Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Sunshine Academy division is not better than the regular Sunshine League, is just a league that was created for them to maintain the same requirements as the MLS Elite league for all reserve teams ( All teams playing that league are the second teams or what they call reserve teams) for that age.. Not all those teams have the "Elite Name" but are their second teams ( For Example Kendall Rush, is Blue, but that's their second U13 team, same with Chargers and a few others)..

For example players that are part-time players at the MLS Elite Team can also play in the Sunshine Academy Conference, full time MLS Elite players can't..

Also any Sunshine Academy player that gets better and develops during the season, can play as a part-time or be moved up to play with the MLS Elite team (Team 1).

All reserve teams, usually play regular tournaments with teams such as Doral Elite, Key Biscayne, Ives Estates, PSG and many other playing the regular Sunshine League ( Non-Academy), so when they play each other then you can brag or not about beating them..

As for the MLS Elite teams, is very unlikely that any Sunshine League ( Non- Academy team) will play the MLS Elite Teams (1st team), as they will not play the same local tournaments, and will likely play MLS Showcases..

Hope that helps to clarify this thread.. SO NO, THE SUNSHINE LEAGUE ACADEMY DIVISION TEAMS ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE REGULAR SUNSHINE LEAGUE, THESE ARE PLAYERS THAT ARE TRYING TO DEVELOP AND GET BETTER TO HOPEFULLY MAKE IT SO AN MLS TEAM OR AN MLS ELITE TEAM, SAME AS PLAYERS FROM DORAL, PSG AND MANY OTHERS..
    Weston reserves is a better tram than most of MLS teams

Comment

Doral Elite 2008 beat PSG 5-1 in sunshine conference , hopefully one day they can play some MLS teams.

Comment

IdeaSports plays Chargers!!! Be ready boys.

Comment

Bumping to put the stupid political posts lower. Please continue your trash talk about soccer. Thanks

Comment

Doral Elite 2008 beat PSG 5-1 in sunshine conference , hopefully one day they can play some MLS teams.
            Not likely. It would be like a 3rd division team playing a premier league team. Happens in Moose cup and that's about it.

Comment

Results ???

From what I hear it was 3 wins 3 losses for Chargers.
              I figured Chargers would win all of them but idk.

Comment

For my kid this year it was either Celtic or Chargers, as we where done with our old club. The reason why we didnt go Chargers was because I had never heard of this league "Sunshine Conference" and I thought the tryouts at Celtic looked to be a bit more promising. Im not sure how good of a league Sunshine Conference is because we just played the Chargers 03 Sunshine Conference team and i thought I made the right choice. Didnt look anything special, although we tied i thought we where still the better team by far. Either way i dont think this league is anything special, there wasnt any stand out players from their team we just played, neither am I saying my sons team is top tier either. My son is an adult pretty much now either way so it was really his decision, but it is clear that this league is just so you can put a new name and attract more peoples pockets. Maybe a few good teams, but certainly not the Chargers 18s i just seen.

Comment

For my kid this year it was either Celtic or Chargers, as we where done with our old club. The reason why we didnt go Chargers was because I had never heard of this league "Sunshine Conference" and I thought the tryouts at Celtic looked to be a bit more promising. Im not sure how good of a league Sunshine Conference is because we just played the Chargers 03 Sunshine Conference team and i thought I made the right choice. Didnt look anything special, although we tied i thought we where still the better team by far. Either way i dont think this league is anything special, there wasnt any stand out players from their team we just played, neither am I saying my sons team is top tier either. My son is an adult pretty much now either way so it was really his decision, but it is clear that this league is just so you can put a new name and attract more peoples pockets. Maybe a few good teams, but certainly not the Chargers 18s i just seen.
                  None of it’s any good it’s just the second team of the mls next clubs. Re branded marketing

Comment

None of it’s any good it’s just the second team of the mls next clubs. Re branded marketing
                    Makes sense. My sons team also played a sunshine conference team Kendall and we beat them 5-1. We play FCL, so it doesnt look like Sunshine Conference is really anything special.

Comment

Makes sense. My sons team also played a sunshine conference team Kendall and we beat them 5-1. We play FCL, so it doesnt look like Sunshine Conference is really anything special.
                      $$$ new overpriced money funnel. Never for kids best interest

Comment

Chargers have lost their ability to attract good players over the last 3 years. Now its more obvious like in your sons case that people tend to go with smaller clubs, which makes the Celtics and the WFF, etc. have one solid team per age group, with no other teams.

Comment

Its not, except you have a pathway to National League Showcases. The problem is that you play FL scrubs all year long and then get your butt kicked by top teams from around the country.

Not to mention the schedule issues, it's why many of the big clubs won't play Sunshine. They know their 2nd/3rd/4th teams will get rocked at national league level. ECNL-RL and FCL is a better league level and whatever national exposure they'll get, it will be through appropriate seeding levels at CASL, Disney, Bethesda, and/or Jeff Cup.

Comment

Playing field

Its not, except you have a pathway to National League Showcases. The problem is that you play FL scrubs all year long and then get your butt kicked by top teams from around the country.

Not to mention the schedule issues, it's why many of the big clubs won't play Sunshine. They know their 2nd/3rd/4th teams will get rocked at national league level. ECNL-RL and FCL is a better league level and whatever national exposure they'll get, it will be through appropriate seeding levels at CASL, Disney, Bethesda, and/or Jeff Cup.
                            ECNL-R and FCL are nothing more than relabeled NPL and FPL. They were both very low level

Comment

Ecnlr is mixed as is fcl. Both are better than the sunshine conference but could use to kick the bottom half our each out

ECNL-R and FCL are nothing more than relabeled NPL and FPL. They were both very low level

Comment

Ecnlr is mixed as is fcl. Both are better than the sunshine conference but could use to kick the bottom half our each out

This does make alot of sense. Why play your 2nd/3rd teams in a league they wont benefit from. Like I said, my sons old enough to make decisions on his own, he chose Celtic, it has proved a good choice. Its not your big Chargers club second team, just a nice little first team from a small area. Good coach, nice kids and thats all I ask. Though their are some downsides, like having not much depth, and the fact that their is alot of reliance on a few of the more talented kids to produce game in game out, but I have not seen a team in the area with much more quality to present. I thought we where miles ahead of the Chargers team we just played this weekend, but it is their second team to the MLS Next. So, pretty much, you take what you get with a grain of salt, knowing now we probably made the best choice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X