Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The recent history you are up against...GPS, English guy with all the bells and whistles, but promises, ties to England academies, etc. Lasts less than 3 years and apparently owes money.

NICH soccer. English guy. All the promises of caring and child-centered coaching. Going to form a true club like back home. 2 years and left in the middle of the night owing money.

And that was just the last 4 years. Maybe there were others.

So the over/under is 2.3 years and about $27k owed.

You can beat those odds!!!
    Like the originial expats they will have to prove they are members of the community and here for the long haul. JB, BG, BI are all still around. JC and CC, RIP, are not still around but nobody can question those guys and how much they gave to the community.

The recent new breed of expats is here to take from the community.

Time will tell.

Comment

Like the originial expats they will have to prove they are members of the community and here for the long haul. JB, BG, BI are all still around. JC and CC, RIP, are not still around but nobody can question those guys and how much they gave to the community.

The recent new breed of expats is here to take from the community.

Time will tell.
      Time will tell.

Comment

Not the person you have responded to. If you do have qualifications why don’t you post them?
        Because they don’t truly have that level of license.
        More than likely UEFA Level 2. This is just a guess from hearing their coaching points during games.

Comment

Seems like PCU and United are really worried about these guys for whatever reason and are spreading false rumours. I know my coach sent one out to the team saying don’t join them. Surely if you are confident in your product you do not talk or worry about anyone else?? I wish these guys the best of luck, I have heard nothing but positives from family friends. If you are questioning them I would encourage you to get check them out first before you categorize them with all the negatives who have come before
          Because they are the new shiny object preying on parents not wanted to "miss out". Happens every couple of years. Will continue to happen.

Here are some rumors that are true:
          1. OYSA will not allow them in as currently constructed.
          2. Ferguson coached for GPS Oregon; you can look up his track record here.
          3. SCA is making big promises about getting players seen by UK Academies. Problem is it is extremely difficult to make it a go without a UK/EU passport; they don't tell parents that.

If they abide by the same rules as everyone else, no real objections. However, they don't. Have had exposure to each of the eastside clubs (Eastside, NEU, PCU, and SEU) - none of them sale/recruit like GPS did before and SCA does now. Written rules or not, the established clubs do not interact with each other the way GPS/SCA's of the world interact with local clubs.

MJ supporter also accused existing clubs of lying about his background. I don't think they were.

But you are right - existing clubs need to focus on their existing services and continue to drive to make them better. However, if you think established clubs should sit on their hands while somebody plays by a different set of rules, I disagree. Some of our coaches are pushing back and I am glad they are.

Comment

Because they don’t truly have that level of license.
            More than likely UEFA Level 2. This is just a guess from hearing their coaching points during games.
            Haha. What did you hear? Love this thread BTW.

UEFA doesn't have a level 2. Starts at level 3 (UEFA B). Before that the level 1 and 2 licensing comes from your countries Football Association. I'm here all day to help keep firing.

Email them please I beg of you ! Then you can post your public apology on here although I fancy you don't have that in you.

Comment

Because they are the new shiny object preying on parents not wanted to "miss out". Happens every couple of years. Will continue to happen.

Here are some rumors that are true:
              3. SCA is making big promises about getting players seen by UK Academies. Problem is it is extremely difficult to make it a go without a UK/EU passport; they don't tell parents that.

If they abide by the same rules as everyone else, no real objections. However, they don't. Have had exposure to each of the eastside clubs (Eastside, NEU, PCU, and SEU) - none of them sale/recruit like GPS did before and SCA does now. Written rules or not, the established clubs do not interact with each other the way GPS/SCA's of the world interact with local clubs.

MJ supporter also accused existing clubs of lying about his background. I don't think they were.

But you are right - existing clubs need to focus on their existing services and continue to drive to make them better. However, if you think established clubs should sit on their hands while somebody plays by a different set of rules, I disagree. Some of our coaches are pushing back and I am glad they are.

A- True
              True
              A- Untrue. Has been talk of tours to London (which would make sense given the academy base they have there). You cannot sign for a Pro UK academy without an EU Passport or someone who has a certain number of youth international caps (exceptional talent rule).

Happy to clarify these points !

Comment

I understand your pessimism but rest assured this is not the same type of people. Having spent time with the SCA team they are highly professional and approachable people. I would suggest you reach out and go meet them before writing them off and tarring with the same brush.
                They (SCA) are not a Soccer Club in Oregon, it's like the Rose City Futsal fiasco where they claim they world champs of Disney World Futsal.
                They have No competitive or structure training and playing platform, No Club, No Criteria just instagram hashtags and clueless customers.

Become a club and then get ready for the spray paint.

Comment

They (SCA) are not a Soccer Club in Oregon, it's like the Rose City Futsal fiasco where they claim they world champs of Disney World Futsal.
                  They have No competitive or structure training and playing platform, No Club, No Criteria just instagram hashtags and clueless customers.

Can’t work out what half of that meant TBH. I’m sure you meant well though 😂

Comment

What is your definition of a soccer club?

Comment

What is your definition of a soccer club?
                      It's pretty simple in the Oregon Youth Club Landscape, it's a 501c3 that are members of the OYSA.

Curious what's your definition of a Youth Soccer Club in Oregon, if it's not that?

or do I need to email you this question?

Comment

A- True
                        True
                        A- Untrue. Has been talk of tours to London (which would make sense given the academy base they have there). You cannot sign for a Pro UK academy without an EU Passport or someone who has a certain number of youth international caps (exceptional talent rule).

Happy to clarify these points !
                        On #3 - I've read one of the text messages SCA coach sent to a parent in our club - mentions pro club, "trial", "scouts"; much more than a tour and doesn't mention any of the difficulties with signing with a Pro UK academy.

Happy to post the cell number it came from if that helps.

Comment

On #3 - I've read one of the text messages SCA coach sent to a parent in our club - mentions pro club, "trial", "scouts"; much more than a tour and doesn't mention any of the difficulties with signing with a Pro UK academy.

I very much doubt that. The tour page is very clear on the SCA website.

The reality of the restrictions of signing with a European club are well known. Guys just google it. If your signing for a club based off that your very bad at decision making.

FYI SCA have more than one txt from 'big club' directors and coaches claiming all sorts and slandering the SCA guys. Seems to be a witch-hunt against this small new club.

My point. All a bit much. Everyone needs to just go about your business. People will make informed decisions as adults what's best for their kids.

Comment

Without a EU passport a player can’t sign until they are 18. It is very, very rare that an American goes to Europe, though it is happening more and more. Almost every American in A European Academy has national team experience. And most of the national team kids are/were members of MLS Academies.

Maybe organizations like SCA are a new way because of training compensation.

But I doubt it.

Comment

I very much doubt that. The tour page is very clear on the SCA website.

The reality of the restrictions of signing with a European club are well known. Guys just google it. If your signing for a club based off that your very bad at decision making.

FYI SCA have more than one txt from 'big club' directors and coaches claiming all sorts and slandering the SCA guys. Seems to be a witch-hunt against this small new club.

My point. All a bit much. Everyone needs to just go about your business. People will make informed decisions as adults what's best for their kids.
                              Doubt it all you want - it is an idiotic, high-pressure text from SCA coach.

The fact that parents shouldn't get fooled by SCA recruiting tactics doesn't mean some don't, or that the neighborhood shouldn't forcefully push back. If an opponent is cheating, you bring it to the attention of the referee.

I think sitting on their hands is a terrible idea for the neighborhood clubs.

Comment

Doubt it all you want - it is an idiotic, high-pressure text from SCA coach.

The fact that parents shouldn't get fooled by SCA recruiting tactics doesn't mean some don't, or that the neighborhood shouldn't forcefully push back. If an opponent is cheating, you bring it to the attention of the referee.

I think sitting on their hands is a terrible idea for the neighborhood clubs.

I would agree. I just don't think he/said/she/said is the way to go about it. Better off improving the player experience and that way no one would ever want to leave or try something new.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X