Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT Sportsplex Dome

Rumors flying that the dome will be replaced in April / May. Any truth? I was there last week and did see some flags and markings around the dome entrance. Hopefully making it bigger.

when will the dome open

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Rumors flying that the dome will be replaced in April / May. Any truth? I was there last week and did see some flags and markings around the dome entrance. Hopefully making it bigger.
      it's a decent enough complex, a new/improved building is what they really need. Good for them.

Comment

The flagging is for what will be the new entrance with concession stand. It's a good complex that has a rundown bubble. If they bring that up to speed they will be a much more attractive option for clubs, leagues and tournaments.

Comment

Bubbles are the past, have no value, cold, dangerous and fugly

Comment

Bubbles are the past, have no value, cold, dangerous and fugly
            Too late. Scp d.o.a. new facility, higher rent

Comment

I don't know who is in worse shape, SCP or Shoreline FC.

SCP has one credible team on the girls side in HS. Everything from 2003 and down is either a multi age team or just flat out terrible. On the boys side they have one good team at HS and nothing until you get down to the younger teams like 2008 and 2007. Maybe they have a future on boys side.

Shoreline continues to incur self inflicted wounds. BJ has chased out most of his old staff and replaced them with inexperienced duds. They continue to fill rosters with recreational players. They have absolutely nothing on the girls side and on the boys they have a decent HS team and a 2008 team. That's it.

I give the award to Shoreline for being the crappiest club. SCP might be slightly better.

Comment

The Sportsplex Bubble is pretty dead for December. Most indoor facilities are jumping in December. They have a small window to make their money by end of March and missing this month will seriously hurt their bottom line. Not sure they will do much better in January. Their main tenants are SCP and Shoreline FC and both programs are struggling.

Comment

The Sportsplex is going through some difficult times. They pushed out Stan 2 years ago, his replacement has also left and now they have another person to run the program. They had dwindling numbers and pooor quality two years ago and now it has hit rock bottom. If they build a new indoor facility they have a chance of bringing things back to life.

Their two main tenants, SCP AND Shoreline FC are also disintegrating. Shoreline FC is imploding faster. Last year they got rid of Shane and with that loss effectively killed off their girls program. Now they are losing Ginger who is well like and well respected in those communities. There is a good chance that Shoreline is not around at the end of the Spring.

Comment

Good for them. Stan is not a nice person. What he called those boys at Hand if he were my sons coach I would knock him out. He should not be around young kids. The dome fired him and for good reason.

Comment

Good for them. Stan is not a nice person. What he called those boys at Hand if he were my sons coach I would knock him out. He should not be around young kids. The dome fired him and for good reason.
                      uh oh. is sherman now on the shoreline? red charger guy is that you?

Stan was the only soccer guy they had running that bubble. He had connections and got teams to sign up. Now it's dead.

Comment

You obviously did not have to deal with him. Poorly organized, kept his buddies employed, took advantage of everyone. He would give you a game time at start of season and then find out that he combined your u12 premier team with a u10 town team and he wouldn’t care. Every coach cheered when he left. They were fools for keeping him there that long.

Comment

You obviously did not have to deal with him. Poorly organized, kept his buddies employed, took advantage of everyone. He would give you a game time at start of season and then find out that he combined your u12 premier team with a u10 town team and he wouldn’t care. Every coach cheered when he left. They were fools for keeping him there that long.
                          And now there is zero soccer there. Everyone left.

Comment

Not trying to turn this into a bash session, it's unfortunate what he said. Unfortunate for him, the boys and the program. My point, however, was that the Sportsplex got rid of someone that was running the place for 7-8 years anthem, in quick succession, they go through another two. One tenant, Shoreline FC, is ruining themselves with terrible decision making. Ben has chased out all his. Good coaches except one and is bringing in dozens of recreational players. SCP is just suffering from an old guard who are trying to live off the legacy of B Dikranian. Not sure if a new place will turn things around right away. Might take 5-6 years.

Comment

We are leaving Shoreline. Not going to return for the Spring. They can have my money, not going to even ask for a refund. Just want to be done I am so disgusted. It's no better than a town program and they keep adding more players to the roster.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X