know my soccer. You can drop the challenges now...
            You certainly could be a testament as to why United States soccer is so poor in general.
            All you confirmed is that you are a moron and know very little about soccer. It is arguably the ultimate team sport and that's what this discussion is about not individual players. For example, I have no one playing on the NH GPS u-17 team that won the national Club Championship last year but I've seen them play many times they are a fantastic team with virtually no standout individual. They have been dominating at their age bracket ( nationally ) for several years. Because they are a great team. And that's what soccer is. And that's what this discussion is. About soccer teams. And the two teams mentioned that played in the New Hampshire high school championship last season would have destroyed any Massachusetts team. But given how you dated yourself you would have no idea about that. I suggest going to find a good Bingo tournament for entertainment rather than coming on soccer threads and trying to beat up high school teams that you know nothing about.

Comment

You certainly could be a testament as to why United States soccer is so poor in general.
              All you confirmed is that you are a moron and know very little about soccer. It is arguably the ultimate team sport and that's what this discussion is about not individual players. For example, I have no one playing on the NH GPS u-17 team that won the national Club Championship last year but I've seen them play many times they are a fantastic team with virtually no standout individual. They have been dominating at their age bracket ( nationally ) for several years. Because they are a great team. And that's what soccer is. And that's what this discussion is. About soccer teams. And the two teams mentioned that played in the New Hampshire high school championship last season would have destroyed any Massachusetts team. But given how you dated yourself you would have no idea about that. I suggest going to find a good Bingo tournament for entertainment rather than coming on soccer threads and trying to beat up high school teams that you know nothing about.

You’re a clueless tool!

Comment

I attended the high school jamboree over the weekend in Pembroke hosted by GPSNH and Bedford HS and seeing some atrocious coaches and player attitudes.
                Do they realise its only pre season? Referees had to send players off or give yellow cards for not just over zealous tackles but words of disrespect and swearing...... Nashua North girls for one. Coach decent but players out of control. My daughters team were certainly up against it for sure.
                Other things of note.Memorial girls will struggle this year along with Merrimack whos coach RM leaves a lot to be desired.
                Teams who done well and were well coached Portsmouth girls with new coach BS, Bedford with MW and annual powerhouse Exeter and long time coach MC.
                Her brother DC now at Exeter seems to have inherited and decent boys group and will be up there. Bedford with SP rebuilding after losing his top six players. They were outclassed by TB and his Nashua South group which was no surprise with many of the top players at GPSNH now. Portsmouth looked big and strong so too were Oyster River. Trinity had lots of players but lacked quality so too Salem with new coach MP.
                Anyone else attend, thoughts ?

Comment

I wasn't there, but you posted some interesting comments. I had heard of the potential improvements at Nashua South, and while I'm not a huge TB fan he has his positives. Bedford typically reloads in all sports, but with their feeder system starting to dry up (i.e. GPS, more on the girls side and less on the boys as they remain strong) I wonder how long that will last.

Not justifying anyone's behavior, but for the players this jamboree is used as a final audition so I can see it getting spirited. Not sure why I coach would act that way, though.

Comment

I wasn't there, but you posted some interesting comments. I had heard of the potential improvements at Nashua South, and while I'm not a huge TB fan he has his positives. Bedford typically reloads in all sports, but with their feeder system starting to dry up (i.e. GPS, more on the girls side and less on the boys as they remain strong) I wonder how long that will last.

Not justifying anyone's behavior, but for the players this jamboree is used as a final audition so I can see it getting spirited. Not sure why I coach would act that way, though.
                    =====

What makes you think that the 'GPS Feeder' is drying up?

Comment

NHIAA Schedules

Ok, annual scheduling gripe. Specifically talking about the D1 schedules where it looks like NHIAA takes the prior year schedule and just switches who was home and away. There are 21/22 teams for Girls/Boys and they play 16 regular season games which means a team won't play 4/5 teams any given year. It would make sense that there would be a rotation that a team would play the ones they didn't play the previous year the next year. Is it a 2 year thing? Why wouldn't the NHIAA take into consideration the previous year final 4 and make sure they all play each other during the next regular season?

Comment

Ok, annual scheduling gripe. Specifically talking about the D1 schedules where it looks like NHIAA takes the prior year schedule and just switches who was home and away. There are 21/22 teams for Girls/Boys and they play 16 regular season games which means a team won't play 4/5 teams any given year. It would make sense that there would be a rotation that a team would play the ones they didn't play the previous year the next year. Is it a 2 year thing? Why wouldn't the NHIAA take into consideration the previous year final 4 and make sure they all play each other during the next regular season?
                        Laziness?

Comment

The NHIAA schedules everyone on a 2 year cycle. So yes, you will play the same teams you did the year before flipped home and away. The dates or order of the games can be adjusted by the ADs but if you move the order of one game it can have a trickle down effect to all of the others on your schedule and impact the opponents schedule.

DI has 21 girls teams and 22 boys teams (Hanover plays up in DI while their girls still play DII). The NHIAA sets the schedule based on 16 games in soccer.

Many schools have budget issues restricting how far they might be able to travel for games and many schools have a rivalry that they want to play a home and away game each year.

Your post actually beckons the question in MH soccer many coaches have asked for years which is to have 5 divisions instead of 4 and then you get schedules that are consistent each year where you can play everyone once each season and actually get schedules that make sense. The problem is that the NHIAA is lazy on that issue... they think the status quo is fine.

But when you have a #5 ranked team with 10 wins and only 3 were teams in the playoffs- you see them lose 1st round to the #12 team with 7 wins but 5 against playoff teams - that is happens all the time because #5 had a cake schedule.

Comment

Boys D1 Predictions

I attended the high school jamboree over the weekend in Pembroke hosted by GPSNH and Bedford HS and seeing some atrocious coaches and player attitudes.
                            Do they realise its only pre season? Referees had to send players off or give yellow cards for not just over zealous tackles but words of disrespect and swearing...... Nashua North girls for one. Coach decent but players out of control. My daughters team were certainly up against it for sure.
                            Other things of note.Memorial girls will struggle this year along with Merrimack whos coach RM leaves a lot to be desired.
                            Teams who done well and were well coached Portsmouth girls with new coach BS, Bedford with MW and annual powerhouse Exeter and long time coach MC.
                            Her brother DC now at Exeter seems to have inherited and decent boys group and will be up there. Bedford with SP rebuilding after losing his top six players. They were outclassed by TB and his Nashua South group which was no surprise with many of the top players at GPSNH now. Portsmouth looked big and strong so too were Oyster River. Trinity had lots of players but lacked quality so too Salem with new coach MP.
                            Anyone else attend, thoughts ?
                            Boys D1 - do not underestimate Bedford, they will be in the top 4 come playoff time. Last years Bedford team was a team of the decade 76 GF / 7 GA (Central 3 Hanover 2) in 19 games. This year they are not nearly as deep but their starting 11 are VERY solid, including two GPS NPL stars in the front - Zack Verow and Vitor Rodrigues. Like Central, Bedford will score a lot of goals this year but their defense will need to improve throughout the season around a very good center back Drew Middleton - if they want to compete in November.

One weakness Bedford shares with Central and Hanover - playing on grass is a challenge, they never train on it, they are used to lightning fast turf. Bedford does not have size this year (like last), they do have speed and quickness that is well suited for turf, on grass that speed and quickness is muted significantly.

Much more parity in boys D1 this year vs last - in my view, Central, Bedford and Hanover are still the top three teams (Hanover clearly the deepest bench of the 3). Pinkerton and South will be very tough, North is no pushover, Concord is always a quality team, I believe Windham is a sleeper. Parity - it will be fun to watch!!

Comment

The NHIAA schedules everyone on a 2 year cycle. So yes, you will play the same teams you did the year before flipped home and away. The dates or order of the games can be adjusted by the ADs but if you move the order of one game it can have a trickle down effect to all of the others on your schedule and impact the opponents schedule.

DI has 21 girls teams and 22 boys teams (Hanover plays up in DI while their girls still play DII). The NHIAA sets the schedule based on 16 games in soccer.

Many schools have budget issues restricting how far they might be able to travel for games and many schools have a rivalry that they want to play a home and away game each year.

Your post actually beckons the question in MH soccer many coaches have asked for years which is to have 5 divisions instead of 4 and then you get schedules that are consistent each year where you can play everyone once each season and actually get schedules that make sense. The problem is that the NHIAA is lazy on that issue... they think the status quo is fine.

But when you have a #5 ranked team with 10 wins and only 3 were teams in the playoffs- you see them lose 1st round to the #12 team with 7 wins but 5 against playoff teams - that is happens all the time because #5 had a cake schedule.

Exeter benefits with not playing Bedford and Central on both the boys and girls. Again!

Comment

Exeter benefits with not playing Bedford and Central on both the boys and girls. Again!
                                Hmmmm... Is Exeter paying the schedulers off or what? Lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X