Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't parents let their kids decide?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't parents let their kids decide?

Why are parents not allowing their children decide on where they want to play? If they are on a good team why not leave them alone? Club hopping is not the answer.

I did and my son said, 'Hasta la vista, baby' to his team and coach.

Comment

Because the parents are mostly interested in being where the big names are, etc. no matter if it is the best thing for their child. I saw so many times where a kid was playing comp when they would rather just play rec and have fun, or their friends are playing somewhere and the parent insists that they play somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why are parents not allowing their children decide on where they want to play? If they are on a good team why not leave them alone? Club hopping is not the answer.
        We did ask our kids. One of them had no reason to move and the other one said get me the hell out of here.

Comment

Because many of them believe their mediocre player is a star and won't stand for anyone who doesn't share that view.

Comment

Cause kids are stupid. They would want to play with their friends rather than win. Bunch of dummies.

Good thing they have someone like me coaching them.

Comment

It is one big happy play date with friends. Stop ruining our fun you wankers! My club salary is expensive and every one of your brats helps pay my bills!

Comment

maybe because we pay the bills. Should we let them decide everything. Maybe no more homework because the decide not to. This must be a moron coach that cannot keep his team together.

Comment

Right!

My kid wants to play for a Miami team but we live in Jacksonville.

Comment

Because many of them believe their mediocre player is a star and won't stand for anyone who doesn't share that view.
                    Or maybe it's because the star is seen as a mediocre player by the DOC. How many clubs have DOC's that never deal with their older teams? I can name two. Or how about DOC's that never watch a training or practice session of a team. Or how about a DOC that is busy on the weekends and doesn't watch a team play for a whole season.

So in answer to why are parents not letting kids decide where they want to play...we are!
                    The older competitive kids are making a statement that the younger competitive kids, and families are hearing- we want to play where the training is intense, where coaches realize how good we are, and how hard we will work to get better. So before you decide our kids are mediocre, and before you decide we are controlling parents that don't give our kids choices, answer this. HAVE YOU asked your kids where they want to play, and given them all of the real facts and choices?

Comment

Until the kids get to U15 or U16, they really don't know what is best for them and just where they fit from a playing level. An 11 or 12 year old, only hears what daddy says when they get in the car after their kid rode the bench for 1/2 the game. When they start growing hair (in places other than their heads), they are clueless, but then again, they are then mainly focused on grils...

I let my son choose where to play this year. I gave him advice and guidance, but he made the decision.

Comment

We weighed all the pros and cons as a family, but we let our daughter make the final decision out of clubs we felt comfortable with overall.

After all, she's on the field, not us.

Comment

Most parents today let their kids do as they please, it is much easier that way!!

Comment

Most parents today let their kids do as they please, it is much easier that way!!
                            You hit the nail on the head with this comment.

I will decide where my child plays. It is not up to them. It is called parenting.

Comment

This is such nonsense, why don't you let your 4 year old handle razor blades or ice-picks? becuase they are not old enough to handle those objects. Why aren't 12 year olds allowed to to drive yet? because they are not ready for that level of resposibility. The answer to your dumb question is in the question itself, Why are parents not allowing their "CHILDREN" to decided? could it be because they are "CHILDREN" still and may not be ready to handle those decisions properly? yathink? This forum is simply amazing!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X