GDA and High School

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if FHSAA changed it to Varsity players have to play in 75% of their school's regularly season scheduled games to be eligible for the high school playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There is no madness. Only a few screaming parents who's bench warmers heading back to the pine.
      A few GDA players rocking the boat, but it will become bigger madness if the FHSAA or U.S. Soccer can't nip this in the bud.

Comment

There is no madness. Only a few screaming parents who's bench warmers heading back to the pine.
        You seem convinced that the people arguing against you are doing so because their kids are negatively affected. You're wrong.

You seem unable to conceive of the idea that some are arguing out of principle. You can't conceive of that because your own little world is focused on manipulating the system so your precious snowflake can do whatever she wants, regardless of principle. F fairness. F the idea that you should go to the playoffs with the team that got you there. F the idea of signing up for an academy program and committing fully to it. F everyone and everything that stands in the way of your pathetic attempt to live vicariously through your kid and let her have it all. Parents like you highlight everything that's wrong with youth sports in America.

For the record, my kids have aged out of youth soccer. I am indeed arguing out of principle, but I don't expect you to understand that. People like you never do anything unless it serves your own selfish needs, and the idea that anyone would argue for the greater good simply blows your mind. You attack other parents and other players because that's all you can do. You have no legitimate defense for what you're doing.

Better watch your back. Karma has a way of catching up with dirtbags like you, and I hear she's a real bitch.

Comment

You seem convinced that the people arguing against you are doing so because their kids are negatively affected. You're wrong.

You seem unable to conceive of the idea that some are arguing out of principle. You can't conceive of that because your own little world is focused on manipulating the system so your precious snowflake can do whatever she wants, regardless of principle. F fairness. F the idea that you should go to the playoffs with the team that got you there. F the idea of signing up for an academy program and committing fully to it. F everyone and everything that stands in the way of your pathetic attempt to live vicariously through your kid and let her have it all. Parents like you highlight everything that's wrong with youth sports in America.

For the record, my kids have aged out of youth soccer. I am indeed arguing out of principle, but I don't expect you to understand that. People like you never do anything unless it serves your own selfish needs, and the idea that anyone would argue for the greater good simply blows your mind. You attack other parents and other players because that's all you can do. You have no legitimate defense for what you're doing.

Better watch your back. Karma has a way of catching up with dirtbags like you, and I hear she's a real bitch.
          Your kids have ages out , yet you spend time on youth soccer blogs? Interesting smh

Comment

Your kids have ages out , yet you spend time on youth soccer blogs? Interesting smh
            You mean aged out and I was thinking that same thing... very particular

Comment

Hmmm. An adult who's kids have aged out but is still trolling TS. You are a liar or very weird. Perhaps both.

Comment

I'm serving my community as a volunteer board member for my local club, happy to give back to the youth soccer program that provided so many years of positive experiences for me and my kids. I remain invested in seeing youth soccer be all it can be for the youth of my community, free from accusations that I'm in it for the benefit of my own children.

As I've already said, I don't expect you to understand altruistic motives. I bet you never volunteered for anything that didn't serve your own selfish needs.

BTW, your lame attempts to attack me instead of explaining your own behavior speaks volumes.

Comment

If they can’t sign at the school can they sign at GDA Soccer practice?
                  Well, unlike most HS players at least the GDA players are signing to play in college.

Comment

What if FHSAA changed it to Varsity players have to play in 75% of their school's regularly season scheduled games to be eligible for the high school playoffs?
                    HS coaches don’t even attend 75% of the matches!

Comment

I'm serving my community as a volunteer board member for my local club, happy to give back to the youth soccer program that provided so many years of positive experiences for me and my kids. I remain invested in seeing youth soccer be all it can be for the youth of my community, free from accusations that I'm in it for the benefit of my own children.

As I've already said, I don't expect you to understand altruistic motives. I bet you never volunteered for anything that didn't serve your own selfish needs.

BTW, your lame attempts to attack me instead of explaining your own behavior speaks volumes.

I’m guessing you are a coach at one of the private schools who’s worried about his future... how close am I?

Comment

The only defense daddy has is doing it for his darling daughter. Everyone else can see that it is wrong except for a high school with blinders on because it wants to win at all costs. Other high school coaches go play the regular season and district games and are trying to figure out strategy for playing other high school teams, without realizing they could be blind sighted by a high school taking on GDA players this very week. With final exams, most high schools won't start district games back up until January 8th and have to have all district games played by January 15. It is not fair to bring in GDA players who will have only played in a few district games at most. They may say they got in their 10 game regular season requirement by sitting on the bench with a jersey or maybe getting in 10 games if the HS coach scheduled 10 regular games and tournaments up until January 22, however very few GDA players will have played many true district games. The high school association should consider making a rule that varsity players have to play in 10 district games, not just regular season games, and that a GDA player sitting on the bench in a jersey for HS game does not count as physically playing in a game.

Comment

I’m guessing you are a coach at one of the private schools who’s worried about his future... how close am I?
                          Private schools in south Florida are the biggest culprits in taking on GDA players before the playoffs.Will those schools be able to conclusively prove the GDA players participated in 10 regular season games?

Comment

The only defense daddy has is doing it for his darling daughter. Everyone else can see that it is wrong except for a high school with blinders on because it wants to win at all costs. Other high school coaches go play the regular season and district games and are trying to figure out strategy for playing other high school teams, without realizing they could be blind sighted by a high school taking on GDA players this very week. With final exams, most high schools won't start district games back up until January 8th and have to have all district games played by January 15. It is not fair to bring in GDA players who will have only played in a few district games at most. They may say they got in their 10 game regular season requirement by sitting on the bench with a jersey or maybe getting in 10 games if the HS coach scheduled 10 regular games and tournaments up until January 22, however very few GDA players will have played many true district games. The high school association should consider making a rule that varsity players have to play in 10 district games, not just regular season games, and that a GDA player sitting on the bench in a jersey for HS game does not count as physically playing in a game.
                            Please have someone take a picture of the expression on you mug when it doesn't work out that way, then post it here please.

Comment

Please have someone take a picture of the expression on you mug when it doesn't work out that way, then post it here please.
                              The fact that your school and a few others are getting away with unethical behavior doesn't make it OK. Your mother never accepted that excuse, why should we?

Please post a pic of YOUR mug when your school's ringer-stacked team goes down in the playoffs to a team with an honest roster.

Comment

We only have about nine teams to play in our district. Our school has played the district games and those teams who have GDA players walking on now will be a surprise to many schools when they meet up at the playoffs. Many schools play up to 25 games in their regular season to play other teams, high school tournaments for fun and so on but the district playoffs are what matter starting January 22. It is not fair to bring in ringers for the playoffs, and every coach should check the validity of the rosters of their opponents. The Florida high school athletic association must address every single complaint and the school must be able to prove its players did play in 10 regular season games to be eligible for the playoffs. Of course their name written on the roster and them sitting on the bench counts, but technically no GDA players were allowed to be on a high school roster until the GDA regular season ended, unless they gave up GDA and played the entire high school season like U.S.Soccer intended the exception to be. U.S. Soccer did not ever think their GDA players would be trying to jump on high school teams for a month during the GDA recovery/holiday break.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X