Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think Barca will struggle and have the same issues that La Liga, IdeaSports is having in Central Florida and Miami.

It sounds that they are being accussed of the same issues such as poaching and charging too much money.

It will take you time to play in quality leagues. If your son is an u13, u14 choose another team because your boy will only be a body, not a prospect.

The true teams will be their u9, u10 cause it will give them time to build and be accepted.
    Prospect for what? Soccer in florida is piss poor stuff! Go learn to play the game, Barca can provide that. If you want to play american kickball go to Inter or Weston

Comment

Same Miami ****, just a different jersey. Deport them all especially the South American parents. No black kids in the club. They are racist.

Comment

Prospect for what? Soccer in florida is piss poor stuff! Go learn to play the game, Barca can provide that. If you want to play american kickball go to Inter or Weston
        So, I find this interesting the "Barsa" way and "american kickball." The barsa methodology is ONE WAY to succeed in today's game. But definitely not the only. In fact, pure possession based football has been supplanted even by Pep Guardiola for a "possession with a purpose" approach - and that's Pep. Some managers prefer strong defense and counterattacking style. Does Mourinho play "American kickball?" When liverpool wins by counterattacking and defending, is that wrong?

Barsa is a mess from the front office on. If not for messi, it would be a club in serious decline.

I agree soccer here is totally lacking, but it's largely because so many barriers are put before kids just playing. Everything requires releases, immaculate fields, organization, etc., kids never just play. Over time, it adds up, the hours spent playing in different countries and over here.

Comment

Re: Barsa Way

Yes, the "Barca Way" is not the only way to play, but it's better than the run fast kick hard style of American soccer. There have only been a few practices, but I can see a substantive difference already and am excited to see it in a real game.

Of course it will take some time for the club to get settled. My son is in one of the older groups, so I'm just hoping for him to become good enough to play college soccer. Some of the little ones though look legit. Barca will have some really strong teams in a year or two.

The Barca name will help get it into leagues and attract talent. I know many of the kids are driving 40 mins or more each way for practice. And like I said before, I feel like "Barca Inc." is really committed to making Miami a flagship-type program.

Comment

Originally posted by Barca Soccer Dad View Post
            Yes, the "Barca Way" is not the only way to play, but it's better than the run fast kick hard style of American soccer. There have only been a few practices, but I can see a substantive difference already and am excited to see it in a real game.

Of course it will take some time for the club to get settled. My son is in one of the older groups, so I'm just hoping for him to become good enough to play college soccer. Some of the little ones though look legit. Barca will have some really strong teams in a year or two.

The Barca name will help get it into leagues and attract talent. I know many of the kids are driving 40 mins or more each way for practice. And like I said before, I feel like "Barca Inc." is really committed to making Miami a flagship-type program.
            the old Barsa in plantation took in a bunch of kids, many of which were not the most athletic. when they played "american style" like you say teams, they could not maintain possession when high pressed and lost pitifully. they had one good u12 team, I recall, but mostly kids that came from other places. not saying a barsa approach is bad - to the contrary - just that its a different result when you take the best players in spain and develop them to play possesion with intelligence in la masia VS taking the kids that can pay for the program in south florida and doing the same. it's not a methodology that necessarily translates if the players do not have a super high talent level to begin with.

Comment

Old Barca vs. New Barsa

They are emphasizing that they are now under direct control of Barca in Spain and the program is going to be different now. Barca has many North American clubs but only two "Pro" clubs... New York and Miami.

Of course you need good players! But good training helps as well. In any case, will just have to see how it all plays out.

Comment

Barca

What is this nonsense about poaching? Barca was not operating last season. Teams can’t recruit between seasons? Kids can’t switch teams in between seasons? What are the actual rules on this?

Comment

They are emphasizing that they are now under direct control of Barca in Spain and the program is going to be different now. Barca has many North American clubs but only two "Pro" clubs... New York and Miami.

Of course you need good players! But good training helps as well. In any case, will just have to see how it all plays out.
                  What about Barca Residency Arizona?

Comment

What about Barca Residency Arizona?
                    That was my first thought too. Not sure anyone knows what they are talking about here.

Comment

So, I find this interesting the "Barsa" way and "american kickball." The barsa methodology is ONE WAY to succeed in today's game. But definitely not the only. In fact, pure possession based football has been supplanted even by Pep Guardiola for a "possession with a purpose" approach - and that's Pep. Some managers prefer strong defense and counterattacking style. Does Mourinho play "American kickball?" When liverpool wins by counterattacking and defending, is that wrong?

Barsa is a mess from the front office on. If not for messi, it would be a club in serious decline.

I agree soccer here is totally lacking, but it's largely because so many barriers are put before kids just playing. Everything requires releases, immaculate fields, organization, etc., kids never just play. Over time, it adds up, the hours spent playing in different countries and over here.
                      At least they have a philosophy !!!!! Your local mls elite club does not!

Comment

At least they have a philosophy !!!!! Your local mls elite club does not!
                        Always comes back to the same garbage... SMDH

Comment

Barca miami

Big problem that all clubs in miami face ...... the people ... the worst of the worst Barca New York another level. Barca Arizona on the level with top clubs in America. Just look at where the kids go after. Carolina . Stanford. Pro. Miami soccer is shAt

Comment

Troll
                            Democrat troll at that ...

Comment

I find it mind boggling that Cubans have such an affinity for Trump. I've heard them say that the Democrats will bring communism to the United States. Get out of here with that! This isn't Cuba or Venezuela, its the effin' UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! The president doesn't have sole and ultimate power! Learn how this country works before you vehemently try to make stupid statements! Look at the comment above, the white american Trump supporters don't like you Cubans or any Spanish people!
                              To all people of Latin color in FL - this ^^^^ is how stupid Democrats think you are - that you'd actually buy this trolls reference to their own post.

Punish them this November.

And yes, through EOs, judge appointments, the POTUS has a huge impact on the direction this country takes. The Democrat party is so far left now they are telling us Kamala Harris (who would become the POTUS in short order after Beijing Biden retires due to senility) is a centrist. She is only a centrist compared to them.

Democrats = Communists. Viva Commandante!

Comment

To all people of Latin color in FL - this ^^^^ is how stupid Democrats think you are - that you'd actually buy this trolls reference to their own post.

Punish them this November.

And yes, through EOs, judge appointments, the POTUS has a huge impact on the direction this country takes. The Democrat party is so far left now they are telling us Kamala Harris (who would become the POTUS in short order after Beijing Biden retires due to senility) is a centrist. She is only a centrist compared to them.

Democrats = Communists. Viva Commandante!
                                Yes - lets thank the Democrat troll for proving to us all once again how racist Democrats are. Party of Jim Crow, party of the KKK, party of the one drop rule, party of back of the bus, party of resistance to civil rights in the 1960s, party of Planned Parenthood deployment disproportionately in black neighborhoods, party of defund the police (which would have a disproportionate impact on minorities in inner cities), party of entitlement dependence in exchange for monolithic voting, party of "You ain't Black" if you dont vote for Biden.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X