Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how are clubs handling individual cases of covid

How are clubs handling reported cases of covid. Do they isolate the team for 2 weeks, notify players of exposure etc....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are clubs handling reported cases of covid. Do they isolate the team for 2 weeks, notify players of exposure etc....
    2020's version of a pox party. Once they all have it, no worries for the rest of the season!

Comment

That is exactly how our club has handled it. We were notified and all training/games were cancelled for 14 days.

Comment

That is exactly how our club has handled it. We were notified and all training/games were cancelled for 14 days.
        We had a kid at TBU test positive, but had no symptoms. Before they reported it, all the parents got together and convinced the family not to or we figured our season would be done. The kid "stayed home sick" until she got a negative a week later. Most of the rest of the kids got tested too and were negative so it worked out ok. It was bad enough that we had only just started real training and we didn't want another god knows how long off. No games though so our team didn't infect any other clubs. I do not even know if anyone told the coach or not.

Comment

We had a kid at TBU test positive, but had no symptoms. Before they reported it, all the parents got together and convinced the family not to or we figured our season would be done. The kid "stayed home sick" until she got a negative a week later. Most of the rest of the kids got tested too and were negative so it worked out ok. It was bad enough that we had only just started real training and we didn't want another god knows how long off. No games though so our team didn't infect any other clubs. I do not even know if anyone told the coach or not.
          Well you just told the coach and the DOC and as conservative as they are the club will probably quarantine everyone.

Comment

I doubt it. Everyone is clear now. And I would hope the DOC has better things to do than us soccer parents and stays off TS!

Well you just told the coach and the DOC and as conservative as they are the club will probably quarantine everyone.

Comment

I doubt it. Everyone is clear now. And I would hope the DOC has better things to do than us soccer parents and stays off TS!
              You would be really alarmed at the number of them that are on here.

Makes me lose faith in any of the soccer system around here.

Comment

I picture them all eating at Bern's with their cell phones out posting on TS. :) Or are they not welcome at Bern's anymore? I can't keep up with the politics

You would be really alarmed at the number of them that are on here.

Makes me lose faith in any of the soccer system around here.

Comment

I'm sure she never came into contact with anyone in the parking lot or at the field beyond your own team. What fools you parents are. Also been my experience that balls go back and forth between the teams practicing on the field. I'm sure she never interacted with at least one of them.

Your idea about the season being over with a 14 day quarantine is utter nonsense.

You're culpable for putting your coach at risk as well. What if he had an underlying health condition? You got lucky nothing more.

You are a perfect example of what's wrong with people today. All about themselves combined with stupidity.

Comment

I'm sure she never came into contact with anyone in the parking lot or at the field beyond your own team. What fools you parents are. Also been my experience that balls go back and forth between the teams practicing on the field. I'm sure she never interacted with at least one of them.

Your idea about the season being over with a 14 day quarantine is utter nonsense.

You're culpable for putting your coach at risk as well. What if he had an underlying health condition? You got lucky nothing more.

You are a perfect example of what's wrong with people today. All about themselves combined with stupidity.
                    Relax Karen, keep wearing your full faced gas masks..

Comment

brilliant

Comment

Virus

You would hope that most clubs take it seriously but I doubt it. There is a certain club in Jacksonville that I know isn’t. One of coaches had the virus, quarantined and came back. Told none of the players, coaches or parents. They made up an excuse why they were gone.

Comment

I picture them all eating at Bern's with their cell phones out posting on TS. :) Or are they not welcome at Bern's anymore? I can't keep up with the politics
                          LOL Yea I can see NM, AL and YOYO all sitting in the parking lot cause they aren't welcome inside... YOYO trying to Uber-eats them some empanadas... but hey FP and TBU may find common ground that way!

Comment

Listen, no one had symptoms. No one has ever caught COVID from a soccer ball. And unless you are homeschooling, your kid is way more at risk at school than out on the pitch. Everyone who tested was negative.

\

Comment

The smart teams will be taking guidance from the White House

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X